…RC18T REVIEW…

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion …RC18T REVIEW…

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • Author
      bithed
      Participant

…well mine hasnt arrived yet 🙁 i have to TRY to forget that it is even coming because stuff usually arrives when you lease expect it…

…it hasnt been long since the 18T has been released…not even a week yet but there is lots of talk all around the place about it…Here are TWO links which SHOULD fill you in and have you reaching for the chequebook 🙂

…A review from wildhobbies and two DELICIOUS videos…WELL WORTH watching…

http://www.wildhobbies.com/news/default.asp?cmd=view&articleid=1273

…Here also are some pics from a guy in Sweden on one18th.com…probably the best one being the 18T next to the infamous Mini T…Interesting…

http://www.one18th.com/GetGallery3675.htm

…enjoy and then lets meet back here for the shakedown 🙂

• This topic was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Avatar photoAaron.
      Keymaster

It sure looks the goods….

Bit more rougher and ready lookign compared to the Mini-T….

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

dgs73
      Participant

oy!!! ‘Nuff of the T bashing guys!!!:smiley2:

MiniKing
      Participant

Hey Dgs did you get your mini T yet…????? have you got any hop ups for it yet???:D:D

dgs73
      Participant

eyah mate, got it last Friday… it goes pretty good. Bearings are in the mail, and i’ve organised through Kellet’s to get the 6 cell Nimh pack, charger, and a better motor for later on. Other stuff can wait till broken. It had (seemingly) no speed the first run down Meadowbank, but that was before motor ws broken in, and the 2100’s I used in it were not charged fully. Last night however was a totally different story. Still needs some more speed i think, but handling is super-responsive.

bithed
      Participant

…how many AA7S does it take again? i am going to need a little unit like that for my 18 while i do some battery mods 😉 i want to keep the thing running you know…is it FOUR ? I might just wire up SIX 👿

MiniKing
      Participant

They take four AA’s Bithead…..Hey Dgs how much did you get your rtr kit for???? and wat was the price of your bearings and batt pack????:D:D:D

bithed
      Participant

…Dave you hijacking my thread mate ? 🙂

…Thanks MiniKing..thats what i thought…i just need an interim unit because the 18 ships with a 10 hour charger…WTF!! There is no way i am going to sit around for 10 hours waiting for that to happen you know…I can charge four AA in about two hours..sure it wont be a spectaclar run but just enough to tide me over until it all starts getting technical you know 🙂

..Aaron you looking at the RC18T too? Apparently Tower Hobbies will get you a unit faster than my ebay seller will 🙁

TallduDe
      Participant

those vids look good.

i hope i have enuff money early next year to get one!

i like how they are stable, monster turcks at that scale tend to roll over tooo much for my liking.

dgs73
      Participant

readyset; $265aud, bearings; $1.99usd (yes, cheap…!! not crap either)= about $10aud, with postage, etc., batt. pack; gotta go see Kellet’s. They were avoiding giving prices over the phone for some reason…
      Bithed; nah, mate.:D Tis all yours

bithed
      Participant

…apparently by all accounts i haveseen so far is the trinity is a POS !! lol…

…Talldude if you are going to wait until net year ANYWAY wait for the release of the half 8 from KYOSHO…this will be another BIG release onto the 1/18 market…

Keymaster

I won’t be buying more toys for quite a while… The budget just doesn’t exist anymore – in fact there will probably be a major reduction in toys 🙁

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

TallduDe
      Participant

dude can u provide a web page for the half 8??

cheers

MiniKing
      Participant

Hey Talldude check out Kyosho.com…..there are pics of half 8 on there…..

dgs73
      Participant
      Quote:
      I won’t be buying more toys for quite a while… The budget just doesn’t exist anymore – in fact there will probably be a major reduction in toys 🙁

A.

know what you mean… hopups for the T are the furthest it’ll go this year… and even then i’m not going nuts on it

TallduDe
      Participant

looks like the rc18t has a lot of good things being said about it. they are even releasing a hop up list for these babies.

the mini quake on the other hand has build and quailty issues.

looks like the rc18t is a winner but knowing kyosho the half 8 will be great but very expensive!

bithed
      Participant

…The Half 8 is not moving very much right now…details later on when i have some time to sit down and attend to them…the RC18T ALSO has some issues but any new machine does…People are RAVING about the 18T but it does have its share of problems at this stage…But more on that later…

…my 18T is arriving soon i hope 🙁 Still not here yet…But i have lined up a GP 1100 pack, a new charger, a decent one, Deans Ultras all around and one set of mini T Street Meats, thats 4 REAR wheels, unfortunately in yellow because I didnt know they were eleasing white ones but no big problems…]

…Talldude i have to fill you in on the Half 8…

TallduDe
      Participant

okay so whats so goood about the half 8??

bithed
      Participant
      TallduDe
      Participant

thanks man.

i except pics and a full review when u get ur rc18t :p lol

bithed
      Participant

…to make matters worse ALREADY check this link out for the ever growing list od ADD-ONS we can spend our money on…

http://www.rc18tonline.com/hopups.php

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

The half8 is a 1/16 4wd buggy, i hope it’s much less than half the cost of big brother Inferno MP 777 SP1, which will cost near $2000 to get running……

bithed
      Participant

…Jamie start saving your lunch money baby…right now we are looking at between 18,000 JPY and 22,000 JPY…

TallduDe
      Participant

thats not a bad price but compared to the rc18t its a bit steep.

they say the half 8 will incorporate most of its bigger brothers stuff as in you could use the same parts?

i find that hard to believe.

ahwell better save those 5 cent coins, im busting for a 1/18th.

bithed
      Participant

…talldude nail on the head mate…the different scales make believing that comment hard but thats what they are saying so far…TWO new magazines are out TODAY so i am checking those for hints and tips…At my supplier tomorrow arvo so we can chat about this again and hopefully i can get some more to post…But YES i think the 18T is a GOOd choice for anyone right now…Im really not happy about what i have heard about the Spyder and i feel the mini qake is just WAY too cheesy…

BTW the 18T is at dinball for the grand total of 195.00 USd PLUS shipping…(stifle muffled laughter) Yeah right…Ill take 3 at that price please…blackeye:

kevsta
      Participant

Got my 18t today, looks nice in the box, controller looks tacky and feels cheap though. Even though it’s team ae, it appears to be made in china.

I’m afraid this is going to be a shelf queen for a while, bloody came with a 110 volt charger. :angry:

bithed
      Participant

…gimmee a couple of hours kev and we wil be away laughing 😉

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I find it sooo hard to believe that the 1/8 inferno parts are interchangeable…maybe the reciever and servos…

TallduDe
      Participant

any luck runing your rc18t yet kev?

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      any luck runing your rc18t yet kev?

No mate, waiting on a charger to be shipped from hong kong, it’s going to take something like a month or so because it’s coming on actual ship in a 10kg box with other stuff.

Either that or buy a step down transformer to plug in the 110V charger, but that’s like $50 and the slow charger takes like 10 hours to charge up the batts so not really worth it.

bithed
      Participant

kev mate…chop the plug end of your motor wires…hard wire them to a chopped mini z battery case…load em up…run em 🙂 Itll keep yu running for a bit till your charger gets there 🙂 Sorry for the delay but im almost on top of my game again 🙂

kevsta
      Participant

I’ve been having a bit of fun with this lately and I got to say that I’m pretty happy with it.

Now who wants a race ? anyone ?

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.