Rc18t

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      mini-g
      Participant

hey all, who else here has a RC18t?????
      got one on the weekend and it totally rocks…..

• This topic was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Avatar photoAaron.
      Admin
      Participant

getting an RC18b in the mail any day now, looking forward to giving it a flogging.

mini-g
      Participant

hey chimpy, you got your 18b yet???? and are you going to race it????
      we race 18th truck at ryde off road track on the second and fourth sundays of the month.

Admin
      Participant

It arrived on Wednesday.

At the moment I don’t plan on racing, but that will more than likely change come saturday.
      I am going around Morbid Monaro’s place to pickup some batteries and a charger.
      We are probably going to be going to the track near his place to test it out (he will so kick my arse with his 18T), knowing my luck I will get hooked on racing and spend the rest of my money on rc cars 🙂

peteWah
      Participant

yo dude, it jay on pete’s login(cause mine’s stuffed!!!!!) i’ve got the factory team RC18T & it rocks, i’ve mamba 8000 in it & my god it turns heads, i think it a bit too quick for the track so i got the 5400, mmmmmmm though i am thinking of getting a B & adding the factory team hop ups, lets dwell on that

TallduDe
      Participant

yeah your rc18t is damn fast!

still remember i was going round the corner to go onto the straight in my tamiya mini and you were waiting for me at the begining of the straight. still cant believe you over took me halfway down the straight!

wish i had a rc18t but i guess i need a job……

Admin
      Participant

*sigh*
      Broke the steering arm yesterday.
      Not a good idea to drive flat stick into a gutter 🙁

mini-g
      Participant

go see the guys at rc hobbies at petersham, they have lots of parts.

Admin
      Participant
      mini-g wrote:
      go see the guys at rc hobbies at petersham, they have lots of parts.
      It’s ok.

Uncle Jay(haha. uncle :P) picked up a new one for me yesterday.
      And I have an aluminum one on order at rcmart.

souljah23
      Participant

Hi,
      I have been drooling over a Team associated 18b for a little while now but having trouble getting one. Where did you get yours from and how much was it delivered? What battery packs do you all suggest?
      Any links to good deals, or if someone wants to source one for me that would be great(i’m actually after two of them)? links to good bat packs and charger would be handy too.

cheers,
      Souljah23

Admin
      Participant

I picked mine up from rcmart.com
      Cost me $283 shipped from Hong Kong.

rchobbies.com.au have the 18B and T for $300 if you want somewhere local to buy from.
      They also have some decent batteries and chargers, I am using these ones but that is because I got them nice and cheap. The Reedy ones are supposed to be good.

I stole (borrowed) Jay’s swallow charger but I will probably buy a better one.

Keymaster

For the record we can source on demand for AUD290 at your door, little less for the 18T.

Just another option.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

souljah23
      Participant

If I buy two 18b’s will you be able to source them cheaper Aaron? I have found a place that will ship them to my door for about $245(plus i will get stung for GST, so another $20+).
      Can you beat this or get close to it :question:

Can you get battery packs too? and send them with the car to save on postage? :smiley1:

You can get Reedy minimax 1100mah packs for $28 american($37aus), much cheaper than the $69 aussie tag.

I think I will get two extra battery packs for each car.

Souljah23.

Keymaster

If you can land a pair at that price do it. It’s definately a fair price for a HK sourced pair.

Our costs in handling the transaction (paperwork, customs, merchant fees, Aus based shipping etc) just mean it’s not worth it without a working margin above the wholesale price.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

souljah23
      Participant

Hey Aaron,
      If I get the buggies through you then can I get some battery packs at the same time(to save on postage)?

What can you get and what are the prices?

Admin
      Participant
      Aaron wrote:
      For the record we can source on demand for AUD290 at your door, little less for the 18T.

Just another option.

A.
      You are only about 3 weeks late to help me out!!!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.