RCmart will start selling aftermarket Xmod parts

Home Forums Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods and other Mini-Scale Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods – Discussion RCmart will start selling aftermarket Xmod parts

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Charlie Brown
      Participant
      Keymaster

Given I’ve only seen/touched dgs73’s Xmod (ie I don’t have much experience with them) I would wonder the worth of modding on of those things?

Heavy little buggers.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

betty.k
      Participant

i can’t stop playing with mine!:p there are some parts that would greatly benefit from the strength that alloy has to offer, ie: knuckles, drive cups. i’m ordering mine from here http://www.cjshobbies.net/phpBB2/ once they’re in stock.:8ball:

peteWah
      Participant

Daves needs a Nelly and a P.Dash….:smiley2:

betty.k
      Participant

that’s the setup jamie is running in his and he’s still having torque issues. i’m planning on a nelly and pn racing s03. those teeny weeny universal joints worry me though:8ball:

Keymaster

*nods* I like the concept and love some of the engineering – but they’re heavy 😉

Weight is bad mmmkay (says the guy with the 1800kg 1:1 that can rock into the 13s 1/4 😉

A>

--
      Site Owner Guy.

dgs73
      Participant
      Quote:
      Daves needs a Nelly and a P.Dash….:smiley2:

yeah, um thanks Pete… is no info sacred???

bithed
      Participant

…no dave its not…especially that lttle mishap you had with your panty elastic riding up…oh…wait on..you DID tell everyone about that right ?

merc-blue
      Participant

yeh the xmod has torque issures some neos wouldnt go astray

bithed
      Participant

…Anyone needs xmod parts in carbon just pull my lever 😉

Keymaster

bithed we all know what happens when your lever gets pulled 🙂

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

chino
      Participant

betty, tha lil cv joint are stronger than they look. cups go out way before the joint ever will. i ran em in my truck for a while now and they have never broke. i got my alloy cup from http://www.atomicmods.com they fit great.

for one of my racers i used metal cups only in the rear since they are so pricey, and locked the rear diff. for the front i used a the ball diff slightly loosend, less stress for the plastic cups in front but still allows sum power to hav good handling and able to drift

betty.k
      Participant

i’ve seen the atomicmods cups, they look very well made. but i’m going for the gpm’s outta cheapness!:D
      i’m currently running gear diffs all ’round because i’ve never been able to get the ball diff running nicely. got some usefull links you can point out chino? i’ve found little useful info on the ball diff so far:8ball:

chino
      Participant

cool, gpm makes cups, thnx for the info, naw i dont hav any links, sorry. gear diffs all around is cool too its jus i experience alot of under steer when i do it. i filled my rear gear diff with thick grease, cornering became alot smoother.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.