RE: Transmitter mod question

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      mcojoc
      Participant

I posted this on another thread, but perhaps it needs to be in a thread by itself for exposure… Any input would be appreciated.On another note, I’m glad I’m not alone in being obsessed by these little cars…. I’m 38 and rememberbeing a kidplaying with my HO slot cars and thinking “Wouldn’t it be cool if they were remote controlled?”…. Who’d a thunk it. Anyway, it’s great to be here. Any input anyone has about the following would be appreciated:

“Anybody else open their receiver to find no cap between L3 and R9? My transmitter shows no connection on the surface mount between them either. My reception is pretty good (about 20 feet I calculate in a straight line when I’m standing up) so I guess maybe they didn’t put one in… Any thoughts from others who found no cap either when they opened their transmitters?”

Admin
      Participant

As far as I can tell, the capacitor is not always

present: for example I never found it in 45Mhz and 27Mhz units,

and only dome of the 57Mhz and 35Mhz units do have it. What I did

notice is that the remotes with the capacitor installed had a

significatively lower range.

mcojoc
      Participant

I have a 27 that I took out of the box and put back in because of the range. I’m going to try the cap test and also see about adjusting the pot on the car for better range. Thanks for the info Chris!

Admin
      Participant

What if I have a 57mhz w/ no cap, but has really short range and constant studdering? Any suggestions?

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by MrDigi on 12?May?2002
      What if I have a 57mhz w/ no cap, but has really short range and constant studdering?? Any suggestions?

You could post a scan or a photo of the cirtuit board somewhere, so I

can check the differences between your remote and the ones I have…

mcojoc
      Participant

Also, I believe there is a “POT” underneath the circuit board ON the car that you can use to adjust the range. I don’t know about that however as I’ve never done it yet… If you open the car and release the circuit board, I believe that is where it is located. Then with 2 people, have one operate the car until it is out of range, then “tweak” the potentiometer on the car until you get a signal again, then have the person with the car step out of range again, and keep trying it until you can no longer get the car to respond… Anyone know of a picture on this site of the car circuit board?

I hope no one minds… Here’s the link from another site with the procedure and a picture… I hope it helps!!!

http://pub24.ezboard.com/fmartiniracingfrm1.showMessage?topicID=16.topic

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.