Reverse/Forward Speed Difference

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Has anyone found that their bit goes backwards faster then forwards? Mine does this always. It becomes even more noticable as the battery is depleted… So.. Any thoughts?

betty.k
      Participant

i,ve noticed a similar thing too. when ive just run the motor from the pcb and listened to it in forward and reverse, it sounded like it was reving the same both ways, so i’m not sure if it’s true but it certainly looks that way to me too:8ball:

merc-blue
      Participant

if i does i c no reason y u cant do a bit of a switch swap the forward and backward cables as well as the steering wires and hold the contorller upside down… .. or u can just swap the forward/baclward wires and then doe the same in then controler .. but that requires u to scrtch out conections and re wire them(waste of time)

Super Max Power
      Participant

Why don’t you just turn the motor over?:D

Edited by – Super Max Power on 11 November 2003 00:22:02

merc-blue
      Participant

cause then the foward button is backward and tha backward button is forward

betty.k
      Participant

i think super max is just gaggin’ with us. and if you don’t believe me try turning your motor over!! (nice one super max! hook, line and sinker!):D:8ball:

merc-blue
      Participant

.. oh i thpugh he meant just to switch the motor wires

ph2t
      Participant

It’s easier to pull something than push it. This would explain the better performance when the batteries are close to dead.

ph2t.

micro_Amps
      Participant

Yep, spot on ph2t. Even if you reversed the motor wires I think you would find the same things happening, although I havent tried it.
      The circuit is exactly the same for forward and reverse, so there is no electrical difference.
      If you lubricate the gears and the rear axel you will find the difference between forward and reverse reduces to almost nothing.
      :)uA

leonli17
      Participant

I agree with ph2t. But when u just spin the motor freely(without the gears, just the motor in the car.) The noise still seems stronger when reverse. And that happens to every single car. Why is that???

Admin
      Participant

could b to do with the weight shifting to the back of the car since its a rear wheel drive.

twizm
      Participant

almost julz. you have it the wrong way round. when you go into reverse from forward, you are also braking, throwing weight to the front of the car, letting the drive wheels spin more freely due to less weight over them.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.