review: xtrek 3.4 motors

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

just got a set of these motors from toyeast

http://www.toyeast.com/v2/proddetail2.asp?pdtid=A01101029

i haven’t done any hardcore testing with lots of motors and stats but i’m impressed! the test rig was my lipo and iwavered zzse. this car will destroy a crappy motor in a matter of minutes, the xtrek is just fine after a runthumbs_up.gif

this rig also exagerates the difference between a weak motor and a strong one. i tested out a tomy 2.2, 3.0 (THE most underated motor in the micro world!), a good perfection 3.8. slowest was obviously the 2.2. the 3.8 is pretty fast and powerful, but the lucifer 3.0 was a touch faster and had more torque. so last i try the xtrek and….. DAYUM!!shock.gifthis motor is awesome!! easily had a big increase in power over the others.thumbs_up.gif

so i can honestly say this motor is the best one i’ve used ever! even better than the purple zz 3.4!! and that’s not all, you get 2 in the pack plus a really cool pinion removing tool (which no one needs but hey, it’s fun!)8ball.gif

mini-g
      Participant

i still got an x-trek, not much use for anything.

TeamBonzer
      Participant

Betty, are these motors meant for the new X-Trek Pro cars or the old crappy ones?

Cheers

TB

betty.k
      Participant

old crappy ones. they fit in bits and zz’s8ball.gif

z-beam
      Participant

great betty, pity my bits dont get used much at all these days. i knew the mini-z would kill em!

but ill still get a few for later downthe track…

by the way, who the hell is john hunt?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.