REVIEW:micro amps zip zap se steering fix

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

you’ve probably heard of or seen a zz se with inconsistent steering probs. this is most likely a fault in design, but the technology exists in the car for smooth steering. my se had about 5 steps right and 3 steps left with lots of stutter when turning left. i had a go at one mod i found on tinyrc, but it didn’t help. and there are 5 slightly different types of pcb out there, and trying to work out which one i had and finding a definate fix was proving difficult. so after a round trip to micro ampsville via post here’s my thouhts.
      WWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!:p bloody incredible! i now have 7 nice even steps each way, so good in fact it shows up the poor centering return spring on the controller! i originally bought the se off ph2t, and when he saw it today he said “i want it back!!”:D vast improvement, i’m not used to propo control so it’ll take a little practice, but this thing goes exactly where i point it. the rack and peanut steering is fantastic for off road and now it’ll be even better. can’t wait to treat it bad up bush again!:shock:
      on the side he tweaked the fets for me and brought the speed up to 9kph, initially it was 5. impressive to say the least!
      so if you need your se steering tweeked send it to micro amps, he can fix every sort of pcb and as always the workmanship is top notch:smiley2::8ball:

merc-blue
      Participant

hey micro how much u have 2 pay for that advertising…. Nah i agree mirco does some great fet jobs

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I’ve been onto micro_amps to get me one of these babies (FET’d and fixed), c’mon micro i thought u had a batch of these….i’m dying, i waaaaaaaaannnnnntttt.
      Even my dad is creaming himself at the idea of a 1/64 car with proportional/servo control.

micro_Amps
      Participant

Bettys work is some of the best I’ve seen and I give the guy big kudos for his original ideas and inovation. Not many like him around.

:)uA
      Soon Jamie,soon.
      Your Dad should have that looked at, it could get messy.

betty.k
      Participant

:blush::8ball:

merc-blue
      Participant

jamie she SE isnt propo .. its mire like a digi-q-r or a spec 2 nikko iRacer its like 8 steps

betty.k
      Participant

well now that’s just nitpicking! for someone like me who’s only owned bits it’s plenty propo! 7 steps of steering, 5 forward and 3 reverse suits me just fine:8ball:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant
      Quote:
      jamie she SE isnt propo .. its mire like a digi-q-r or a spec 2 nikko iRacer its like 8 steps

My mini Z has a 512 step esc….is that propo?? i think so!!!

merc-blue
      Participant

yeh but 8 steps is far from propo .. its like a x-mod is 32 and u can tell the diff between a mini-z and x-mod steering.. a mini-z is really good for handling if u set it up rite… and knowing ur expertise in the feild u probly do.

micro_Amps
      Participant

No need top go into the “propo / not propo” discussion again, its been done to death.
      Each has their own pros and cons, enjoy them the way they are.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Its still proportional, and, getting technical, a bit char-g has proportional control, but only one step either way.

micro_Amps
      Participant

I dont think on and off actually count as proportional.

leonli17
      Participant

the proportional is the human who control it!!!

Admin
      Participant

Propo or not, I’m glad to hear that you got it to track straight lines. That had to be the most iritating bad trait with the original SEs. To hear it can get decent steering in both directions is another, good to hear, since I’m tired of racing oval. :smiley2:

micro_Amps
      Participant

Hi clx, welcome to Ausmicro (finally :smiley2:)
      No doubt you will see the results of the SE steering fix arriving on your doorstep soon too.

:DuA

Admin
      Participant

Got the cars back the other day, thanks!!! I ended up swapping the steering motor for 2 of the cars. 1 was the one you said probably needed it and another was one that just started tweaking on me after a few runs. The propo left and right is really good for all 7 but for some of them I’m still having problems trying to get a straight line. It may be my controllers but it’s most likely my lack of no-how to tweak the cars. Do you have any suggestions on how to dial in the steering? I think I’m missing something since all I’m doing is adjusting the controller trim and turning the screw under the car. I’m sure I probably have to take it apart and align everything as I’m putting it back together.

btw-I been here for a while uA… Just doing my best impersonation of a sponge and trying to soak it all up.

Edited by – clxfiles on 24 March 2004 19:53:33

TallduDe
      Participant

might have to send my new se to micro to get it swoooooped up a bit.

merc-blue
      Participant

check out tinyRC.. ther are lots of other good mod ideas on ther

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.