ROBOSAPIEN

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • Author
      trash
      Participant

Somebody mentioned RC robots ?
      This one caught my attention in the Qantas inflight magazine a couple of weeks ago. Myer currently sell it in their shops.

http://www.megamacs.com/v1/index.php?action=view&pid=2234705

ROBOSAPIEN … how cool is that !!! I have to have one !
      It s IR controlled, but I think these critters are just itchin to get some trash programing and personality upgrade 🙂

If somebody gets one before I can get to a myer store first… please let me know what you think of them.

micro_Amps
      Participant

They look pretty good, IR RC only as far as I know, but I have heard that they may be able to be tapped into to modify their behaviour.
      Let us know how it goes.
      :)uA

z-beam
      Participant

if you can get multiple channels for these it would be cool to finally get humanoid rc combat bots!

i wonder how good theyre balance is, i reckon if on kicked or punched another one they would both fall over.

trash i would be very interested in knowing how well they perform. at $100 usd they seem a bit expensive at the moment.

micro_Amps
      Participant

Their batteries are in their feet, so the weight is down low. They dont fall over walking with their arms fully extended.
      I know some humans that cant do that. 🙂

z-beam
      Participant

they can kick, punch and grab and throw objects supposedly. if the batts are in the feet then combat should be possible.

Cavo
      Participant

Robosapian looks cool.I know it has 69 built in functions.it can just roam around and pick stuff up,it farts,grunts,dances,speaks caveman,fights, they say and can be programed to do what you want.COMBAT Yeah !! But if you want to go all the way with a robot check this out.It has a vid cam in its head,fully movable any direction walk,crouch etc,shoots BB’s YES BB’s.The video screen on the controler is colour,runs 1/2 Hour I think.! 12 of these on an enclosed battlefield would be the Duck’s Nuts!!!! You rekon Robosapian is expensive…$1300 USD for this Fella !!!It was $2300 last year when I saw them.. http://store.aikotradingstore.com/rctecroidmsz.html

Cavo
      Participant
      Cavo
      Participant
      z-beam
      Participant

hth (hand to hand) combat is way more satisfying to watch and compete in that bb or ir battles.

i’ve seen the gundam bots before and i think they use sliding mechanisms in thier feet to move. amazing detail and features though.

robosapien if programamable could be given complex combat scripts, for ai battles. which in my opinion would be a good source of entertainment.

also modding the exterior to acheive unique appearances for them could be good.

bithed
      Participant

…BANDAI has been going on for ages about their kitset robots but they still havent been released with any real effort…They will be cool when they arrive…i THINK they are programmable and they are designed to fight with another bot of the same series…I will try to keep you posted…

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

I really want one to retrieve crashed slot cars 😆

Cavo
      Participant

Robosapian stuff,pics,Hacking ..sounds like it only holds memory up to 20mins or 2 hours if in sleep mode…some guys already trying to hack it to use with a pc or palm top…http://homepages.strath.ac.uk/~lau01246/robot/hackrobos.shtml http://www.fullspeed.co.nz/robosapien/stripdown1.htm

bithed
      Participant

…Lots of these on the bay right now…not priced too badly but the shipping WILL be a killer on him cos he seems to be so heavy…

…He looks to be able to be controlled with third party pda devices but the fix looks to be DIY so NG no good for the braindead like moi 🙂 He does look good though…

bithed
      Participant

…I downloaded his manual in PDF and printed it out @ school 😉 Do some research to decide if he is really worth it…

bithed
      Participant

hmm…just spent an hour researching robot wars and all things robotically violent and im all hot and flustered…One hobby at a time bithed…lol…

z-beam
      Participant

violence…. robots….. somewhat evil human intellect in control… sounds like a recepe for FUN!

bithed
      Participant

…hmm…ok..just got a reply back for shipping for this one…

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5906149719&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

…50 USD from the USA to Japan…TOTAL 140 USD…can JUST cover that with paypal right now…

Edited by – bithed on 01 July 2004 17:32:51

bithed
      Participant

nah…have to be patient…must NOT push bu…button…

kevsta
      Participant

These are going for $149 AUD at Myers ATM, a saving of $20. Offer won’t last long though…

micro_Amps
      Participant

Kevsta 140 $US is equiv to about $200 Australian
      Better off at Myers.
      PDAs usually have an accessible IR port, so anuthing that is IR controlled can be controlled by a PDA if you can write a program for it.
      😉 uA

Edited by – micro_Amps on 01 July 2004 17:56:46

jamiekulhanek
      Participant
      Quote:
      hmm…just spent an hour researching robot wars and all things robotically violent and im all hot and flustered…One hobby at a time bithed…lol…

Oh yeah, those battle bots look really cool…. some of them are extremely expensive….

Got any idea of the guidelines???

Cavo
      Participant

Big W has robosapian for $136 but it is on special from thursday 8th for $116…Just in case your interested.Anyone got one yet?? Is the verdict in ?? Good,Bad,Ugly ?? Battles are a must !

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

I got one. $110 with my Big W staff discount!

The absolute first thing is… HE IS HUGE!!! If you ain’t seen one get out there. No kidding he stands about 40cm at the helm, and he can raise his arms, with them up he pushes 2′ tall!!!

The worst things (so far) the remote is “backwards…” The left-hand side of the remote controls the robots right-hand side. I (and i guess you guys) am used to controlling my toys from behind, but he is clearly designed to be played with facing the user… ewwww…. He isn’t very interactive, I guess I am being a bit of a whiney bitch about it, but I wanted him to come when called, play fetch, shit like that. Another bad thing… he is slow, real slow. LOS controlling sucks too!

The good stuff!!!
      It aint all bad news. He is the first RC toy I have ever seen that made me LAUGH MY ASS OFF. He dances, he farts, HE DOES PELVIC THRUSTS, he *CAN* pick stuff up, but is a bit of a hassle walking him into position. It is the only RC toy i have that my mum (bless her heart…) doesn’t hate on principle. He sorta does karate… but the lack of kicking is a bit disappointing.

Overall:
      Very impressive 1st generation package. I wish I hadn’t been so damn impulsive, so I could read someone elses verdict on him before i bought it, but these things happen. If I had a little brother, i would happily buy it as either a distraction from my cars, or a b’day pressie for him, or if i had some wild crazy scheme that I could use parts off him for, he is a cheap source of “stuff”. But for me, he’ll prolly either get covered in stickers (or paint..) and displayed or sold on 😉

Now any questions???

micro_Amps
      Participant

Sounds a bit dissapointing, but on a par with what I have read elsewhere.
      I was interested in picking up one of these while Big W (or is it Kmart) has them on special, but I think I might hold off, or not even bother.
      If I had people around me saying “these things are fantastic !!!” I’d rush out and buy one, but its just not the case.

merc-blue
      Participant

yeh they look arite but the need a touch of improving.. nothing beats a aibo in terms of consumer robots

trash
      Participant

I’ll get one when I get home… stuck in NZ atm

bithed
      Participant

…how long for trash/ I will be home for 2 weeks from the 26th of july 🙂

Cavo
      Participant

What’s that,1/2 A Esters rocket engines in a weapons pod mounted on his arm that fire black powder missiles whe his hand is activated.A backpack Flamethrower conected to his other arm from a modified butane solderiron or a modified electric chainsaw hedgetrimmer or a small blade circular saw from dremel tool or a modified axe hatchet,hammer,grinder,shotgun,minigun,grenade launcher…Umm,, me thinks too much !!! But I can do all the above because I’m Mad !!!or so I tell myself !! Bring on the RC Battlemechs…Have they no imagination !!!!

trash
      Participant

heheh … cavo weapons development and research lab !

merc-blue
      Participant

the coolest ive ever see was a drop module on a plane was being used to launch bottle rockets .. from what i could tell basicaly wired up som nicrome wire to the very top of the fuse so when he pressed a button it got current/got hot and blew off the rockets

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

sony aibo’s are very cool, a friend of mine who is the same age as me (17) has one, he also has a black ’94 Supra RZ Twin Turbo, with engine mods and $27,000 worth of bodykit….

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

sony aibo’s are very cool, a friend of mine who is the same age as me (17) has one, he also has a black ’94 Supra RZ Twin Turbo, with engine mods and $27,000 worth of bodykit….

merc-blue
      Participant

bastard has to many $$ he wanna throw me some

merc-blue
      Participant

bastard has to many $$ he wanna throw me some

Cavo
      Participant
      z-beam
      Participant

nice hoax is what that is… been curculating around transformers orientated websites for the last year. pretty impressive graphix though.

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.