SBCG Cripple……….help

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      charg-man
      Participant

Does anyone know if there is a cripple cap in the car and/or controller of the SBCG as the range is around one foot?

merc-blue
      Participant

no idea. i know that the SBCG is very different in terms of electronics than a VCG. casue there is so little you can manipulate in them

charg-man
      Participant

Whats the point in the SBCG. if you have to follow it every where? I would not even call it remote control!

HACHI-RYOKU
      Participant

Yeah, I usually just use the body and the chassis from the sbcg. It’s kinda sad isn’t it?

z-beam
      Participant

are you trying to use it with other cars? near sources of metal?

there are many things that can interfere with small radio equipment so try a different spot in your house.

you can increase the range (none of my 3 are that bad) by lifting the pcb and cover and get the cars antenna to stick out more. a lot of its length is wasted inside the chassis and in the pcb cover clip.

are your batteries new?

jevries
      Participant

I bought an LXX perfection and the range on the 27Mhz was 1 meter….I removed the body and with a small screwdriver I adjust the small wheel inside that tower thing thats soldered onto the PCB worked like a charm.

I layed something heavy on the forward button of the transmitter or you can clamp it down, sticking a match between the button and the housing, so the motor will spin and you can walk backwards adjusting the range.

charg-man
      Participant

Have tried the antenna mod, no go. tried new batt’s no go. the only thing that changed is from a 27b to 27a MHz and I have no idea how that happened. Looks like a cheap SBCG for sale $30 delivered.

z-beam
      Participant

did you check the distance with each small adjustment? sounds like you went a little too far with the reciver (i think its called a pot, short for potentometer). that thing is very sensitive so have another go but be very subtle, and once you get reception walk away one step at a time, if you loose it by distance or adjustment you gotta be more carefull.

jevries
      Participant

Thats the trick works like a charm!

lots_of_lobsters
      Participant

well i dont have any probs with my SBCG…i can get it almost 30 feet and all ive done to it was taken the wire out of the loop on the PCB cover…must be a lucky one i guess! 🙂

z-beam
      Participant

thats the first thing to do lotsa! i find i only get interference when the power is low.

and thats with only 2 outa three of my sbcg’s.

lots_of_lobsters
      Participant

yeh i did it after the range was pretty dodgy, but after i can easily get it 25 feet now (but i havent measured it yet-too lazy)

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.