servo for 1/10 scale

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion servo for 1/10 scale

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      peteWah
      Participant

I had a gear go in my steering servo on my TL01 tamiya can i get replacment gears for a Sanwa 102 or should i just buy a whole new servo and what is a good price and location other than ebay or wings & things in gladesville who quoted me $25 for a hitech im not sure…let me know prices & options
      As jar jar binks would say: Any help here will be had :):D:D
      suprise me

Keymaster

*laughs* pretty much replacing the servo is the ‘cheapest’ option. Unless the Sanwa is a hi-dollar job 🙂

--
      Site Owner Guy.

peteWah
      Participant

thats part of the answer i need and thanks again for the name change Aaron:D:D:D

PandaBear
      Participant

Sanwa 102 is the basic servo that comes with radio sets; RRP is about $25-30. Haven’t seen anywhere that sells spare gears for them locally otherwise the gears would only be $5.

Your best bet is to buy a new servo, or if you’re lucky buy a dead 102 from someone and steal its gears.

peteWah
      Participant

Yeah Yeah i know its crap but i would rather have a running crap car than sitting around gathering dust crap car :sad::sad::sad:

PandaBear
      Participant

Err.. better read the post again… nowhere did I ever say its ‘crap’. :p Sanwa 102 is not the fastest nor most torquey servo out there, but it does its job.

My personal preference is the Futaba S3003. It is a tiny bit faster & stronger than the Sanwa, but it is Futaba’s basic model. I like it over the Sanwa as I find it easier to get spareparts for Futaba – gears, case etc.

Keymaster

Yeah I’m a Futaba 3003 user. Killed the odd one here and there. Servo gears like you.

They’re about $20-$35 too so nothing flash.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

PandaBear
      Participant

At TCS 2003 I was running “without” servosaver to give some extra steering directness… narrow track with PVC-pipe barriers were very hard on little plastic S3003 gears.

Went thru about 5 serovs – all stripped output gears, including 1 that literally blew out the side of the servocase. 😯

Now have a queue at the servo doctor… need to go stock up on more gearsets first. When I get around to reordering, you need any Aaron?? 🙂

Keymaster

Not at the moment 😉 But spare ESC s;)

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

peteWah
      Participant

NO i said it, because it broke and rather cheep:D

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.