settings to drift

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      L337_krew
      Participant

wat motor? or settings? or hop ups so u need to drift?

GT-ahh
      Participant

an x-speed and 800mah batts will get ya started…

i find that inertia drift is easier, if not more effective than just booting it and trying to power drift…

L337_krew
      Participant

does more mah mean more power or longer time?
      or does volts mean more power?

GT-ahh
      Participant

volts is more power but batteries with a higher mah retain their “freshness” for longer.. so its more punchy.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Think of MAH as the size of a petrol tank, the bigger the number the bigger the storage.

Higher voltage gives more power, but not all cells will hold voltage under load.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I think the bog stock mini z with ball bearings drifts the best.

GT-ahh
      Participant

the stock motor doesnt really give that much “potential” if u know what I mean.. on a tennis court sized area, an x-speed and a big pinion is a must…

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I find too much speed makes it spin out rather than drift, but im talking about concrete.

Keymaster

All I know is that I have fitted a fairly large (largest I have) pinion to a stock motor, some NiMH 650mAhs and some medium foam tyres and the thing simply won’t drift any more.

OK the post is about drifting – but I actually found the profound lack of traction annoying … although I’m finding the turn too hard and flip the car trick marginally more annoying 😉

Tips to drift though…
      Use a ball diff and “lock” it up so both rear wheels drive equally.
      Use a large pinion (more torque to wheels to break traction easier)
      Use hard tyres as they’re usually spin up on smooth surfaces unlike soft ones that tend to grip.
      Use batteries with a high discharge rate
      X-Speed motor does help but a good stocker will do good for starters…

Also tighten up yourfront wheels so they don’t free spin much – that slows the forwards movement of the car and gives marginally more control 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

titaniumonkey
      Participant

trust me, the mini z will drift right after you drive it around for a few days and when the wheels collect dust. That’s what happened to mine. I usually drift by making the mini z go at half the possibl speed and just when I need to furn, I accelerate and turn in whatever direction I need to go. Works fine for my CLK-GTR

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.