Shelby GT-500

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      zensx
      Participant

Ok z beam here ya go. A month ago, a fellow bitpimp gave me this 65 mustang xmod that he got at RS, which was completely dead.
      My dream car is a 67 Shelby GT-500 (which I will have someday) so I decided to make my own. I started out cutting zip zaps packaging in the shapes of the hoodscoop and roof extension. After extensive bracing, I bonded the peices to the car, then followed that up with Squadron green putty. After much carving, shaving and sanding, this is what I have so far. I also shaved the fuel filler door off the rear panel and put one on the rear pillar. I m also modding the rear panel to accept 67 tail lamps.

mustangbaby2.jpg
      atomiceleanor.jpg

I also have done some chassis mods, shedding some weight to make up for a few aluminum bits including axles and cups, added lithium cells, full VXB bearing kit with wide track units at all four corners, and removal of the center driveshaft. I have carbon fiber front and rear decks, and will be replacing all screws with titanium bits. I d like add a nelly turbo and hotter motor to the mix. I painted the center of the rims silver and added tri spoke knockoffs. Luckily I ll have a beater shell to keep this one looking new. The paint just arrived the other day, so I should have it painted either this weekend or next, depending on how far I get with finishing bodywork and prep. She ll be coated with light gunmetal, deep metallic blue rally stripes, and topped off with a pearlescent clearcoat.
      I ve taken two command logic light kits and combined them with two ZZ SE lights for a total of 6 lights in the front and 4 in the rear. I want this to look as close to the real thing as possible.
      eleanorliths.jpg
      stangfront.jpg
      I had to rework the light holes near the grill to keep them level. It took about 4 hrs. just for that. I have been waiting on parts and material for weeks now and hope they show up soon. I ll keep y all posted.

Edited by – zensx on 09 February 2005 12:30:20

Edited by – zensx on 09 February 2005 12:33:58

z-beam
      Participant

thats coming along awesomely! i have a shelby gt-500 sitting on a shelf in kit form awaiting the treatment to convert it as a mini-z body.

ill post some pics up later of the kit if you want, i really like the changes youve made from the original disign. cant wait to see it painted!

arch2b
      Participant

you could easily do somethign just as nice with the new kyosho mustang autoscale. while it’s not the classic, it’s very nice.

Edited by – arch2b on 10 February 2005 14:37:17

micro_Amps
      Participant

Looking nice zen, can I ask where you got those LiPos from?
      uA

merc-blue
      Participant

UA try rcmart .. they have a few lipos avalible also http://www.master-instruments.com.au (i think) .. ont u find master instuments they have TONS

z-beam
      Participant

tri-spoke knock offs…. where the hell you get them from, they are a sweet touch…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.