shen qi wei motors

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      twizm
      Participant

anyone got any idea what speed the standard shen qi wei motors are rated at? i just bought a tomy 3.0 motor and im praying that it wasnt a waste. these cars seem pretty fast as they are, so im curious.

thanks.

micro_Amps
      Participant

The shen motors are pretty fast, around 3.0 to 3.5, but I think the Tomy is a better quality.
      You will probably find that they are close in speed, but the Tomy motor will outlast the shen motor in life span.
      :)uA

twizm
      Participant

oh well. at least ill have a decent motor awaiting my auto modellista set 🙂

VooDooMafia
      Participant

Get some perfection motors if you are looking for good speed.

Also by your post abouve I take it you are getting the automodelista set from Micro amps( I gots me the same one ), if this is true and you are getting fets then toss a perfection 4.2 king or pro in it and it will scream 🙂

twizm
      Participant

i cant find any aussie sites that sell them, not even on ebay (havent thoroughly checked though). not having a credit card makes it difficult too.

barto_85
      Participant

they are often on ebay, you just gotta watch out for them. There is one on there now, a 4.2 with a 200mah battery, its $25 though, no wonder no one has bid on it yet.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3156052389&category=2565

betty.k
      Participant

i bought a tomy 2.6 motor recently, and popped it into my shen. i noticed it went almost twice as fast. i’m guessing then, that my shen had a 1.0 or 1.6. being a clone i,m sure they used whatever motors were most abundant at the time of production. judging by other shen owner’s comments i’ve read, you could have varying motor sizes and tyres and pcb’s and so on. a friend of mine and i bought our shens together, and his pcb looks different to mine:8ball:

twizm
      Participant

http://www.micro-motive.com rates them at 2.2-2.6. i dont think they are 3.0s, i hear everyone saying that 3.0s leave you with no steering, but i can turn on a 50c piece with mine, fairly easily too, and i dont have any mods on it besides lots of grease.

either way, ill still have a 3.0 motor waiting for my auto mod kit (which now im considering mosfeting).

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.