SHHHH REAL BIT CHAR G INSIDE

Viewing 63 reply threads
  • Author
      merc-blue
      Participant

as u may have seen in some random posts there has been major developments in BCG teck recently with the introduction with motors over the 4 mark and mosfet easily avalible due to micro amps great work also the recent (not that new) 200 mah batterys…. i have seen cars with a 4.2 and mosfet n such or dual cell and mosfet only running a 2.0 and stuff i am nearing compleation of the greatest BCG ever (just waiting on one seriously mosfeted 2 speed pcb)
      its containing…

Dual mosfets + mosfeted steering
      Dual 4.2 motors
      Dual 200mAh batterys
      2 speed
      Hood Scoop + Intercooler – Phast Motors ***** (just saw these n though y not put 1 on [need to get 1 first])
      carbon fiber hood ***** (need the deacals)
      front suspention
      “goodyear” tyres *****
      kitt racer gears ***** (i need more varietys)
      a slightly customized Rx7 + some surpise decals….. (and standard merc_blue paint [ne 1 whos saw my skyline would no what i mean])
      custom antena ***** (guitar string ones ive seen around… ne 1 got ne info)
      alloy wheels (from bitpimps)

still want some parts (anything with a *)
      i also have a surprise in store!!!! i just developed it bout 5 mins ago its been tryed b4 but never to this extent ….

the first pics of the beast will be out soon … i am having the offical launch at a show in melb (once we get a hall) but will show pics (blurry, bad angles) …

Edited by – merc-blue on 08 October 2003 20:22:49

Edited by – merc-blue on 08 October 2003 20:25:14

trash
      Participant

You forgot the small nuclear fusion reactor to power it. Just add a drop of water and away you go. I have a paypal account that I don’t mind paying for things, but you might like somebody who is more local to you. I’m in sydney.

micro_Amps
      Participant

I think it will need a larger wing. lol, to keep it on the ground.
      One piece of advice, you might find that standard rims and the coloured tyre set (GS-07) actually handle better, for the rear tyres. The alu rims can be heavy and the tyres are not as good gripping as the pink Tomy tires.
      I will be very interested to see how this all turns out.
      :)uA

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Don’t use pullbacks they arent very grippy.

RacerX
      Participant

sweet sounding ride damn thing will fly.

merc-blue
      Participant

ill prob make 2 sets of wheels then ones for when i drive and ones for when i wanna show off

micromatch
      Participant

yea like micro said the pinksfrom the gs-07 are the shizzle on te back.. bu then you gotsahave hardribbed n fronttherwiseits a flip mania with mosfets

TallduDe
      Participant

ive tried the pullback mod for the rear wheels and ribbed normal wheels at the front it works fine with high speed motors.

just allow for a really big turning circle. 😀

i want to take my cars to a basketball court i hardly get to use them at really high speeds!

leonli17
      Participant

I think u might need a set of rear wheels about the size of a 10C coin. That will prevent wheel spin from the start.

VooDooMafia
      Participant
      Quote:

Are you for real? hehe

The pullbacks have very grippy tires aswell as they are wider then stock for more surface coverage

merc-blue
      Participant

lol 10c coin nah ill race it with the most grippy tyres i can get… (i go 2 the rubber store n get them to make them up)…. extreamly grippY

newbitowner
      Participant

“Hood Scoop + Intercooler – Phast Motors”

Where can I get Phast Motors products other than phastmotors.com. They’re under construction. I want to an intercooler and motors.

Edited by – newbitowner on 09 October 2003 10:54:07

merc-blue
      Participant

u can get some from rcmod.com

merc-blue
      Participant

k boys… heres were im at the dual cell n dual motor is in… just waiting for alloys (got posted 2day) and im waiting for body stuff…. (decals (need 2 be printed} scoop, painted (been primed) etc etc etc

i think im gonna have 2 make a dyno just to have a bcg dyno comp so i can win… the body has been changes casue the rx7 is extraly hard 2 lower so now im doing one of the skylines… i forgot which 1 and i got it lowed 2 the extream plus a skirt so i cant fit a bank card between the ground and the bottom of the body should be finished in a fortnight.. depending on how long my stuff from rcmod takes 2 get here (im getting a xmod.. there sweet) …. ive been running it around and the car acctuly did a back flip when i cut of the rear tab… … i think i may need a wheelie bar

icebreaka
      Participant

so whats the update on this bit char-g?

Any pics available so far?

merc-blue
      Participant

… no pics itsd all done cept painting which should be done this weekend.. decals my take some time… the alloys like sweet!!!

peedee
      Participant

hey merc sounds nice can u give me some links on how to do these mods

crazydave
      Participant
      Quote:
      Quote:

Are you for real? hehe

The pullbacks have very grippy tires aswell as they are wider then stock for more surface coverage

Thank you VDM. It always makes me question my sanity when someone says something that’s totally opposite of what I’ve experienced.

Pullbacks are the grippiest tire I’ve experienced, and the extra width also helps keeps the car from flipping.

I don’t care for all this business with these 200mah cells either. The stock tomy NiCds punch better, and get 20+ minute runtime when peaked charged.

I don’t get people’s hang up with the dual motors either. It will not add speed, it may double your power, but the mosfets will give you more power than you’ll ever need, and besides with the slight variences in these motor’s speed, your just gonna end up with one motor fighting another.

The difference FETs make in your steering is minimal, nothing to write home about, fer sure. You should look into some dual steering springs though. Those alloys are heavier, and your front wheels will not center up as well.

My ideal setup for extreme speed is a Zip Zap with internal dual Tomy cells, LXX booster board w/ stacked FETs, and a Bit Char-G motors pink endbell 3.8. 7.2:1 gearing. This gives me more speed than I ever need, and if you’re ever up here in my hood, I’d be more than happy to race you for pinks.:D

VooDooMafia
      Participant

HMMM Dave that car you described sounds interesting……

VooDooMafia
      Participant

HMMM Dave that car you described sounds interesting……

merc-blue
      Participant

yeh but you can get much more time and volatge out of a duall cell peak charged 200mAhs……. it all done except the painting

the dual motor mod currently has no tutorial i saw on some japanese site a pic of a dual motor and am improvising that…
      the dual cell u can get from either rcmods forums or rcmods “mod” section or basicaly any micro rc site
      the alloys are puchased from germany..i got some for sale if u want some…
      the mosfet were done by microamps
      the rest r basics like tab lowering and body customization
      ..wow thats a long post

…that better?

Edited by – merc-blue on 02 November 2003 12:32:38

ph2t
      Participant

merc, start writing in ENGLISH! for @#$% sake! It’s getting harder to understand your posts man!

You don’t wan’t me to “poll” your arse…. trust me……:angry:

ph2t.

merc-blue
      Participant

lol soz i not gret typist am i il fix it up

leonli17
      Participant

Merc: is it about time u post some pics already. It’s nearly been 1 month since your first post. I can’t wait to see it(or try it if u can get that meeting in Melbourne going).

merc-blue
      Participant

lol mate ill get some pics from my web cam just for u…
      the body still isnt painted but its quick im tryong to get super grippy tyres so it will go properly….not burn out when i dont roll start it…… (waiting on the pullback vs orage tyre debate to finish)

merc-blue
      Participant

k this is what uve been salavationg for

http://au.f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/duke_lion2002

purdy= nice shot of car fully build

internals= shows the dual cell n dual motor (the motors look scrapy but ive turned the wirse around n it looks nice now…… there r wires that werte put on lter that go from the terminals on the body for the motor.. (were the wires come from…) that go to the second motor and the wires that contine into the pcb!!! hard to explain how i did it …

tight fit= shows the motor hard against the shell at reae

nice hubs= gotta love these alloys from bitpimps
      tell m if u guys have ne probs.. im working on the arial.. n decals.. n paint right now

micro_Amps
      Participant

That looks to be coming along nicely.
      I hope those cells are 200s, your going to need them running 2 motors.

Super Max Power
      Participant

That is a nice piece of MacGyver work. All that from a paper clip, three cotton buds and a cupcake!!! Genius.

leonli17
      Participant

Seems that 1 month of waiting is worth it after all.
      It’s sad that the law of physics stricted the cars ability to run 90 degrees slope:dead: probebly not even 80 degrees slope because the balance of the car. But i think ur car will be able to run 65-70 degrees. Just my Internal Dual Cell with pink tires is able to run 60 degrees.

micro_Amps
      Participant

90 degrees, lol, correct me if I’m wrong, but isnt that vertical. 60 is impressive, but 90??
      I dunno about that one.:dead:

ph2t
      Participant

dude, you’d be loosing traction at that angle way before loosing any power…..

ph2t.

merc-blue
      Participant

lol mahn so ur impresssed then im happy.. ive spent bout 1/2 a month working on it … it was really hard to fit it in.. u have absolutely no idea how hard it was….. i had t gouge out 2 hole into the shell were the wires holding top motor in whent over the top motor

yeh n micro amps they are currently on 120s casue im waiting for my 200
      after readint this i tryed the proble was to top heavy and to much touque and it fliped (ill change the gearsets so not as much tourqe then well see

Edited by – merc-blue on 04 November 2003 09:56:13

betty.k
      Participant

you know those sticky things you throw at the wall, and they slowly crawl down? if you made tires out of that stuff, you should be able to drive up walls!!:8ball:

titaniumonkey
      Participant

haha, taht’s a good one. BTW, THta’s a very nice car. I thought you would have needed a Bb cover to fit all stuff in there but I guess I’m wrong again.

Edited by – titaniumonkey on 04 November 2003 15:51:33

merc-blue
      Participant

nah it firs in the supra with a bit of work… im gonna try my R32 later this week

leonli17
      Participant

This car is a definately a dragster. If u want it for racing. U have to lower the whole car so much. Maybe about 1 mm from the ground.
      My plans for the future lowering of my fast cars is to cut the steering assembly and the rear end off and re-attach the middle assembly lower to the ground so that the centre gravity will lower dramatically because the batteries are the main weight on the car.

merc-blue
      Participant

yeh i cant lower it any more casue the second motor and the pcb (it upside down so it the pot and capacitor that touch the roof) r touching the roof

ph2t
      Participant

yeah, that’s the bugger with internal daul cells,

ph2t.

TallduDe
      Participant

do the front wheels pop up cause of all the power it has or does it just do a massive (to scale) burnout?

if its a drag car it must have a wheelly stand at the back.

merc-blue
      Participant

i roll start it and its fine.. for all u that dont know what a roll start is basicay u roll it down a bit of cardboard then when it at the bottom u start driving

leonli17
      Participant

What i mean is to lower the actual the middle bit of the chassis not the shell.
      When i figure out the best way to do it, i’ll post it.

TallduDe
      Participant

you could make a whole new chasis. make everything ‘lower’. but that sounds like to much work for me 😀

titaniumonkey
      Participant

well, in order to lower it, add a skirt or a better known name is a bodykit. I just finished bodykitting my first car and I have to tell you it won’t roll at all now. I will post up a tutorial on how to make a bodykit out of some margarne container later on.

leonli17
      Participant

My lowering is not to add any extra weight onto the car. And i don’t mean lower the shell to make it look good. I mean to lower the chassis.

titaniumonkey
      Participant

oh, then in that case, I think the rear part will have to be dremeled to fit the motor through.

crazydave
      Participant

Well you actually pulled it off, good job.:)

Ok, so yeah, I was a sceptic, but you have to understand I’ve seen a bunch of kids over at TRC with big plans of dual motors and stuff, and you never see the outcome.

Cool that you actually went through with your plans. Gives me a great deal more respect for you.

I’d still be willing to race ya though.:D

Impreza
      Participant

merc, I was thinking of the dual motor issue as well. Got over half way thru the mod then cracked the chassis at the back. Was going to enter it in the ausmicro contest but did not have the time to finish. Since you have pics out I may as well show what I have (not finished) as well. I uped them into my members gallery. Let me know how it runs as you are further along then me… Good Work.

I will have to find the time to finish this one, may have to chop a second chassis thou:( Oh well another clone bites the dust I guess:)

Impreza
      Participant

I have gone a bit further on this one as far as the wiring goes. The idea was to keep the mod so that the motors could still be replaced after the mod was done if wanted. Again I give merc-blue full credit on this one.

An idea is just an idea until someone puts it into action.:smiley16:

btw I started this with 10 days left in the ausmicro comp, fyi, and by 2 days left I cracked the back of the chassis:(

Edited by – Impreza on 07 November 2003 09:38:02

merc-blue
      Participant

crazy dave the sad thing i u cant race the bitch im currently working on a new steering mech. that will hold the wheels steight when i want them straight and turn thenwhen i want them turned.. i had some burnout issues when i try to trun….

impreza i just saw the pics of urs .. its very nice mines just wired down… were as urs had a clip….. i had a brilliant idea after seeing it.. remake the rear pert and use fuse clips to hold the motors im gonna try this with my top motor iw would get rid of them wires and also make it easy to change motors just run ur wires into the fuse clip and then make a rear plate like u did….

any on got ne ideas for a good paint job.. its still only primed (stil looks nice though)

Edited by – merc-blue on 07 November 2003 09:41:54

Impreza
      Participant

merc-blue, glad posting my pics helped. I was wondering one thing as I was half way thru this mod. Does the dual motor give you more acceleration or more pulling power? I was thinking accel. but I may be leaning to the pulling power side now. Hope you can clear this up with your mod being done?? Btw what body are you putting on?

Edited by – Impreza on 07 November 2003 09:57:09

merc-blue
      Participant

i got a supra on mine… still un painted.. in the pic its just primed….. i found o got better accel. toruqw and better top speed.. but then again it may be becasue of everything else eq mosfets dual cell

Impreza
      Participant

That is true. Have you tried it on any inclines?

merc-blue
      Participant

yeh i got it up bout 60 degrees but then it flips …

merc-blue
      Participant

k new developments……. i built a second… with some new ideas and it works sweet… but im thinking of building a third…. but a really nice 1.. and holding a comp 4 it???? hows this sound….?????.. it probaly wont be as worked at the original casue the mosfetting cost me a bit…… the one that will the prize will be just normal mosfet dual 200mAh (internal) dual 2.2 motors….. and a custom shell…. guitar string antenar,…. whos in.. ill post so details later???

DarkTari
      Participant
      Quote:
      I think it will need a larger wing. lol, to keep it on the ground.
      One piece of advice, you might find that standard rims and the coloured tyre set (GS-07) actually handle better, for the rear tyres. The alu rims can be heavy and the tyres are not as good gripping as the pink Tomy tires.
      I will be very interested to see how this all turns out.

The weight of Alloy wheels are not going to make that big a difference with all that power. Some alloy tyres are made of silicon rubber and are VERY grippy, and the fact that they are much wider (according to the mm of the wheels) he will get much better control. Though with all that power, he’ll only be able to go straight anyways !!!

Edited by – DarkTari on 15 November 2003 01:17:11

zensx
      Participant

Sounds cool, just watch out fo the five 0

On the Dual motor, stretched chassis BB I built, I found a mad increase in torque, and after some gear combo experimentation, a slight increase in speed. But even with the two motors and triple cells, It barely keeps up with my dual cell Z. Probably because of the big dfference in weight.

Edited by – zensx on 15 November 2003 16:13:08

Edited by – zensx on 15 November 2003 16:14:01

merc-blue
      Participant

yeh triple cell is 2 heavy

ph2t
      Participant

man, this is the thread that never ends…..:smiley2:

icebreaka
      Participant

this is a message that keeps it going 😀

Impreza
      Participant

sorry ph2t;) Back from a week at the folks. Will post picks of some stuff that me and my brothers did asap. merc, have you posted pics of further improvements you have made? I pulled out the glue while I was away and re-glued the chassis to my dual motor beast, but may sac a second as well for this mod:(

A covered bb (suv style) may be a great way to hide the dual/tri cell mods… just a thought.

merc-blue
      Participant

nah impreza no pics on my recent work on it… i have been busy building a tank similar to betty ks but much faster mines 12v running much faster motor.. it out reces my mini z.. but doesnt handle as well asw the mini z

betty.k
      Participant

sounds cool! do you have propo control? my tank is twitchy at low speeds, so i thought high speed would be hard to control especially with a non propo tx/rx. make sure you don’t make the same mistakes i did. read all the tank threads carefully and make some new mistakes! let us know how you get on:8ball:

ph2t
      Participant

there’s no stopping you merc is there….you work in the public service or sumthin’ ?

ph2t.

merc-blue
      Participant

lol asif im just a student… yr 12… i just am very good :D… yeh betty ive gone through ur threads and nah im not going propo becase im satying under 40- bux on it… and yeh mine flys i can get air.. and i got no problem going slow cause i dont like 2 .. i just go through or over what ever is slowing me down.. eg my mini z my mate was driving.. i wreaked a h plate …. didnt thnk the tank was that heavy

Viewing 63 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.