shining up my bit

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

hey guys! i know what you’re going to say after this sentence, another painting question again right? but i did prior research before i decided to ask all of you. so heres my question, i just finnished spray painting my bit, first with primer then my desired colour with touch up car paint. i read in the previous topics that you need to spray the bit with clear coat to get it nice and shiny! is this true, i just wanted to clear this up.

thanks again guys! any help is appreciated.:D

Impreza
      Participant

Yep. It can help protect your paint job as well. Although you can get a nice shine out of just using a gloss paint without the clear coat. Click on the link in my signature below. The redsuns car (yellow) doesn’t have a clear finish on it, yet.

Admin
      Participant

thanks impreza! i’ll go paint shopping tommorow, oh if you or anyone else could help me i’d like to know if any ones used the crome spry paint before or something similar? its from K-mart and cost about $12, just wandering if its any good. it says you dont need to clear coat it cause it comes out aluminium shinny.

Edited by – froggy on 19 August 2003 20:40:55

Impreza
      Participant

Sry froggy, haven’t used that myself. If memory serves me correctly I think Panda should be able to help you on this one. Not sure if he has used crome, but he seems to know lots about paints.

spanky knows a thing or two as well, but haven’t seen him in the forums for a bit? If they don’t respond to a post here try to pm them.

Good luck, and take pics when you are done:)

VR-4
      Participant

i use the eng. enamle clear coat.

KingRX7
      Participant

i just drew on my car with a sharpie hows that for expert paint job

barto_85
      Participant

got any pics of your cars king?

KingRX7
      Participant

yah its in my gallery i think somewheres cool my avatar is working

RacerX
      Participant

WHould buffing a bit help? I’ve got a dremal at home and it’s got a little buffer part. I suppose I better clear coat my car too.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.