Should Spiders get Smaller?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

OK I have a question. Since launching the v3.0 6 or was it seven months ago we’ve moved a hell of a lot of them, and as I’m about to order a new production run of the PCBs I now have the chance to either do a simple production refinement OR I can take about another 2mm from each side, that would make it well and truely smaller than a Aussie 5c piece.

Pricing would remain the same and performance would not decrease.

The new batch will be RoHS compliant with all lead free components and solder. So you can chew on the Spider and not damage a developing brain.

Either way the update will become v3.1 until the release of v4 in the first quarter of 2008.

Writing this while sitting in an airport lounge, so apologies for the poor typing and erratic thought….

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

jollyboss
      Participant

I’ll suggest you something more…try to do an integrated rx/esc that fit iwaver/kyosho chassis,with your super fets,that can handle 2S lithium and big motors,and most of all has the standard pin for standard servo.
      Then if you can build something similar,maybe on 40 Mhz,it should be great!!!
      IMO there’s less and less sense in upping to hobby-grade esc and continue to use standar 27 AM rx and that 4 wires servo…

henal
      Participant

im with jolly boss try to do some thing crazy like and rx/esc

but then again there are loads out there. so compeating with them would be hard.
      so i think it might be a better choise to stick with a turbo and just making it better and better or even better use a drive circuit like nelly
      as we all know that miniz xmods suffer from poor gate voltage so i think what might be a better choise is try to make a drive circuit

Spider 4 woud be better with a drive circuit and if you can fit in a voltage ragulator since ph2 has stoped making them and we all need some good turbos for the max proforumers

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

wow…
      Save the shrink for v4.0

Keymaster

Thanks guys… I don’t think I’ll be designing a complete Rx replacement board any time soon however it’s not impossible… 40Mhz is an interesting idea. The real “problem” is legality, 27MHz and 40MHz are legal for ground based in most/all countries, but in each country the unit is sold/hipped to I’d have to have the appropriate regulatory approval. The “c-tick” approval I have now only covers the gear we import and that was/is enough of a pain in the bum to get and administer.

If ph2t has stopped with MOSFET driver based turbos I will consider building one. I’m not bothered up until now because I’ve felt that ph2t and WoahNelly deserve the respect (and all the sales) that his hard development work brings/brought.

v4.0 could potentially add the MOSFET drivers to the board. v3.1 brings in at the very least on-board motor noise filter cap/s as a small refinement of the design, they just seem to make things more stable Rx wise on some models.

When I’m back in the ofice next week I’ll start the final design drawings and we’ll see where they take us…

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

klims
      Participant

i would like to see some double sided spiders with mosfet drivers. thats the only thing i don’t like on the nelly’s. no offence ph2t, but they just seem to big.

Keymaster

I will draw up “Longchamp” which will be the basis for a new model of Turbo. “Longchamp” will be bigger than a v3.x but initially will be a 8 MOSFET board effectively a “stacked” Spider ideal for Xmods EVO.

The longer (by maybe 6-8mm) board design over the v3.x will give me enough space to consider implementation of the MOSFETs drivers on the underside. The topside of the “Longchamp” family will always be an 8 MOSFET layout so when/if MOSFET drivers make it into the design it will be a higher performance unit than the Nelly v1.3

“Longchamp” development tree should go something like this:

• v1.0 Longchamp PCB with 8xMOSFETs for 2xSpider Performance
      • v2.0 Longchamp Evolvolution with MOSFET Drivers
      • v3.0 Longchamp Ultimate with MOSFET Drivers + Rx Power

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

Spider v3.1 design increment will be completed in the next few days/week. Design work on Spider v4.0 has started and will evolve the Spider Platform into it’s smallest and lightest configuration.

It is very likely that v4.0 will be the final evolution of the Spider platform until new MOSFETs come available that will significantly improve performance.

Spider v4.0 will be up to 4mm narrower and 3mm shorter than the v3.0 layout. This will be pushing our PCB fabricator to their limits for being able to reliably cut the boards down to size so until we have production samples I will not quote exact measurements.

I feel that once we get down to the v4.0 size heat build up within the turbo will start being our primary problem as well as difficulties in manufacture that will increase pricing.

I have got some very very primitive ideas for a v5.0 that will be about the size of a bean but that’s at least 12 months away.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Admin
      Participant

😉 Hi frnds,
      i like to read history books or magazines in my free time. wud like 2 know abt ur way of passing the free time.

Admin
      Participant

My girlfriend absolutely loves it when I eat her pussy — she tells me I’m the only man who’s ever been able to give her orgasms from eating her pussy. On a number of occassions, it’s been so good for her that she sometimes says, “oooohh! oooohhh!! What’re you doing?” If I don’t answer, she’ll keep asking me “what’re you doing? what’re you doing?” When I finally tell her, she’ll say something like “ohh, keep doing it! That’s so good!”

The first few times she asked me that, I was rolling my tongue around in a circular motion, and I guess no one had ever done that for her before, so when she told me she loved it, I kept doing it. Other times I’ve just been moving my tongue up and down, just licking, or pushing it in and out, like a dick moves during intercourse.

I’m sometimes reluctant to tell, her but only because I don’t want to lose my place!! LOL! She’s very tight, and has a very small clitoris, so it’s sometimes hard to tell when I’ve found it (that may be why other guys couldn’t make her cum from cunnilingus), so when I’ve found the spot she likes, I don’t wanna start talking for fear that I won’t be able to get my tongue back to the same spot.

Has anyone else ever had their GF ask them this question during oral? I’ve had women tell me how good my pussing eating is while I’m doing it, but never had a woman ask me what I’m doing. So I’m wondering how unsual that is, or it’s common for women to ask when they’re being eaten out.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Should Spiders get Smaller?’ is closed to new replies.