“Show Us Yer Bits” RESULTS

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Show Us Yer Bits: Competition Results

Tonight ausmicro.com is pleased to annouce the results of the worlds most amazing Bit Char-G Modification Competition!

Thanks firstly go out to all members of the ausmicro.com Community. The Judging took so long as we laid down some very very tight guidelines and we had a lot of excellent entries.

I’d like to thank all Entrants for their submissions, the different styles and different ideas are amazing and each and every entrant should be proud of their efforts.

Tonight we are Awarding the prizes for the top three as decided by the Judging Panel.

3rd Prize
      Taking home the “Racer Pack” of ausmicro.com Decals/Stickers, Tomy Track guides and Tomy Gear Set. And a extra little something from PanicToys.com

aus1.jpg

Congratulations to “crazydave” with his “California V-Dub”.

2nd Prize
      Scoring for themselves the amazing custom WHITE LED light set built by ph2t and a Genuine Tomy Pull-Back racer! The Pullback Supplied by PanicToys.com along with a few other ‘extras!

gnew_1.jpg

Congratulations to “ph2t” with his “Gloria (Completed)”.

The Winner of the 2003 “Show Us Yer Bits” Competition
      Our winner will be driving around in the hottest competition prize this Australian summer! The ultimate Bit Char-G, 1st Prize is generously donated and built by micro_Amps and ph2t

pic_14.jpg

Congratulations to “Trash” with his “Road Train”.

The Judges all agreed this entry was an outstanding bit of creative thinking. Road Trains are the backbone of transport thoughout the heart of Australia and a very appropriate winner of the 1st Australia competition! But it wasn’t just the concept, the execution including the drivetrain and lighting complete a unique and one-off package!

Once again thanks to all entrants and thanks to our Judges who gave many many hours to the process. Just through adding up their scores and reading their notes took hours as well!

--
      Site Owner Guy.

barto_85
      Participant

so ph2t won his own light kit??? awesome, congrats to all, all deserving winners.

brendan
      Participant

good on ya fellas there were some awsome entries, congrats to all, everyone that enterd done a superb job.

Edited by – brendan123 on 03 December 2003 22:10:49

Keymaster

Yeah – as you can tell the post was written in advance of me getting the finalised list of winners.

I’m sure we’ll work asomething out so ph2t gets a real prize.

The interesting thing to me was that many many of the amazing cars entered were modded only in the visual sense, or the judges didn’t get much info about the chassis underneath and hence thanks to our scoring system they scored well in a lot of areas but then ‘stood still’ for about 25/100 points.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

ph2t
      Participant

thanks fellas! I thought the pimps were gonna knock the whole shebang over! Good to see a local fella represent! Congratulations trash! A most excellent entry man! Nnow we need to see the winning entry do a lap of honour!

Also congrates to one of the most influential modders over at bitpimps, crazydave!

Shamon bothers!

ph2t.

betty.k
      Participant

well done all!:smiley2:
      some amazing entries made judging this a job i’m glad i didn’t have to do. congrats trash, good to see a bit of bewdy bonzer aussie grunt take the crown! it’ll look good towing your wooden spoon in the favourite techo comp!:D:8ball:

micro_Amps
      Participant

To Trash, Ph2t, and Crazydave congrats and well done. These are some high class models. I am in awe of many of the entries to this comp, you guys have some serious modelling skills.
      :)uA

leonli17
      Participant

If trash do a lap of honour, he better not hit the fence. According to him, the road train cannot reverse.

COngrates to Trash, Ph2t, and Crazydave. And wish there will be a Tech Mod Competition. The most outragous fast Bits will enter in there.(I guess) :p

crazydave
      Participant

Wow, I can’t believe I placed. There was so many hot cars in there, I really didn’t know how this would turn out.

I’m honored that I was even able to place.

Congrats to the other winners, Trash, Ph2t. Great work from you guys as well.

…and thanks to ausmicro, Aaron, Ph2t, micro_amps, panic toys, and whoever else help put this together. (Dave f. with his backgrounds)

bithed
      Participant

…on ya boys 🙂

…Trash obviously has WAY too much freetime…lol..

…It was a pleasure to help out on this one…ALL the entries were inspiring and exciting…It was great to see the response both on the PIC thread and the COMMENT thread…Ausmicro is alive and well baby !!

Keymaster

As per the PM sent to winners, please contact me with your postal details!

Now the Important News….

We Have One more Prize!!

😉

Info to come!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

VooDooMafia
      Participant

Congrats to all 🙂

Only thing with listing internal (electric mods and whatnot) is that you can list till your hearts content buthow do you know thats what the car really has.

I am guessing thats why the lack of mention for internal mods (just guessing thought).

Well I am glad I dont jugde these things anyway cause there are always alot of cars to look at.

Hey now you can add a section to the website with all the entries in a gallery.

ph2t
      Participant

That’s a great idead, more pics!

trash
      Participant

Thanks guys,
      Thanks to uA, ph2t an panic toys for supplying the prizes and Aaron and Ausmicro for hosting it.
      It has been a LOT of fun.
      I’ve enjoyed some of the other entries, they look very cool indeed and a few with a good sense of humour.
      Where do you guys get those little plastic men from ??? I tried to get a plastic Kangaroo, it’s amazing what you can’t find when you look for it.

I searched around to find some parts and others I tried making. The failures were often spectacular.
      5 minute Epoxy is is your friend !

I’ll make a video of the beast in action doing a lap of honour and find a server for it somewhere.

Yes I have a bit of freetime, but never enough.
      I need a 30 hour day.

Thanks Everyone !

Keymaster

We always have room to host videos Trash 😉

There will be a Gallery of the Entries, preserved for time immortal on the site.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

crazydave
      Participant

Well, it’s only 3rd place, and it’s not a road train, but I happen to have a clip of my car, if anybody wants to see 3rd place in action.

http://s2k-kidz.com/crazycars/14.MOV

NSR34
      Participant

Congrats to crazydave, trash and ph2t, have fun with the prizes, i know i would 😀

ms char-ged
      Participant

wow, i’m very suprised with the results, thought darktari should have won something, at least for effort, anyway guys, congratulations :smiley2:

VooDooMafia
      Participant
      Quote:
      Well, it’s only 3rd place, and it’s not a road train, but I happen to have a clip of my car, if anybody wants to see 3rd place in action.

3RD is #rd dude better then what I got 🙂 hehe.

Naw but really you wait till the next Biz trip to PHX then you in trouble, I gonna use your own weapon against you (the duel cell, fetted ZZ you sent) hehe.

Damn I gotta go back to work in les then a moth so expect some phone calls 🙂

crazydave
      Participant
      Quote:
      Quote:

3RD is #rd dude better then what I got 🙂 hehe.

Naw but really you wait till the next Biz trip to PHX then you in trouble, I gonna use your own weapon against you (the duel cell, fetted ZZ you sent) hehe.

Damn I gotta go back to work in les then a moth so expect some phone calls 🙂

Don’t get me wrong, I’m honored to have taken third.:smiley16:

I was just kinda down playing myself so I wouldn’t seem big headed posting a vid of my car when everyone actually asked to see a vid of first place. :smiley2:

I already had the video ready to go, so I posted it.

…and I’ll be over here waiting for ya, I’ve a got a couple dual cell FET modded ZZs myself, you know. :smiley2:
      Be nice to beat some worthy competition for once. :p

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The topic ‘“Show Us Yer Bits” RESULTS’ is closed to new replies.