sideswipe contach z…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      z-beam
      Participant

i found this over at mini z racer.com by a longbill76…

“Hi All, I ve just finished my Transformer Sideswipe body..the body is a 1/24 DIECAST Lamborghini, Yes it is Fully Diecast, made by Burago. You re probably thinking it s slow as hell, but it s actually too fast! Check out the motor I modified to fit in the mount! It s a HPI Micro Elite Coreless Motor! The motor mount is from Megatech, but you won t be able to recognize it, cause I dremeled the crap out of it..I used a regular miniz front body mount(cut it off any body you don t need) or you can make one from scratch, the side mounts are made from rubber tires out of a Tamiya model kit, I cut a slot in the center so the ball joint mounted on my Z would slide in with a snug fitting, fits perfectly, will not come off…I would ve used a plastic body but the motor is just way too powerful, you will spin out on foams just by lightly touching the throttle! Using the diecast body distributed the weight balance, now it handles realy smoothly…I would like to get feedback from you guys..thanks for reading”

z-beam
      Participant

577B3C8A577B3B91.jpg

i think this mod would be great to try out for two reasons, firstly the larger motor would be nice and off set the increased weight of the die-cast body and secondly the weight distrobution would be better and it would handle very differently to most other z’s.

ph2t
      Participant

that’s sooooo cool…… freaky looking suspension plates, lol….

ph2t.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.