Site Changes Coming Soon!

Home Forums General Chat Site Changes Coming Soon!

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Hi Everyone,
      The long awaited and much discussed changes to the site will be turned on during the next two weeks.

These changes are part of ausmicro.com becoming a formal entity in its own right and now having to fend for itself!

This means you can choose to contribute to the operatiosn of ausmicro.com by becoming a Support/Subscriber/Donor or even sponsor. You can ofcourse leave your status just as it is and the site will still function just like it always has for you!

Keep watching this space for more info!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

kitsune
      Participant

Does this mean that we might lose those server timeouts? I’ve been looking for info on how to contribute to the site, and havn’t easily found anything, (I’m doing a search at the mo, but it’s so slow 😉 convinince is a big factor for me, if this was just another rc forum I could be convinced to chip in if it was easy to do, (eg a paypal button on the members page, or at the top/bottom of each page etc) but I wouldn’t go looking, the option would have to be pretty much presented to me on a silver tray.
      AusMicro however I feel is better than the typical rc forum, and I’ve met some great people and learned some really useful stuff through it, so I decided I’d like to chip in, unfortunatelu after a bit of looking I still havent found anything apart from possibly getting an alloy motor mount 🙂 btw the search is still going. If you could tell me where to look, or what to do I’d apreciate it, and for those who need the donate/subscribe/ect button put right under the mouse (and possibly the mouse clicked for them) could you make an easy way to contibute to the site and make it obvious? If there is a obvious way and I havn’t noticed, call me Captain Oblivious … and please point me to it (I’ll click the mouse myself if you like 😉

still searching 😉

Keymaster

Kitsune! It will become very obvious! At the moment PayPal buttons are popping up – but unless you’re only intended to use PayPal ignore them!

The rest is coming!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

merc-blue
      Participant

hey aaron how long b4 the Support/Subscriber/Donor system is up? . casue i cant wait to put in some $$ to the site

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Yeah same here

Keymaster

Check your PMs people 😉

I’ve been typing and coding like demon for most of the day 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

TallduDe
      Participant

done dude :smiley2:

kitsune
      Participant

Great 🙂

Now 1 thing that is still unclear to me,

The costs, are they once off, yearly, monthly?
      (subscriber seems to indicate its a regular cost, donor seems to imply a once off thing)

if they are once off, if you pay more then once do the ammounts add to each other for working out what you are supporter/subscriber/donor or does it just go off the highest ammount?

thanks, and thanks for the quick responses 🙂

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

i believe it’s annually, but don’t quote me. ‘Sponsor’ looks interesting….

Keymaster

Yearly – Will make that obvious (as it’s not really mentioned)

Everything you pay in a year is cumulative – so you can ‘advance’ up the levels as you want.

When we approach next year people can assess their ideas of support again!

Basically I want to be able to pay for decent web hosting which ain’t cheap – and we need to get a consistent income each year becuase I can’t afford the $2500 odd it costs 🙁 The current $1000 odd is bad enough!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

kitsune
      Participant

Cool, thanks again, … time for me to get a funky title 😉

micro_Amps
      Participant

Aaron, this is good to see, it will be interesting to see what you have come up with.
      Count me in too.
      If you build it, they will come.
      :)uA

z-beam
      Participant

good to see some positive responses… i’m going to meet up with Aaron tomorrow to have a beer with our benefactor and pitch a bit in myself for (one month off) 2 years worth of being a part of this community.

kevsta
      Participant

Okay… Where do I find these secret paypal buttons ?

🙂

kitsune
      Participant

Woot I got me a funky title,

Kevsta, occasionally the add banner in the top right of the screen mentions subscribing, try klicking on that 🙂

Keymaster

Yeah if you’re in AU make sure you read the page and not click the PayPal buttons automatically!

I haven’t fully ‘launched’ the system though some text needs cleaning up and clarificatiosn made.

But yes thanks everyoen the initial support has been overwhelming and much much appreciated.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      Yeah if you’re in AU make sure you read the page and not click the PayPal buttons automatically!

I haven’t fully ‘launched’ the system though some text needs cleaning up and clarificatiosn made.

But yes thanks everyoen the initial support has been overwhelming and much much appreciated.

A.

Aaron,

My Subscription money has been sent to you from melanie???@compuserve.com

Cheers,
      Kevsta.

🙂

Keymaster

Gottit Kevsta 😉

--
      Site Owner Guy.

peteWah
      Participant

Support/Subscriber/Donor, Aaron can you please explain in detail the cost for the 3 different levels of support, Or are they roughly all the same…
      Details please…

betty.k
      Participant

pete, all the pricing details and features are listed in the subscription page:8ball:

peteWah
      Participant

Im not in a position to support yet, and i did not want to go through the paypal bullshit beforehand so an answer i would like please:smiley2:

betty.k
      Participant
      Keymaster

Pete, (and others)

PayPal is best only used with you’re in the US (or generally outside of Australia) as it costs an a stack to land cash back here. It’s partly becuase I have the higher level PayPal account which lets us do huge transactions in all directions but has some decent fees.

So on that page (which is still in ‘draft’) other methods are highlighted. This page will change once a few more things fall into place but for the moment everything is covered!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

peteWah
      Participant

Thanks Aaron, i was not going to use paypal You had already stated in previous posts not too, As it is, “i can get your bank details now of that link that betty posted (Thanks betty) or i can get them of dave…
      I recall that page that betty linked up but could not remember where to find it…
      If i click on that support link it takes me straight to a paypal page, how do i bypass that shit or do i, Or am i just going to send you some money (when able) and let you set it up for me…

Keymaster

The support link will change soon! The banner goes to the correct page 🙂

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

peteWah
      Participant

So we go to the correct page
      Cheers P.

kitsune
      Participant

Waaaa…..

My beautiful avatar’s all deformed 🙁
      100×100 is great but not when its forced onto 64×64 line art.

I’ll upload a ‘fixed’ avatar so I’l be back to my usual dashing self soon:p, but why didn’t people warn me that I’d become ugly???

Aaron down the track can we get the size of the avatar pic being upto 100×100 rather than smaller pics being streched – not urgent or anything, but it’s embarasing – and the rest of you – shame, next time warn a guy when something like that happens!

Edit: Ahhh beautiful again (tho looking pretty small now, oh well I’ll fine tune it later, I miss my 64×64 🙁

Edited by – kitsune on 02 September 2004 16:59:03

Edited by – kitsune on 02 September 2004 17:01:03

Keymaster

kitsune, that _may_ be a coding nightmare, but I’ll see what can be done 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

kitsune
      Participant

Thanks for catering to the more vain amongst us 🙂

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.