Sky A40 becomes A10 Thunderbolt

Home Forums Floating & Flying – Discussion Sky A40 becomes A10 Thunderbolt

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      Cavo
      Participant

Well it took me a while to finish (too busy building boats,biplanes and a Cylon fighter)but my A10 flies.Weight 68grams,a little heavier than the A40 but thats because I used a heaver foam(leftovers)so the next one should be the same weight.Very responsive because of the longer nose,turns are very quick so you need to catch it quickly or you go into a Tank buster dive.If I only had guns…

TallduDe
      Participant

that looks cool man well done.

you got a production line going of planes??? hahaha

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

That is awesome man. I have always wanted to load up on little 2ch planes and build all my favourites… P-38 Lightning would have been been first, but A-10 would have been second…

Cavo
      Participant

Funny you should say that u want a lightning.Just finished one.Looks cool,balances perfect,test flight as soon as the wind goes away.Would anyone like one if the test flight is successfull ?? $25 posted,1 fuse,spare tails and booms….painted..unpainted ???

Cavo
      Participant

What other 2 engine fighters can I make.Any ideas or favorites ????

TallduDe
      Participant

i reckon dont paint it.

the mossie you got to do a mosquito. one of the best fighters/bombers/recon planes ever.

Cavo
      Participant

Ok I’ve started a Mossie,got the 3d drawing to get the fuse right.All these planes are made to use a standard a40 wing without removing the engine cowls(so you can still fly the A40).To make the proper ones(cowls) I would need some more wings so I can make a full plane to scale..I wonder if Trash is still around on ausmicro as He got me started on these little planes..I think mine has survived for over 4 years and still going strong…

Cavo
      Participant

Here the 3d view

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

That Lightning looks spectacular

Cavo
      Participant

Here she is so far.Not sure if I can make a scale wing that will fly as well as an A-40 wing.I havent got any spare A40 wings or I would trim one to look scale but so far so good,she’s under weight.The other pic is the next fighter to biuld..

TallduDe
      Participant

man

your good. you should start a production line and try to sell them to get you extra funds.

Cavo
      Participant

So far so good with the scale wing.I have a spare 3 channel remote and a kind of servo so it looks like I can have a operating elevator and use the engines for turning.I can almost make anything from balsa or foam but the problem is finding someone who actually wants to buy or get something built for $.I don’t charge more than what I think the models are worth no matter how long it tales to build.I think I might have to build a 4 engine Lancaster bomber at some point…

Cavo
      Participant

Here she is so far. She weighs 41grams as she stands.Electronics are next to install.

Cavo
      Participant

Well I think I’ll make this one next..

Cavo
      Participant

Here she is ready for a test flight

TallduDe
      Participant

looks good man.

i wonder if it will fly like the A40.

Cavo
      Participant

Well I took her off from the grass runway and after 10 mtrs she left the ground like a gracefull bird.I banked her left leveled her out and clipped the top of a wire fence and broke a prop.All in all she flies even better than the A40 because she’s lighter by 15g I think.If I move the batt back a little I can get shorter takeoffs and a better CG,5mm back I reckon..

TallduDe
      Participant

wow

i could never get my A40 to take off from the ground. then again i use to fly it at 7am after doing a 8-10 shift with no sleep so my co-ordination wasnt great.

Cavo
      Participant

I think led’s are the next modification !

Cavo
      Participant

A few stickers,a bit of paint and there you have it.Take offs are so cool with this fella !! Now I just need to find a supplier of props that actually posts to Australia.So far my only hope is to buy micro props fromth US and they just don,t look right.I found the exact ones but they no post outside US, TYPICAL !!!

TallduDe
      Participant

niceeeeeeeee

im sure one of our american members could help you out man.

you never know your luck.

Cavo
      Participant

If anyone can get hold of these props or similar,I’ll fix you up with $ or build you a plane or boat !! 2.5 inch long,10mm wide,with a shaft hole of 1mm !!

trash
      Participant

Holy **** people !
      I been away for a while and you people have been busy.

Some awesome stuff their kiddies ! I moved house and I had a whole box full of A40 bits that one of my cats had got into and chewed. Smack that kitty !

Hundreds of propellers and motors and well, half chewed wings which I thought were now useless. I put them all in a big box and took them to my local ham radio boot sale.

I can hear the screams now !

Ah, but fear not fliers ! I do remember who I sold them to (I think) and I’m sure this fella will be more than happy to exchange parts for some help with modifying his A40 to something cool.

I will try an introduce him to this thread.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.