Smartech off road nitro buggy…..

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion Smartech off road nitro buggy…..

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      MiniKing
      Participant

I recently bought and just recived a Smartech nitro off road 1/10 buggy…..I got the pro version with the 0.15 motor and a two speed gaerbox as well as all hop ups already installed havent run it yet but i cant wait….I just want to know if anyone has had any experience with these cars…?? From wat i can tell its looks to be of quite good build quality and i can use parts from all the other manufacturers such as HPI and Traxxas i reckon it looks alrite and i got it landed here at a really good price almost half the price of my nitro road car!!!Any help would be great….:D:D:D

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Uh…well…. SmarTech doesn’t have the best reputation.

Build quality alone does not make a good car, if something looks clean and shiny…well, that means nothing.

Don’t spend too much money on it, just keep it in good order (replace worn parts) and dont go overboard with hopups.

If you want a tuned pipe for it (is it sidewinder engine?), go the Duratrax Maximum Tuned Pipe set available from tower hobbies for approx $20 US, its fantastic value, and give your engine a good 30-40% power increase, and of course the whoosh from about half throttle to full revs, much like a turbocharged vehicle.

Other than that give it a nice pair of boots, such as ProLine BowTies, they really make a fantastic difference over kit tyres.

MiniKing
      Participant

Smartech might not have the best reputation but if you look after them and tune them right they can be quite a potent machine…..one of the guys at the hobby shop were i get my stuff has one exactly like mine his is properly run in and tuned and they used a radar to check the speed and came up with 65km…..wow…..my road nitro was clocked at 101km then i ran out of space…i cant wait to run in my buggy now!!!!! i cant wait to see it get some air off jumps and stuff…

merc-blue
      Participant

yeah smartec eletrics are total no go but there nitros are better smartec eletrics are worse that a QD from tamiya.. if there nitro quality is like there eltrics u will be in for quite a expensive ride

MiniKing
      Participant

Yeah i know the electric cars are sh*t and i wouldnt bother with em but the nitro i thought i would try and there only for a bit of fun im not into racing off road….it was cheap so im not expecting it to out last my nitro road car..:D:DAlthough i was quite suprised when i saw the speed it was capable of….for something that cheap that speed is pretty good…:D

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

what is your 101km/h car running?

TallduDe
      Participant

u reckon they can speed check a z at full flight dude?

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

talldude if u have a big flat area (meadowbank, set up a speed trap….simple…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.