Snow on the ground

Home Forums General Chat Snow on the ground

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      bigmike17
      Participant

So here in Wichita, Kansas I have 8″ deep snow in my drive way left over from last Saturday (currently 8 degrees Far.). Makes for an interesting commute to work. So how is the weather down under?

:beer:

klims
      Participant

Melbourne 23 deg celcius. no snow…

betty.k
      Participant

what’s a snow?:D

actually, there was snow in some of the alpine areas on christmas day. this is a rare event indeed.

honestly, after living in melbourne my whole life i could crap on about our weather for hours! we say that “if you don’t like our weather, just wait 5 minutes”!

down here we’re having our worst bushfire season on record so there are days when the smoke blows down to the city completely enveloping it. we’ve had days where visibility was reduced to a few hundred feet!

it’s now summer and we’re into the hot months now, it’s not uncommon for it to go over 104f! followed by a day of rain and 50f temps. sometimes all in the same day!:D :8ball:

bigmike17
      Participant

Wow, thats right, its summer down there. Out here, in the summer, It can get above 105 F, with about 80% humidity. The tempeture I can live with, but what makes it hard is that humidity. Makes it hard to do anything out side during that time.
      Cant wait till spring though. When the weather is nice out here I head out to one of two skateboard parks with the xmods and mini zs. I like to run them in and out of the concrete bowls there.

:beer:

BM17

BludyYank
      Participant

@betty.k 225023 wrote:

“if you don’t like our weather, just wait 5 minutes”!

That’s a spot on description of California’s winter season. Been following the stories on those brushfires though, it’s been horrible. We get our share of forest fires to deal with here as well, so I can empathize.

bigmike17
      Participant

yea, I used to live in Lancaster Ca. and I remember the fires in the San Gabrial Mountains and along Malibu Canyon. It really messes up the Eco System in those areas.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.