So many skylines!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Just something I have noticed while investigating the concept of getting a Digi Q and it’s something i’ve noticed about most other RC car brands too – Why do they have so many skylines, especially r34s?! (not that I don’t like skylines.. don’t get me wrong.)

I guess it has to do with the fact that they are american made and they are limited in their japanese cars, but damn they’re missing out on some of the best japanese cars – Silvias (s13/15 at least!), 180sx (and the typeX version), r32 Skyline, Mx5, s2000, Celica, Soarer, s1/4/5 rx7, Prelude..? (maybe a commodore? haha.)

I guess they can’t make THAT many, but it’d be nice to see some more interesting ones 😉

Thoughts?

ms char-ged
      Participant

well the parent company Takara make pullback cars called Choro-Q’s, which resemble the bodies on Digi-Q’s, alot of the cars you mentioned are out in Choro-Q form, it is possible to mod the chasis’s so they can fit on the Digi-Q’s, there is an s13, s15, r32, mx5, s2k, soarer, rx-7 series 1,4,5 and a prelude the older version in Choro-Q form. So if your serious, you’ll learn how to mod the chasis.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Couldn’t agree more, i am dying fo some s13 bodies for both bits and z’s.

peteWah
      Participant

Takara also made a pullback called a Tonka turbo trickster of which i had a collection of about 12 when i was a young tacker, They have the same pullback motor as the bits
      And also resemble the bodies of Digi-Q’s
      :D:D:smiley2:
      Dose anyone remember them you could stick a coin in the back of them to make them do tricks:p

dgs73
      Participant

Penny Racers dude…:p

peteWah
      Participant

Tonka turbo trickster YES YES, Penny Racers of a different name… :D:D:smiley2:

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      well the parent company Takara make pullback cars called Choro-Q’s, which resemble the bodies on Digi-Q’s, alot of the cars you mentioned are out in Choro-Q form, it is possible to mod the chasis’s so they can fit on the Digi-Q’s, there is an s13, s15, r32, mx5, s2k, soarer, rx-7 series 1,4,5 and a prelude the older version in Choro-Q form. So if your serious, you’ll learn how to mod the chasis.

Interesting. How complicated is it to modify the Choro-Q’s to fit a digi-Q? Is there a tutorial for it online? (I’m sure I could find one if I looked ):smiley2: And where can you buy them online?

This opens up another whole list of possibilities. Thank you, ms char-ged. 🙂

HiCh
      Participant

dreeft

go here im selling some for 45

Choro-q for sale

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

TURBO TRICKSTERS OMG!!! They fuckin rule! I remember i had a celica with working popup headlights and a few others (cant remember what)…Stick a 2c piece in the back slot……

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.