So the 3.0 motor is basically useless?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

I have read on these boards that the 3.0 has no torque and that it needs a push start to even go. This would be useless for me because I am making a course with slopes and hills, andit sounds like putting a 3.0 motor in my car would only make it stall on these parts of my course.

Admin
      Participant

I just got a 3.0 official motor and had a 3.8 that never worked good so i took it apart and worked on the brushes, but it never fit together again well…

my impression of the 3.0 feels like a 2.2 on startup, but the topspeed is a bit faster.

the 3.8 seemed to have a lot higher startign speed even, but when any strain was put on it it would coume to a complete stop almost sometimes and also had issues with sticking at points on the rotor, needing to be moved sometimes if the car came to a stop in just the right position (happened pretty often). thus I wouldn’t recommend the 3.8, but the 3.0 is a nice motor so far. My 2.6 and 1.6 are still on order a the moment so I’m not sure how they compare.

-dan

Admin
      Participant

Did you get those on Ebay?

I just bought a 2.6 today from a hobby shop down the street. I like it a lot better than the 2.2. The car now goes faster and can finally climb my slopes.

Admin
      Participant

We also own 2.6 and a 3.0 Motor.

The 3.0 Motor doesn?t run ass smooth as the 2.6 does, PLUS it isn?t really faster !!!

I also own a Loctite SpecialEd-Bit, with the 2.6 and the blue gears(8,.:1).

It has more torque, runs very smooth, battery lives longer, and it?s (maybe) faster then my friends Impreza with 3.0motor and orange gears (9,..:1)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.