So what have you done to your Tin Car?

Home Forums Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods and other Mini-Scale Tin Car, Palm Runner and similar So what have you done to your Tin Car?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hey all, I’ll be getting myself one of those 1:32 Tin Beasties and heaps of bits (upgraded motor, suspen, lights, turbo, mags) In a few days.

As soon as I get it I’ll be posting some pics and writing up some tech stuff once I make it cause the tech section here really needs a post or 2 😉

So what mods have you done and how does your little beasty go?

Admin
      Participant

Carazy

I’m a total “tin car n00b”. Hehehhehe :smiley1:

If you have a look in the TECHNICAL section ofthe Tin Car forums, there’s a post about the 3-Relay mod I’m working on at the moment. If it’s a winner, I’m going to buy a second car and a second car and make a racing pair.

Shoot me some photos (and maybe a review?) when you get your car, so we can share with the rest of the folks here. Lots of people are yet to discover the magic of these BARGAIN-PRICED gadgets!

Cheers

Derek

Admin
      Participant

Just waiting for a reply so I can give out my credit card and get the beasty over here to SA (AUs)

I’ll do a full review for sure Derek, I’ve got my Kodak DX4900 ready to go and heaps of web space to burn!

Admin
      Participant

Hey,

I’ve had a Tin-car fo a while.. two actually… both started off as two relay mods, now one has 3 relay mod, and the other is a bit of a parts car 🙂

But, I need a new motor, mine is stuffed I think… doesn’t go fast any more 🙁

I also just bought myself a D-camera, so will be taking some snaps….

Admin
      Participant

Off topic I know, but how does that Kodak 4900 go? That’s the 6meg Easy pic one isn’t it? I’ve been considering getting one. After doing a fair bit of research I think it’s the best on the market – but I’ve never actually had a go.

Nick

Admin
      Participant

Sorry for taking so long to reply Nick,

the DX4900 is a 4.0mega pixel camera and can take shots with a printable size of 20×30″ (pretty damn big!!) It takes a damn nice picture and while it’s not as customisable as my old DC4800 (stolen) it’s still an excellent camera and you can get extra lenses for it

I should have my Ford Focus Tin car and turbo kit from Frenetic tommorrow!

Admin
      Participant

how much is a tin cost???

and how fast r they?

Admin
      Participant

I have seen races/carnage..whatever u call it, but if a tin car is chaep it might make a good racing car, tht doesn’t matter too much if it gets wrecked.

Admin
      Participant

Providing the car is modified…and by the way what are all the mods you can do to it….do these cars compare to a mini z?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.