So who hasn’t bought a Micro-T ?

Home Forums General Chat So who hasn’t bought a Micro-T ?

Viewing 48 reply threads
  • Author
      Kerosene
      Participant

I’ve had mine for a few months and haven’t had a single thing go wrong. Gotta say it’s turning out to be the most fun RC car I’ve got – it’s micro, it’s indoors, and so far it’s pretty tuff 🙂

So why isn’t everyone buying one?

Video:
      4hwl56w.jpg

merc-blue
      Participant

Kero,
      I have been planing to but havnt seen any at what i would call a “fair” price

klims
      Participant

you’ve got me interested…

what kind of drive motor do they run? anything like the mini z? is it easily upgradable?

they are on ebay for $129

kevsta
      Participant

I also came very close to buying one as well, but I’ve got an rc18t that is good for jumping out in the back yard and at parks.

If they’re very durable and don’t require lots of hopups to get it going well, I might just change my mind and get one.

merc-blue
      Participant

130+50 bux shipping if i could get one to my door RTR with good steering linkages for 150 bux i would be, might MIGHTY tempted

klims
      Participant
      merc-blue
      Participant

you wernt meant to do that!!,

klims
      Participant

lol. so does that mean you will be getting one?
      if they have them in blue i think i might be in too…

Kerosene
      Participant

Mine was about $140 AUD shipped from the USA.
      Well worth it :smiley14:

I haven’t broken the steering linkage things yet, and I’ve had some pretty bad stacks. I’ll just make my own when/if they break.

There’s even some third party body styles coming out now too…
      441pdn4.jpg
      Pity they all kinda suck.

ph2t
      Participant

Kero, you can upgrade the hell outta these little buggers mate. Check out my little beastie 🙂

http://www.ausmicro.com/forum/showthread.php?p=225310

There’s an excellent sub-forum for the Micro-T at rippers:

http://www.ripper7racing.com/r7rforums/forumdisplay.php?f=76

A bucket load of info, mods and hopups are available. Including a fair few nutters that have gone brushless with their Micro-t’s, lol….

klims
      Participant

I’ve just joined the club… YESSSSSSSS!!!!!

ph2t
      Participant

lol….. peer pressure at its best!

klims
      Participant

haha. well kinda but not really…

most of my time on the net is spent looking up new RC cars/planes/helis that i’ve never seen or head of. i prefer reading about what people have seen and used. helps me make educated purchases 🙂

PH2T, while i’m on the topic of education does this pcb need a 5v regulated supply to run lipos? have you done any investigation into the gate voltages?

betty.k
      Participant

losi have released a 7.4v lipo pack so the extra voltage is losi approved!:beer: :8ball:

ph2t
      Participant

@klims 225331 wrote:

PH2T, while i’m on the topic of education does this pcb need a 5v regulated supply to run lipos? have you done any investigation into the gate voltages?

pcb is good for a 2s lipo supply, no servo chatter either when increasing voltage. fet drive is the same as mini- pcb’s, Vgs doesn’t increase with Vcc, 🙁 .

More info here:
      http://www.ripper7racing.com/r7rforums/showthread.php?t=503

welcome to the dark side klims, lol….the micro-t is a world of modding unto itself….

klims
      Participant

damn it! i knew it was too good to be true… i guess its extra incentive for me to get my blue label turbo hooked up with mosfet drivers.

…is it just me or does ebay not really classify as retail therapy? if anything i feel worse! i’ve just blown $140 bucks and i have nothing to show for it!!!!

kevsta
      Participant

I bought one as well. Temptation got the better of me.

Kerosene
      Participant

pcb is good for a 2s lipo supply

I’ve just bought a couple of 2 cell lipos for my planes.
      ph2t – Any idea what the esc’s cutoff is? I don’t wanna trash my new batteries.

i’ve just blown $140 bucks and i have nothing to show for it!!!!

You’ve got it all wrong. 😀 By the time your eBay parcel arrives, the money is long forgotten and it should feel like you’re getting something for free.

TallduDe
      Participant

you never waste money on rc’s its called an investment!

ph2t
      Participant

@Kerosene 225378 wrote:

I’ve just bought a couple of 2 cell lipos for my planes.
      ph2t – Any idea what the esc’s cutoff is? I don’t wanna trash my new batteries.

there’s no cutoff on the esc mate and always unplug the batts. even when turned off it still drains the batts. found that out the hard way….. 🙁

klims
      Participant

just got my micro-t today. SWEET!!!!

i see what you guys are saying about never looking back. i could easily see this becoming my new pride and joy.

one problem though. out of the box the on/off switch doesn’t work properly. i have to force it to the on position to turn on and even then it sometimes turns off. anyone else had any problems with their micro-t out of the box?

ph2t
      Participant

out of the box the only prob I had was the steering links. they broke pretty quickly on one chassis, on the other they were fine.

enjoy the little beasty! lol…

TallduDe
      Participant

@ph2t 225488 wrote:

out of the box the only prob I had was the steering links. they broke pretty quickly on one chassis, on the other they were fine.

enjoy the little beasty! lol…

You have more then 1? LOL

im jealous man!

btw does anyone know of any other body styles coming out for these things?

ph2t
      Participant
      kevsta
      Participant

I finally got mine as well. I ended up getting the deal with the 2 free batteries.

Now I see what everyone has been saying about this little truck – it’s fantastic. I couldn’t believe how small it is, and to work on it I need tweezers because everything is so damn small. I’m surprised how well it does wheelies stock.

Out of the box, my slipper clutch was way too loose and not turning the wheels at all. Apart from that, everything is great. I’ve just installed bearings into mine…:D

peteWah
      Participant

M8, give Dave a call and we can meet up and see the little beast.

I now have a interest.

TallduDe
      Participant

how much an where did you get that deal from kev?

its tempting

kevsta
      Participant

Got it from ebay, rcmart is the seller $85USD and they include 2 extra battery packs and for some strange reason they threw in bearings because I think they’ve run out of those paper ramps. But be aware that there service hasn’t been as good as they use to be. They took 8 days to process payment and it wasn’t till I emailed them then they dispatched my order.

My son has been continually launching this thing off small ramps, rolling it, crashing it into our furniture and it still hasn’t broken anything. 😀

klims
      Participant

yeah i agree. i’ve had some pretty serious top speed crashes and nothing has broken yet.

merc-blue
      Participant

Mine should arrive tomorrow,
      When it gets here first things its getting are a few alloy bits (i saw matts run for about 1 second before snappping a rear hub) to replace anything that looks fragile:
      front/rear hubs? Arm mounts, possibly steering links
      heli bits and make up some tierods
      Bearings
      possibly have a play with some motor options,
      and have a tear down/rebuild to asses the general quality and make sure everything is how i want it,
      then maybe look at motor options and some li-po cells (can get some pretty small LVCs and alarms these days)

Apart from matts beast what others are floating around and in what sort of state?

merc-blue
      Participant

So its here,
      Took it for a blat and im really impressed with it after the total rubbish of the Mini T.
      Should put in a order for all the trick bits soon give it a stripdown and rebuild,
      With its size accuracy is likly to be a problem with cheap alloy components,
      The toe blocks in the rear and uprights castor hubs etc all should be accurate as they can alter the handling dramaticly,
      Has anyone any experience with different alloy componenets?

kevsta
      Participant

I’m waiting for the 3racing alloy parts to be released. Not going to bling the thing out, just getting parts that break easily.

One issue I have is the short run times from the battery. I’m going to have to cut the wire off the supplied charger and use it with my peak charger.

klims
      Participant

definitely change the charger if possible. i now use my swallow2 and get at least and extra 2 min run time. not much for most cars but on a 10 min run time its heaps. i’ve also noticed that it hoons around till its absolute last breath before it dies. not sure whats going on there…

klims
      Participant

just managed to cram a 350mAH lipo into my micro-t. fkn nuts!!!!!! the lipo has a max discharge of 15C so its more than capable of supplying the current this little beast needs.

can’t wait to reap the benifits of the increased runtime… yessssssssss

klims
      Participant

took it out for a spin last night. couldn’t believe the power! i have never seen anything mono so hard. nearly flipped a couple of times!!! never knew these thinks were so fast with lipos. gonna need to get a better suspension setup though. flipped every time i turned at high speed. runtime was also incredible. lasted a good 20 min with no drop in performance what so ever :topstuff:

kevsta
      Participant

where did you get the lipo, and what part number ? 😀

Renton
      Participant

I banned myself from this link pretty early in the piece

How dare you all tempt me this much

I need a new wetsuit, 2 x boards and now a micro-t for winter :smiley13:

Looks like i picked a good day to quit smoking….Now to buget this extra money.

Can anyone tell me if it comes with instructions on how to handle your partners huffs and puffs when you pull out yet another r/c device?….or does it come in pink?

klims
      Participant

@ kevsta –this is the lipo i bought.

i must warn you though. it did take a small amount of ‘convincing’ to get it in there. not sure what the rules are on lipos but i don’t think you are supposed to bend the end bit where the contacts come out of. i had to take off the sticky tape off the pack and do this a little to get it in. made sure that the contacts were insulated of course.

@ renton – you better start putting in some overtime because these things are serious fun. i’d put away for the car and at least another 50 for mods. just lost the minature clip that holds in the back tire. not gonna find it with a magnet this time 🙁 luckily i bought myself on of these yesterday. not sure what i’m gonna do with myself till it comes in though…

klims
      Participant

i blew the diff in my micro-t the other day running this setup…
      so i ordered a new set of diff gears, thinking it would come with ALL the gears in the diff part. man was i wrong. 1 of the 3 gears i really needed wasn’t in there! i need the second gear i guess before the gear reduction actually transferrs power to the mirco diff. so there is the biggest gear, the diff gear, the metal one and the other one. i need the other one. anyone know which set of spares this comes parts of??

kevsta
      Participant

Here’s another place to buy lipos for the micro-t that fit in the standard battery compartment.

http://www.aero-nuts.com/index.php?cPath=32_88&osCsid=5b9a2e8b4f81fab1dc7fbefdbaf74bfa

Register now, and they give you a $5USD gift voucher to redeem off your first order. 😀

klims
      Participant

check this and this out fellas.

now there is no reason why everyone shouldn’t have a mirco-t

klims
      Participant

does anyone know if its possible to get bigger wheels for the micro-t? looking at doing a uni project that uses the micro-t frame.

dgs73
      Participant

had mine for a while now, damn these things are too much fun!! have’nt done too much yet, just bearings, threaded axles w/ alloy wheel nuts all round, and the LiPo. Now THAT makes a difference… spare tie rods can be cut from the little cable ties that tend to come with speed controllers. The hubs are pretty strong, but not indestructable (a mate and i had an accidental head-on; i broke a rear hub, he, a front tie rod – i expected way worse damage for the speeds we were doing!) Iplan on swapping out the front and rear hubs and the knucles with alloy. Anyone got any opinions on the oil shocks available? Good ones, crap ones, experiences? Looking to get some soon…

klims
      Participant

damn i forgot about this thread. i found some bigger wheels since then. got the speed up 4 km/h on the speed checker. only problem with bigger wheels is the tendancy to bend the real axle when you flip/crash at high speed.

i do recommend getting the oil shocks if your dont mind paying the 25 bucks. i have the 3racing ones. they are awesome. my micro-t is hitting 33km/h on the tamiya speed checker so the damping was much needed.

Keymaster

Still don’t have one… but soon – soon – soon I keep telling myself…

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

klims
      Participant

you have to do it mate. after spending hundreds of dollars on mini-z and still not being able to take it for a spin on my street the mirco-t was exactly what i was looking for. i think others will agree.

PandaBear
      Participant

My uber-generous bestman just donated a MicroT to the willy garage. 😀

Stripped & rebuilt with bearings whilst waiting for battery to charge.

Wow – they go pretty quick!

z-beam
      Participant

@PandaBear 226745 wrote:

My uber-generous bestman just donated a MicroT to the willy garage. 😀

Stripped & rebuilt with bearings whilst waiting for battery to charge.

Wow – they go pretty quick!

you lucky s.o.b.

ultimate small scale rc for sure, and ive only ever driven test stock in 3 different shops around oz. of course i said ive never seen them to get the sales person to give me a lash.

fast, versatile and cheaply upgradable. so damn good.

and tough to. after questioning the strength Vs. the power one guy threw one across the room. no breaks. i was amazed at the disrespect but he swore by how tough the build is.

PandaBear
      Participant

yeah the car is pretty tough, its built to flex… the metal bits might bend though.

would be a bad idea to replace everything with alloy imho 😉

can’t say the same for the cheapass TX though… aerial screws in
      right at the very top, rugpuppy has already broken it off

Might go build another battpack from 4x BCG-surplus cells, lord knows i got heaps 😀
      Only runs like 5mins per charge which isn’t very satisfying!
      (motor gets warm, so its definitely getting a good feed)

Viewing 48 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.