soldering iron?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

ok, well my Bit Char-g is waiting to get some more mods done to it, and well, my dad’s soldering iron is kinda… big.

what kinda stuff OTHER than a soldering iron do i need to solder and desolder?

also, is it possible to use your normal sized soldering iron (its about the size of your average screwdriver) without much risk of destroying my char-g? oh and ill take some photos for yas when i can 😉 i plan on doling some really pointless funky things

below ya find a buncha things im considering 😉

neon glow ala fast and furious, via 4 or more green LEDs, with normal lights too, all on a lil button battery, through a switch off an old workable boat kit. all the common stuff, spring suspension. 2.6, 2 battery etc. For that button battery, i might cut a square out of the bonnet and remodel it like a mustang bonnet, stick the battery under there, and the switch out the back window. gonna get a car with a good engine noise and steal the sound hardware off it, and mount it in my controller 😉 lol

there’s other stuff i wanna do but its pretty difficult, for example, we’ve got some big toy cars at work (Toys R Us) called Dyna smokers, you press the buttons and the wheels spin, and it pules smoke everywhere, i wanna get the lil smoke making thingie if its not too big 😀 😀

for my second char-g though… well thats a suprise 😉 actually i havent thought of enough yet lol

Admin
      Participant

i use a 30 wat. really anything else can fry the pc bord if your not careful. but your gonna ne a desoder vac ta suck up the hot soder with and rosin core soder the realy thin stuff.

Admin
      Participant

i understood what you were saying till “rosin” lol

Admin
      Participant

its a type of soder used on most electrical stuff. just look for rosin core becouse outher stuff might mess up your bit. and if your thinking of makeing a underbody kit for your car dont use the leds i dont know if you can get this but its made by streat glow and its called hot wire they have 12 volt and 3 volt powered by 2 aa’s get the 3 volt kit and put it aywhare you want dosent you can run it off your bits batt. but it sucks alot of juce so do the dual batt. mod. or use 2 5mm super bright led’s there clear but glow green ect radio shack sells them for about $2 for reed green and yellow $4 for blue and $% for white but i’ll take some pics of my car done with hot wire but when you use 2 leds they dont look like a real body kit use 1 in the dead center and this smoke thing america suck ass cuz we dont have it but im thinkin behind the back wheeles can you say srrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrit that would be bad ass . but 4 leds are to much dont get the lil 1’s get the big beefie 5mm super bright i can get the part 3 from radio shack if you need it . you work at toys r us your my hero i wanna work there i work at roush racing make the roush mustang f-150 ect. but what cars do they have in aus. all we have at the skyline gtr lancer evo 5 the rz7 some gay honda thing i dont know what it is the wrx and the cel. but they just came out about a month ago im working on my project bit the one who i dont care if it dies cuz i love my bit for dragin im working on putting a eng. outta a tamya min 4wd car called the plasma dash 47,000 rpm’s and a sh*t load of low end power just a tad big bit if it works im gonna have the fastest bit ever. i had my old mini4wd car clock at 35mph with it. and go to radio shack with the number of you fets. the lil black thing infront of your wires and see if they have 1s that fit with a lower res. i redid mine and saw it was alot faster. but if you wanna race do what i did on your spur gear the big gear you can change see the 2 of them drill them with a drill bit that fits that mark then cut off 4 spokes so you only have 4 on each wheel thats less rotateing mass more rpms and a snappyer acl. not a whole lot but enought make your chassy into a pan. and get a bottle of traction compound from a hobby shop its about $7 for a big bottle that will last you forever and kiss over stear good bye. im starting a online site pertty soon for bit racing and bit drag racing. then were gonna see what country can beat who by posting times and stuff. but all the tracks and classes gotta be the same. im gonna see if i can get in touch with a few hobby shops in the uk japan aus. ect ta set it up. get some tamya ceramic grease for your gears ect. its the best grease out there for r.c.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.