some clones r better than Tomy made

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      leonli17
      Participant

I just got one of those Bit Char-A. It has a motor with a red cap. A green pinion gear. white gear sets. And everything else is all same. But this car’s performence is way better than the stock BCGs. I bought it for $20AUD. The acceleration of this car is really good(same as a dual battery for the first 20cm). But the top speed is not as fast as a dual battery. everything is better than the stock BCG(include price). even the tire set is better. they has alot of grip. I did a dual battery(external) on that car. And the car will do wheelie everytime it start(i didn’t let it go backwards then press forward) even if i put the extra battery at the very front of the car. The car still go faster than other dual battery BCGs i have when i put a AAA battery on it(just for weight,not connect the the circuit).I check the PCB between BCA and BCG, they r a bit different. So the question I have is what could the motor be?

Admin
      Participant

where did you pick up one of these babies?:question:

VR-4
      Participant

i bought a $10 clone from a gasstation and that thing hulls azz

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Dont forget that is 10 USD VR-4.

Leon, have you tried the motor in a bit char-g?
      And what is the gear ratio???
      What battery is this baby running?? Is it the same as tomy’s?

VR-4
      Participant

just to be fair with mine i put bit gears in it a bit bat and the sucker keep up with a 3.8

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Well the motor must be a 3.8….

leonli17
      Participant

Somehow the motor’s opposite end of cap is different shape as BCGs so it can’t fit the BCG chassis. The gear is white colourd, so i don’t know the gear ratio. i think it’s same as the orange gears. THe pinion gear is 8 teeth. It’s the latest series of Bit Char-A so it’s a bit different from the older series. This series called “Precolors”. (maybe it’s the same name as the older series). It has a light grey chassis with a Yellow Ni-Cd 60mah McNair Battery. So anyone know what the motor might be? a 3.8? but i don’t think it will give that much torque.

z-beam
      Participant

8 tooth pinion!!!! i got a pink set with a car called race master tornado and they f@rk!ng fly!!!
      the motor might be a new 4.0??? from my xp tho some clones use cheaper parts which creates a bit more power than a standard bcg.
      all i know is that gear set is hot stuff, the pinion wont fit into a standard chassis without a bit of a shave but combine it with a clone pink 3.8 and a lightened supra chassis for a winning race machine!!!

ph2t
      Participant
      Quote:
      where did you pick up one of these babies?:question:

Leonli17, please answer this question.!!:dead:

leonli17
      Participant

I didn’t got this from the internet so it’s hard for u guys to get it. I live in Melbourne. two weeks ago i was shopping in Greensbourgh Plaza(Melway 20 right hand corner). not in a shop but someone setup a table with all those Bit Char-As on them. There were also some Hummers, and some Hotrods. Now I can’t find that guy anymore. But i saw some same looking but different brand ones for $13(start this Thursday for 1 week) in The Warehouse. So i will go there and buy some of them. I also saw new Series 2 Compact Char-gs in Kmart’s Catalogue(for next week). THey sell them for $40 now. On the catalogue they show a RX7 red 27mhz. I think series 2 should have NSX too.
      The Holden/HRT microRC cars will sell for $30 in Kmart next week too. So i will spend alota money next week. :approve:

ph2t
      Participant

Thanks for the info man. I’m in melbourne as well….

ph2t.

perriscope
      Participant
      Quote:
      some clones r better than Tomy made

yeap :approve:. . . . .

So far I have only bought clones. . .

under normal circumstances I don’t sponsor reverse engineering but tomy have had a long time to developement better steering/throttle control, they are not the leaders in the top motors either.

I’m thinking a Holden/HRT microRC car needs to be added to my collection I’m off to Kmart now :smiley2:

z-beam
      Participant

those commodores use a motor for steering instead of magnets! i took my ute apart last night and got a suprize.

Prowler3
      Participant

Does any one know anything about the $13 cars leonli17 mentioned? I think there called “precious” or something. Ive seen em in sydney.

Are they any good?

leonli17
      Participant

Ops my mistake. The $20 ones i got is “Precious”. I think they are the new series brought out by Bit Char-A. The $13 ones i mentioned are absolutely crap. when i saw them i quickly walked away.

Prowler3
      Participant

Yeah, but I know a shop in SYdney that sells “precious” for $13. Are they any good. Do they come in like a dome sort of case? If so, i know the ones ur talking about.:)

kevsta
      Participant

Do these clones go in a straight line or do they stray off centre after a metre ?

I’ve been put off clones now purely because they can’t go straight for more than 2 metres.

If anyone knows how to make them go straight, I’d be interested to know.

Cheers,

Kevin.:)

Prowler3
      Participant

. I found a clone called “PRECIOUS”. It costs 13 dollars in sydney. Do u know if they motors or bodies or some parts can fit on char-g?

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smiley16:

ph2t
      Participant
      Quote:
      . I found a clone called “PRECIOUS”. It costs 13 dollars in sydney. Do u know if they motors or bodies or some parts can fit on char-g?

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smiley16:

Yes, yes and yes….

Don’t yell!:evil:

ph2t.

leonli17
      Participant

I am not really sure about the motor. The motor doesn’t fit Bit Char-g’s chassis.

leonli17
      Participant

I bought a Metallic Blue Celica “Precious”. THey are the new series of Bit Char-A. It is pretty good.(better than a stock BCG) but i think u have to have some luck to get a good one.

Prowler3
      Participant

do you mean, they perform bad, or they look bad?

And the bodies DO fit on char gs?

leonli17
      Participant

The bodies fit on char-gs perfectly. but the motors doesn’t. u need some luck to get a good performance one. the shells, u can see them from outside the cover. so u can pick a good one.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.