something big is just around the corner

Viewing 57 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

ApologiesAaron, hope you didn’t mind me divulging that information!? Should have asked you first. Sorry.

I think it’ll be great, your site featuring more reviews, content and details. Its a great source for Bit Char-G newbies.

So, no more hints then as to what this exciting news will be? Is exciting for everyone or just those down under? :smiley2:

Admin
      Participant

I CANT WAIT, TELL ME NOW ARRRGGHHHH

Admin
      Participant

I think it’s exciting for everyone – becuase it is a HUGE change to where Derek and I will be devoting our time and resources.

I know it’s tought to wait it out but we will be revealing more as details get cemented into place.

Admin
      Participant

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( is it too late to order a kyosho mini-z, cause i deperately want one and i cant get one down here for under 350 AUD!!!

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by jamiekulhanek on 19?October?2002

…i cant get one down here for under 350 AUD!!!

You’re obviously shopping at all the wrong places!! :smiley1: If Ausmicro no longer takes orders, PM me with which model/colour you’re after and I’ll go have a search around down here. Definitely have seen them for < $300.

Admin
      Participant

Well i havent bought any cause i know what is cheap and what is not.

Thats why i want to buy from Aaron.

PandaBear
      Participant

What’s cheap for a MiniZ?

Let me know and I’ll see if my pals can help. I’ve been running Kyosho for last 20 yrs now.

Admin
      Participant

$210-$235 is what I call cheap.

Well if you’ve been running kyosho for 20 years, its obviously good stuff.

Thanks

PandaBear
      Participant

I’m in Melbourne, Jamie; you’re in Sydney I think? $235 is good price, probably not worth troubling my pal for that. By the time postage etc etc, it all adds up.

Try HOBBICO maybe, think they had some limited stock at $229 but probably not the popular GT3 in red. Spare bodies GT3 available as option too.

Ya, Kyosho makes some decent stuff – especially their gas cars. V-ONE and Inferno series are just great.

Admin
      Participant

Yeah sorry to say guys we won’t be doing any more orders – but Jamie if you can wait the 11 days 😉 You won’t be dissappointed!

Aaron

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

I think it would be unfair to do business with another forum member without waiting to see what the HUGE new event has in store.

Besides, 1st November is only 11days away, I should know because it is my Birthday that day too!!!

Great things happening all round!

Patience, you will not be disappointed 😉

Admin
      Participant

and you know this because…..

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

I’m good!

Admin
      Participant

*grins* I love the follow of the rumors and stories….

I’m sure Kitty is _very_ good, but then again I think all anyone has to do is read back through the forums and have a bit of a think about what Derek and I could be up to. I’d say Kitty has put 2+2 together and made a number remarkably like 4 🙂

There’s some great hints in this topic let alone scattered across everything else!

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

The International Kitten of Mystery (ala Austin Powers style) has had her cover blown………

OK, I will admit it, I can read….

Hope you are satisfied

:smiley15:

Not saying another word about the subject for 11 days, but then my order goes in 😉

Admin
      Participant

Well i have decided not to get into mini z then.

Which is a shame cause they looked cool.

mcgee.
      Participant

This is driving me insane! I must know!

Aaron said on October 8 that they were days away from getting the Automodellista sets. From what I can see they haven’t yet advertised these for sale, only advised what their prices would be once they were for sale. The AutoModellista sets should have cleared customs by now and could be for sale on Nov 1. But then again the guys have said they’re pulling out of the selling business.

Assuming that I haven’tcompletely missed the “For Sale” info for the Automodelistas, they have not yet been sold. Ausmicro say they are accepting no new orders, but they need to sell these items yes?

So, maybe:

– Those friendly butsneaky bastards are fibbingand they will be selling these units on November One. Online store maybe. “some HUGE changes to the selling of the Micro and Mini R/C items in Australia!”

– Someone else will be selling these units. Someone with multiple heads and bulbous eyes.

– An enormous Big Char-G (as opposed to Bit) will be unveiled – “Something Big is around the corner.” I’m thinking at least 10 metres high powered by a battery of 1500 mobile phone vibrator motors.

mcgee.
      Participant

Speculating furiously I ponder these things:

Ausmicro.com is definitely going to change a lot. Even the name of the opening teaser graphic of ausmicro.com suggests it. The name? “prelaunch.jpg” Aaron says reviews, etc. but I suspect more. Ausmicro already hadquite a bit of content, and simply adding a bit more isn’t really that much ofa change. Online store ahoy!

Admin
      Participant

Yeah reading through the forums it seems to point that way…

mcgee.
      Participant

NEWS FLASH!

I used my 1337 hax0ring skills to wire-tap Aaron’s email line and I downloaded an infection into his hard drive. Ifound this image:

Admin
      Participant

So whats that mean ??

Is it the launch of the bit char-g monster trucks ???

Admin
      Participant

*grins* this is fun guys!

Jamie I’m sure your decision will reverse in a few days – Derek and I shall hopefully be able to reveal more by the end of this week.

Those Automodellistas only cleared customs a couple of days ago and are finally ready for me to pick up. As mentioned in a e-mail out to prospective customers we will be selling all stock through e-bay.

Why through e-bay? Becuase with the changes coming in we’re both flat out trying to get everythign in place for Nov1….

Aaron

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

I think I am going to start taking bets here……..

Some people think an online store, personally I think it is more than that.

And Aaron said in a post to wait 11 days….. and he also said you wouldn’t be disappointed. So although the sales are halted, there is a hint at merchandise availability.

When you read through the posts, it says that Aaron and Derek have been taking the fiscal blows of this endevour.

OK, so add that together, or if you can’t manage that, then just wait10 days!

Go figure!

Admin
      Participant

Im still scheptical…..but im kinda itching to find out whats going on…9 days to go

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

Have a little faith!

You won’t be disappointed!!!!!!!!!

And I have to say, this is soooooo much fun!

Admin
      Participant

Uhuh…….

Admin
      Participant

GODDAM IT TELL ME, I HATE WAITING SOOOOOO MUCH

Admin
      Participant

Ok lets move on a bit here.

We’re over a week and a half away – so I can’t reveal too much without stepping on toes and talking out of school….

A quick run down on the facts so far:

• Derek and I will no longer selling through ausmicro.com
      • Derek and I been working on a range of Mini-Z accessories that are affordable and top shelf.
      • Derek and I are not opening a land based shop.
      • There will be a change to the way Micro and Mini Scale stuff is sold from November 1st.
      • If there’s a change that means there will be a way buy them that is better.
      • [/list]

Now for tonights sniff of new info…. One of the reasons Derek and I started selling stuff was becuase generally we were selling stuff for well below the street price – basically we’re always trying to make sure the hobby can grow in Australia (and around the world). Part of that is this site – the rest is making sure enthusiasts will be able to get parts and cars for fair prices.

That hasn’t changed…

Aaron

Admin
      Participant

Hmmmmm …. still have no idea what the big suprise is tho … From the sounds of it, your not making enough money, yet you still want fair price, casue your prices are very good, is there going to be some kind of price increase ? or am i on the wrong track? lol .. i got no idea !

Admin
      Participant

I noticed the ToyEast site has Mini Z’s for around US$90-$99 this makes them around $200 , which seems heaper than all the prices mentioned here so far.

Admin
      Participant

Realy??? Sounds ok…but i think I’ll wait and see what Aaron has in store for us….

Admin
      Participant

Yeah you can buy from Toyeast – don’t forget your currency conversion changres – shipping charges etc etc 🙂

Prices work out very similar 😉 if not marginally in our favour!

Admin
      Participant

But remember, you don’t sell anymore, wink wink, nudge nudge.

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Gomisan on 22October2002

I noticed the ToyEast site has Mini Z’s for around US$90-$99 this makes them around $200 , which seems heaper than all the prices mentioned here so far.

Add in postage, packing and the risk of customs charging you GST & service fees and you’ll have little change from A$250… imho might as well just buy it locally & support local hobby shops.

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Aaron on 22October2002

Yeah you can buy from Toyeast – don’t forget your currency conversion changres – shipping charges etc etc 🙂 Prices work out very similar 😉 if not marginally in our favour!

A&D must have this reply on a “rubberstamp” macro somewhere… :smiley1:

Admin
      Participant

ok so what im getting from all this is that aaron and derek are going to be launching their own range of mini-z style cars or their own range of mini-z compatible accessories. Im not sure but i have a fair idea that this is at least on the right track. Just a few subtle hints that have popped up here adn there. Aaron is this in any way close to the truth??

Admin
      Participant

Dunno

All i know is my dad and I really really want the digi-q battle tanks. they are so awesome, so many functions

lizard
      Participant

I think I saw the combat digiQ Tank on ebay.au

Admin
      Participant

i searched for them but to no avail…..:smiley13:

PandaBear
      Participant

hint:- The DigiQ tanks are sold under “Konami” name, not Takara… :smiley10:

Admin
      Participant

aaaahhhhhh thanks that makes me a happy panda :smiley9:

Admin
      Participant

Back to the original topic,

I’m probably way off the mark, but I read in the paper that JNH Australia, the officialTomy distributor in Australia, have been bought out by Funtastic (another major toy importer). Its possible that they will change the goods they import.Could it be that we are finally going to get the full range of products imported into Australia on a large scale???

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

The answer is no, J&H can’t get English Australian spec kitsin sufficient quantities now from Tomy Japan. Adding more to the model range in Australia will also be difficult due to frequency restrictions.

That’s my bit!

It’s pretty clear that Aaron and Derek could not afford to develop a new range of cars but they’ve already said they have been working on a range of MiniZ parts. Obviously they’re not going to let that hard work go to waste so maybe we will see a bunch of new stuff for our Z’s real soon.

:smiley14:

lizard
      Participant

I did a search “digiq” and they pop right out.

Admin
      Participant

I dunno, 140 bucks?

Admin
      Participant

Ok, this topics been dead for a week.. but with 1 day to go, any more speculation? Or have I missed the posts somewhere?

Admin
      Participant

No it’s been pretty quiet….

We’re flat out 😉 *grins* Hopefully the effort will pay off 😉

Not long now everyone!

Admin
      Participant

So what time will you reveal the big thing ’round the corner?

Admin
      Participant

Any last minute clues ??? ; )

Admin
      Participant

Can I use a life line?

lilgtr
      Participant

my cousins got a tamtech, are these the same as Mini-Z..?? i know that the tamtech’s are quite old too..

Admin
      Participant

Dr SYK – *looks on with anticipation of big day*:smiley14:

Can’t wait….

Admin
      Participant

Greets all

Just got my Tomy CharG (blue GT-R 40Mhz) and I can’t wait to find out what is going to happen – great hobby this…

Cheers

P2000

Admin
      Participant

We will probably be making the bit annoucement VERY VERY VERY late tonight or fairly early in the morning.

Trust me the forums, the front page etc etc will all be showing the info.

Once the front page has been up for a bit we will be reverting it back to it’s old style with links to the existing content and more more more!

Admin
      Participant

TELL ME NOW ARRGGGGGH, I CANT WAIT ANYMORE

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by lilgtr on 31October2002

my cousins got a tamtech, are these the same as Mini-Z..?? i know that the tamtech’s are quite old too..

Believe me, the old Tamiya Tamtech is far superior to a MiniZ… they go much faster out of box (no one ever needs to hop these up!!), they have better grip with sponge tyres and they look just as good – excellent usual Tamiya quality. They also came in 2 forms: sportscar (testarossa, 961 etc) and Lemans (962, BMW, Ford etc).

Only slight problem with them being 20 years old and discontinued – a bit hard to find spareparts. And since they’ve become collectors’ item, they’re not cheap to buy secondhand either.

DaveF
      Participant

Man, it better be up and running tomorrow. All this suspence…

Admin
      Participant

Cool, sounds great!! But did you have to torture me again…gotta wait 2 weeks…..

Oh by the way Aaron, I received the tyres and gears yesterday…

My Bit is kinda cool now…Supra Race Body, 3.0 motor, 3.6 volt NiMH, soft sway bar, medium springs, soft tyres, 8.25:1 gearset, graphite lube…zoom zoom.

Viewing 57 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.