spider / bug turbo

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Author
      addicted
      Participant

Hi,
      I’m from the UK and i’m looking to get one of the Spider or Bug turbo’s for my Mini-Z, and wondered if this was the only place to get them from or if there was somewhere a little closer?
      And also, which is better?
      Thanks,
      Addicted

kevsta
      Participant

@addicted 230710 wrote:

Hi,
      I’m from the UK and i’m looking to get one of the Spider or Bug turbo’s for my Mini-Z, and wondered if this was the only place to get them from or if there was somewhere a little closer?
      And also, which is better?
      Thanks,
      Addicted

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think Aaron makes these anymore. The ausmicro shop hasn’t been operational for over a year.

Most people just upgrade the fets these days.

addicted
      Participant

oh 🙁
      looks like i’ll have to ebay for one, think is i cant do just fets, i need turbo for more power than fets, we’ve got this compe***ion in the UK to try and get to 99KPH 🙂

kevsta
      Participant

You could try pm’ing ph2t to see if he has any woah nelly turbos available.

Participant

The Nelly EVO is what I used for a long time.

If speed is what you want, you CAN do it with just Fets… The new breed of Fets out there are now ultra-fast, ultra efficient. Personally I would go with either PN Racing AN0113’s, which are expensive but I use them on 3 of my cars. They are unbelievable. These are my first choice.

Rohm SP8M4’s, which you can find around the internet, are my next choice, and are maybe even tied for first-choice with the PN AN0113’s. Another option, which are available at Reflex Racing, are the Fairchild 8858’s. The 8858’s are actually slightly better spec-wise then the SP8M4’s, but I have not tried them personally so I can’t recommend them btter then the PN AN0113’s or the SP8M4’s.

Just so you know, A 2×3 stack of 8858’s or SP8M4’s or AN0113’s can all handle about 21 Amps peak. There are not a lot of motors that will cook these if you are running 4.8volts. ANd if you are running li-poly/7.2-8.4volts, these stacks should hold up just fine with most motors about 21 turns, As long as you keep the runtime down to 3-5 minute runs with a cool-off period to let the Fets get back down to room temp.

The Nelly’s are superior no-doubt to Fet stacks IMO. However, since they are scarce, an Fet stack with the above examples should be able to give you 99kph or over with the right motor and gearing (And gearing is important, because you can get 99kph with even a moderately-hot motor with extra-high gearing).

Hope this helps. Cheers:beer:

addicted
      Participant

ok that’s awesome thanks for the reply 🙂
      i’ve got a guy building me an awesome custom motor, and i’ll be doing a 2×3 stack of some sort of fets, probably the 8858’s to be honest, but once i’ve got that i’ll post back on here with a speed 😀

klims
      Participant

Is there much demand for external turbos these days?
      I was thinking about getting back into making turbos again today actually.
      I’ve been out of the game for a while now, but back in the day I made my own external turbo. Not as good as the Nelly but it it handled my lipo setup with PN Anima no problems.

Traveler
      Participant

Aaron told me months ago he had a large quan***y of Spiders he wanted to unload. I was under the impression he was going to start selling them again through the store or eBay. But I haven’t been here in a while, so not sure what happened. Is Aaron back or AWOL?

Participant

Hey guys,
      I haven’t checked this thread in a while but I just read Traveler’s last post about Aaron mentioning how he had a large amount of Spiders he wanted to unload. I am just re-opening this thread to maybe (hopefully) get Aaron’s attention:D

The MR02 could fit a Nelly EVO, but the MR03 chassis now is soo tiny that there’s nowhere to fit a turbo. I am thinking of seeing if there’s any space that can be found inside the chassis, the 03 board is a lot smaller. I didn’t think much about space for the Nelly, until I got my I-LAP lap counting system:smiley16:. The space for the transponder is where the Nelly used to sit. I am thinking that a Spider v.4 , the last version that was wicked-tiny, would come in handy to maybe give a whirl…:D 😀

Looking for a SPider v4.0 !(Or whatever that “Black Widow” Ultra tiny last version was):beer:

Keymaster

Yeah I’ve got over 100 PCBs and the parts to make about 20 or 30 straight up. I am only just unearthing all the ausmicro.shop stock from when I packed it up back in August 2008 – still need to set up a work area and all that.

Goal at the moment is to work out what I’ve got – where it is and then build up a smal stock of assembled Spider v4 and sell a few to buy the latest upgrade for the vBulletin software and pre pay a few months of hosting for the site. From there we’ll see how I feel 🙂

I expect some progress on this in the coming weeks.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Participant

Aaron, I’m down for a Spider v4. 😉 I need something ultra-tiny for the MR03 chassis. Contact me here via PM (If PM are working) or I can send you my email if you need it. I will wait for your response to this thread. Thanks!

Traveler
      Participant

I’d like a couple v4s as well 🙂

Traveler
      Participant

Anyone there???

betty.k
      Participant

nope :8ball:

Traveler
      Participant

Its really sad to see what’s happend to this forum 🙁 Used to be one of the best, if not THE best!

icebreaka
      Participant

Mini-z seems pretty dead these days

kevsta
      Participant

Yes I agree, it’s dead. I still have all my mini-z gear though !

whtang
      Participant

there are still a few of us die hards in Australia.. our little group in Melb still races regularly.. we run HFAY every month and we have Gigspeed setup with the HFAY track so we can practice on weekends before race day.

We’ve had some guys who drive 2hrs down to Melb on weekends for our race meets.. they have a nice little group where they are and they have their own track and timing system now..
      I’ve had interest in RCP track from syd and qld.. when our current order arrives i’m certain some of it will end up in syd… it’s a matter of whether they are motivated enough to get HFAY happening up there.

mini-zracer.com is quite active… it seems that more and more clubs are joining in HFAY (hfay.tinyrc.com) each year.. and there seem to be folks out there that tinker that don’t even know about hfay or ausmicro…
      so no.. it’s not dead.. probably will never completely die.. it is a matter of getting your arse out to race! :p

Keymaster

Well just keep an eye on the Forums and on the main site http://ausmicro.com – Not saying the Spider is back in production yet but I am getting things back together to make the final run.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

AprilGette
      Participant

Creative Bear Tech – Your progressive B2B lead generation business

We are an innovative B2B lead generation business with a cutting edge IT infrastructure, 5 global business offices and an ultramodern business model. Here is what we do: We create B2B email lists for virtually each and every business niche market around the world. Basically, we are engaged in BUSINESS MATCHMAKING! We will match you to your potential clients. We mostly specialize in creating email lists for e-mail marketing and advertising and e-newsletters as this is the most effective and most inexpensive B2B advertising and marketing avenue.

Discover more at https://creativebeartech.com/content/about-us

AprilGette
      Participant

Creative Bear Tech – Your progressive B2B lead generation business

We are an innovative B2B lead generation business with a modern IT facilities, 5 global business offices and a sophisticated business model. Here is what we do: We create B2B email lists for almost each and every business sector globally. Ultimately, we are engaged in BUSINESS MATCHMAKING! We will match you to your potential clients. We mainly specialize in generating email lists for e-mail promotion and marketing and e-newsletters as this is the most effective and most affordable B2B marketing channel.

Learn more at https://creativebeartech.com/content/about-us

JustCBDreots
      Participant

Does anyone here on ausmicro.com wants to turn into a Hemp and CBD reviewer with us and review hemp infused products like CBD Bath Bombs and Soap Drop me a line if interested

JuliaCot
      Participant

Could somone recommend a Coenzyme Q- beauty products supplier? Thanks x

JustCBDreots
      Participant

Does anybody here on ausmicro.com wants to turn into a CBD reviewer with JustCBD and review hemp products like CBD Gummies DM me if interested

JuliaCot
      Participant

Could somone recommend a Coconut Oil beauty products manufacturer? Thank you xox

JustCBDreots
      Participant

Does anybody here on ausmicro.com wants to become a Hemp and CBD reviewer with us and review CBD products like CBD Vape Juice DM me if you would like to get involved

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.