Spider v4.0 "Black Widow" – Available Now!

Home Forums Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods and other Mini-Scale Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods – Technical Spider v4.0 "Black Widow" – Available Now!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

ausmicro.com is pleased to annouce that the latest generation of the Spider family has been whisked from the drawing boards early and is now available.

Spider v4.0 “Black Widow”
      This is the smallest we can make the traditional four MOSFET H-Bridge until small MOSFETs with similar high performance are released. The board has had millimetres shaved from the already small v3.0 design and incorporates a number of changes to improve durability and performance.

As the name suggests Spider v4.0 “Black Widow” will be dressed in high quality black heatshrink shrouding the following features.

• Tiny 14x11mm PCB
      • Lightweight 0.8mm Fiberglass Soldermasked PCB
      • High Quality PN Racing silicone power wires for battery and motor connection complete with eye-terminals
      • Rainbow data-grade cable for control lines
      • Wiring compatible with previous Spider Models
      • Single Power Path design for optimum heatsinking and current handling
      • First Quality International Rectifier MOSFETs
      • Lightest weight of all External MOSFET Turbo solutions

The Spider v4.0 “Black Widow” can be installed in the following Chassis:

• Kyosho Mini-Z MR-01, MR-02, MR-015, MA-010
      • Kyosho Mini-Z Overland, Mini-Z Monster
      • Kyosho Mini-Z Boats
      • iWaver 01, 02, 02M, 04
      • Firelap 02, Bigfoot
      • Losi Micro-T Buggy and Baja
      • RadioShack Xmods Generation1
      • RadioShack XMods EVO

Available NOW!

Pricing will be set at AUD40.00 through the ausmicro.com Online Store (http://shop.ausmicro.net/product_info.php?products_id=606) and USD36.00 on eBay through our SellerID ausmicrocom.

As with v3.0 we welcome dealer enquiries for volume sales, please e-mail sales@ausmicro.com for information on pricing, MOQs and warranty support.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Traveler
      Participant

Sounds great! But WHEN will the v4.0 and the Bug be available???

I still have a new Spider v2.1 and I plan to get some v4.0 and a Bug. Can you help me with which cars they are best suited. Looking to upgrade an XMODS Evo, Mini-Z MR-02 and an AWD.

Hate I missed the 3.0 reign.

Thanks!

Admin
      Participant

Hy Aaron , i’m dave and i need to buy an external turbo for my firelap 2.0

Can you help me?

thanks a lot
      davide

Keymaster

Hi All,
      So far we’ve had some problems with the manufacture of the v4.0 boards. Our fabricators have had problems accurately spliting the boards once made due to their size – most people don’t make boards this small. I’ve made a few changes to the design and we’re waiting for another test run..

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

jimmy
      Participant

what section are turbos in shop.ausmirco checked in fets and turbos but only found fets

Keymaster

Turbos will be in the FETs and Turbos section once we have the teething problems sorted.

I’ve been told to expect the boards in 7-14 days now, so here’s hoping it’s a good production run for the fabricators with no more failures.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

Look what finally arrived! Better photos and more details when I get to a computer and camera.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

jimmy
      Participant

aaron if i log on to the shop and add one to cart but dont pay for it for awile (saveing up time ) will it still bee there when i log on next so i could sort of save it

Keymaster

Jimmy, you’re best just waiting and ordering it when you can complete the transaction in one go. These will be in-stock (or at worst a week delay if we’re waiting for bits) right through until they get updated (probably 6 months away).

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

jimmy
      Participant

whebn u instal, the turbo do u still keep the power wires going to the main board or do u just make it go to the turbo only

jimmy
      Participant

sory had to con press images the blue box is the motor and the bluriy lines are controll cables

klims
      Participant

the PCB still needs power

Keymaster

Yeah the “this” (Left picture) is the correct way.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Traveler
      Participant

I was proud to be the first in North America to buy the v4.0 Spider. Ordered 3 and they arrived on Monday. Got the first one installed today in a Gen1 XMODS and it is sweet! Haven’t had a chance to “really” test it yet, but the size is incredible. Here is a pic. Can you spot the spider?

Once I clean up the install and shorten some of the wires, I will put it through the paces. So far, with only a Speedy 07BB and a few minutes on my track, I’ve lost tires 3 times. Guess I’d better glue them on before I pop an UberDash in.

Nice job shrinking them Aaron. Enjoy!

jimmy
      Participant

can the spider fit in side a mr01 chasses

Admin
      Participant

For a micro-t, does the Spider v4 install the same as the version 3?

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.