Spinning out!?!?!?

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      DeStijl
      Participant

Hey Guys/gals

Everytime i accelarate at full throttle with my Iwaver 02 it spins out to the left.

The steering is centred so its not that, anyone have any ideas????

Thanks alot in advance

DeStijl

peteWah
      Participant

Hey DeStijl,

What setup are you running with this Iwaver 02.
      Are you using a Ball dif, And what sort of surface are you running on, Your in the world of tinker now…:smiley2:

It could just be a question of torque, Dose the thing straighten itself out at all after that pull to the left…
      :smiley2:

z-beam
      Participant

if you got one, loosen the ball diff gradually untill you get a better result on the surface you are driving on.

otherwise get one, the plastic ones will not do a good as job.

p.s. you need to activate the items in your gallery so that other members can veiw them…

peteWah
      Participant
      Quote:
      p.s. you need to activate the items in your gallery so that other members can veiw them…

I was going to say that but the guy might have been modding it…:smiley2:

DeStijl,
      We need a little more info to help you, but like Z-beam said, Try it, If you have 1
      :smiley2:

cheers:)

DeStijl
      Participant

I dont have a Ball Diff, this baby is stock as a rock….

I was running it on Tiles.
      would locking the diff with plasticine help??

Thanks alot in advance

snailpace
      Participant

If your tiles are the shiny glossy ones, that’s just as driving on polished floor boards that’s probably dusty. Just like driving on ice. Foam tires don’t make any difference on shiny suraces, you’ll find there’s heaps of difference if you take it outside on concrete or a carpark area, will hold a straight line easier.

snailpace
      Participant

What i should have added about foam tires on shiny surfaces. If the shiny surface is dusty it won’t make a difference with grip to the standard rubber tires. Once your mum or wife mops the floor clean then you’re in good business! 😀

merc-blue
      Participant

ok.. have any of u though there is a reason for propo in a car.. what happens is although it looks centered its not.. like in a drag car u jam all this power to ur wheels and if ur not ded center BAM ur gone.. if u scaled the output and weight of a mini-z up 24 times were talking rediculouse power/weight ratio.. try accelerating abit easyer.
      as for loking the diff it wont fix ur problem..

Charlie Brown
      Participant

Check the front wheels…unscrew the lug nuts and see if there’s any gunk in them like carpet hairs or stuff like that. If there is, that could cause more friction in one wheel, which lets the other one rotate faster, which leads up to some turning. Since it spins out to the left, there could be problems with the left front wheel spinning, because it might have more friction in it than the front right wheel…

z-beam
      Participant

destijl do not fill the diff with plasticene, it will spin out even more than before!

i mostly run my z on smooth tiles here at home and i allways have the same situation, if you accelerate to fast it will spin out of control. even with all the added extras.

Priest
      Participant

as force travels from the motor to the ground it will take the quickest route see below hopefully that should explain things

1./ the diff on the right side will twist the car left

……….|
      ……… |
      ……….V

[]-0
      |…………|
      V…………|
      …………..|
      …………..V
      quickest route

2./ the diff on the left side will twist the car right

….|
      ….|
      ….V
      0-[]

|…………..|
      |…………..V
      |
      V
      quickest route

Edited by – Priest on 16 January 2005 05:01:29

betty.k
      Participant

i think you should listen to mr blue. try this experiment, jump in a 1:1 car and floor it. see any similarities?:smiley2::8ball:

merc-blue
      Participant

yeah betty all these special diagrams of diffs and stuff.. y bother it pretty obvious if u jam a powerful car flat from the start it dont work to well

z-beam
      Participant
      Quote:
      i think you should listen to mr blue. try this experiment, jump in a 1:1 car and floor it. see any similarities?:smiley2::8ball:

if you do try this in a real car make sure your experiment is valid, you need a smooth surface for the 1:1 and ice rinks arnt that available for driving on so maybe some wet grass will do the trick!

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

merc you gotta learn a bit more about the scale system…

to convert weight and power from a 1/28 scale you have to cube 28!

multiply the weight/power of a mini Z by approximately 21,952…

so say a mini Z weighs 180g RTR, scale that up to 1:1 and you get 3,951kg!

The stock motor pumps out around 3 watts of power…1:1= 65.85kw.

Lesson here is you can’t really scale physics…

Also in a 1:1, if it has an open wheeler diff, it can be very unpredictable, an LSD diff helps a lot…

merc-blue
      Participant

jamie what i am trying to say is just use the propo thottle just dont jame it on

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I say upgrade the tyres and diff will solve the problem…

Priest
      Participant

easy fix just use a little right steering to compensate when you jam the power on 😀

jimmy
      Participant

soak your rear wheels in mr sheen table polish (http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/b/bb/180px-MrSheen.JPG) for five minits then wipe it all off. DO NOT PUT IT ON THE FLOOR IT WILL SPIN OUT MORE.
      works for me on floor boards

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.