spring suspension probs

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      lots_of_lobsters
      Participant

hey guys, i got my SBCG a short while bak and i tried to put spring suspension on the front..it fitted in but then i can turn with it on(i checked it and the wheel can turn freely both ways so i dunno what it is) but it just make me go straight and thats it…anyone know what i can do:question:

lots_of_lobsters
      Participant

i still cant get it to work…is it coz theyre too big or there attracted to the front or sumtin? i just cant turn at all…

Super Max Power
      Participant

They springs might be a bit long or too hard.
      If you check the length of the spring it should only be 20% longer than the gap you compress it into.
      The springs out of AFX slot cars are nice and soft.

lots_of_lobsters
      Participant

can you buy those springs anywhere or can i make em?

betty.k
      Participant

you can contact ph2t for a set of custom springs, or use the ones from afx slot cars. just cut them in half, they should be fine:8ball:

z-beam
      Participant

lobster, the afx springs are available in pairs from most toyworld stores for cheap, i suggestbuying about 6-10 at a time cos they are easy to bugger the length up when trying to get them even and drop on the ground( which them the underpants gnomes instantly claim for profit).

anywhere that stocks afx tracks should sell em in there spare parts kit.

two other tips for springs…
      once you get some take them to a locksmith and ask if he has any spare springs of similar diameter. i managed to get some which fit tightly to the plastic at one end when trimmed, perfect if you swap the front rims on your sbcg as they dont fall off.

and with trimmed afx springs, make sure the trimmed end is facing downward to the ground and slightly wound around the knuckle. the opposite end of the spring will then make even contact with the steering plate.

good luck!!!

lots_of_lobsters
      Participant

kool thanks ill look 2moz

HACHI-RYOKU
      Participant

Also, if your springs are magnetic, then they might be screwing with the magnetic steering system. I recomend brass springs.

I get them out of disposable cameras. You will only find a brass spring in like 1 out of 5. Don’t buy them, just ask a photo developement store for there used ones. Also, be careful if you do this, cause the cameras have a capacitor that will shock the piss out of you. Just take the battery out and short out the capacitor with a screw driver or something. then look for the spring around the shutter system. You’ll have to stretch them and trim off the ends, but they make awesome springs for the front wheels, and they are free.

HACHI-RYOKU
      Participant

Also, I never said, welcome to the forums.

lots_of_lobsters
      Participant

oh yeh thanks

z-beam
      Participant

so how did the springs go lobsters?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.