stadium buggy/truck

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion stadium buggy/truck

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      merc-blue
      Participant

im gonna get a buggy for my graduation and i wanna know wats good and what not i want something that will take some jumps and stuff and is really tough so i can thrash it… im looking about 500 as my max price.. wats good . im thinking losi mini t. casue there small n fast from wat i heard.. and they look fun.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by ForumAdmin.
      brendan
      Participant

the mini t is a good car but it is slow outta the box so i would suggest getting a x speed or something for it if it would fit!

merc-blue
      Participant

well speed is know problem casue i just mosfet the ESC and then put i one of my hand wound motors

PandaBear
      Participant

Might as well go for something bigger? Unless you’re determined to cause yourself some headaches.

merc-blue
      Participant

wat do u suggest.. i want somthing i can guve hell n thrash and not die on me

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

Have a look here for topics on Speed 400 and 540 Mini-T convesions:

http://www.wegotu.com/forums/view_forum.php?id=5

merc-blue
      Participant

i went to my LHS and they said get a evader st it cost 440 dollars ready to run (so it has radio gear and ESC and motor and stuff)…. is that a good price is this car worth it ive done some reaserch and it looks just like i wanted but it it worth spending an extra 200 dollars and buying a nitro evader st there both made by DuraTrax

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

Duratrax are old Losi models. They bought the moulds to the XX series. All the Losi parts fit, and as such are not bad value.

Thing about RTR is all too often the electronics are quite poor and will need replacing when you start going fast 😉

merc-blue
      Participant

so the nitro is worth it?

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

My thoughts on gas vs electric:

http://www.wegotu.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=259&forum_id=7

In this particular case, provided you can afford the higher running costs and increased wear and tear/ maintenance, I feel the nitro maybe better value (mostly because I don’t trust Duratrax electronics).

I’ve bought a lot of gas cars cheap from noobies who didn’t know how to keep them running, so be aware that you’ll have to learn a few things, do maintenance etc.

merc-blue
      Participant

yeh it sounds like im gonna get a losi xxx truck eletric… which is cool either that or a insociated B4.. but yeh eletric seems the go because i dont wanna have 2 constnatly have car out of order for maintanace… wat part od duratrax electronics dont u like casue ill probly blow it and need a new 1

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

The servos probably under powered/plastic geared and may strip, and I wouldn’t trust the ESC either. I don’t have any experenice with Duratrax because I run from anything that says RTR on the box…

I’d buy a kit and get a Hitec servo and GM or LRP ESC.

merc-blue
      Participant

wat sort of price would it be u recon 2 get all teh parts needed 2 put in a non rtr car.. eg. motor esc and radio.. casue its about 100 cheaper non RTR soo i dunno if its worth is casue i can buy a RTR and fix all that for almost the same price as buying the normal way with the chassis motor esc radio etc seperatly

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

I think you get a motor in the kit.

ESC will cost you around $100 and will a radio, in either case you can spend a lot of money on electronics if you really want :smiley2:

merc-blue
      Participant

BTW thnx for all your help… one last thing so would a cheap 100 ESC be fine casue i plan to get a schumacher fireblade evo. so ill chuck in a cheack ESC and radio and would this be better than a evader RTR.. a assiciated b4 because there my three offroad elect. choices without having to stuff around with posting stuff overseas

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

The ESC I recommend above all is the GM V4 or V4R (R for reverse) it will handle motors down to around 13t, cost around $130 (a little more for the R) and is just a great unit. It’s only 1″ square so it will work great in 1/18’s as well.

I think the B4 is the best of the cars you’ve listed (probably the most expensive too), the Schumacher is nice, but lots of people don’t like them, they aren’t really a ‘jumping’ car traditionally.

This is often the cheapest place in Oz:

http://radiomodels.com.au/

merc-blue
      Participant

it gonna cost me like 600 for the B4 with a good esc and good motor but with a crap radio.. which will be a chrismas present . :D.. looks like its the b4 i wont be gtting it till i finish school .. LoL but im looking forward to it

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.