Start on track

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Alright im pleased to announce i have just picked up all the materials for my new track. I am going the same way as derek went with all his stuff, but my track design will be awesome. I picked a polystyrene cut of 4′ by 8′. Cut it in two to get 2 4’X4′ peices. So my track will be 4’X4′. It has a total of around 11-13 turns and 2 split offs. It’s gonna be nuts! I will probably start to draw the track tommorrow and start to cut by friday but friday afternoon i am going to mexico so i wont be able to continue untill monday. I will probably be finished to race on tuesday or so. I will keep you guys posted hopefully with pics and posts for the next couple of days. Dave

Admin
      Participant

Ok well i started and first just drew the layout on the polystyrene and tried to drive it and i was amazed. It’s a lot harder than it looked, so i calmed the track down A LOT!! now it’s still pretty nice but not even close to as challenging as it would have been. I cut everything out and then started to paint but ran out of paint. So now i have to wait til monday when i get back from mexico and buy paint and finish. I’ll keep you guys posted. Dave

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      I am going the same way as derek went with all his stuff, but my track design will be awesome.

So, is this to say Dereks was somewhat L E S s than awsoome? :smiley3: :smiley2: :smiley8:

Just kidding ya, Dave.

Post some pics soon!

-Floyd

Admin
      Participant

My track is my 4′ X 8′ felt pool table top. It works great! I laid out some heavy rope in whatever configuration I want and it works great as a rail. I also made some jumps and bumps out of cardboard. It looks a bit ugly but the cars do well on it. I’ll have to paint the jumps or something. I’ll take a pic sometime. The big jump is about 1 and 1/2 car heights tall and has an angled landing. The cars land about 1 whole car length away from the top of the jump. It helped when I put the jump right after a hill so they have full speed after coming off the downhill part of the hill.

The pool tablefelt is a perfect driving surface. With hard tires on front the steering is just right.

-Peter

Admin
      Participant

picture%2021.jpg

Well there it is so far taped on in place. I still need to finish another couple coats for the green and finish the black then put the stickers and other detailed stuff i have to think of. Later, Dave

Admin
      Participant

Hey Prabbit, I tried driving my bitcharg on my pool table but I noticed that the runtime got shortened, and it seems like my bit go slower on my pool table than on the hardwood floor. Maybe the pool table felt is kinda soft and requires more torque to drive on it thus shortening the runtime?

Admin
      Participant

Hye prabbit i was wondering how you got to be a gold member with two stars?? Just wondering? Dave

Admin
      Participant

Pics. pics! pics?

I would love to see pics of ANY of your tracks! I wanna get ideas.

deejay40

Admin
      Participant

Why is status soooo important?

Admin
      Participant

It’s not i was just wondering

Admin
      Participant

You should have Gold status soon. I think the post number is 50 to get Gold, but I was in the 60s and still not showing Gold. I think it takes a while for the system to notice.

BTW – what happened to the 11-13 turns and 2 split offs? I only count 6 turns and one split off. It’s just not quite as nuts :smiley2:(I really really need a LOL emoticon)

Admin
      Participant

Look at the second post and that will explain why it doesn’t have 11-13 turns. It was way out of the question unless i wanted to use a 1.0 but me and my friends use 3.0s and turbo 2.2 with acceleration gears and its still prety hard. Dave

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.