stealth lancer project

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

originally i had planned to use my lancer body as my beater and the porsche as the pretty show shell, but if you could see the state of the porsche you d piss yaself laughing! 😀 so i m gonna pretty up the lancer.
      i m aiming for simplicity again, but i m aiming to make it look a little meaner. it s the body that i use with the camera and i thought a “stealth” theme was fitting. i won t be doing any real body reshaping, just a little ventilating. i could fix the windscreen but i quite like running this body without the windows so i probably wont bother with it at all.
      so here s a little progress action for ya ll.

gotta love the “before” pic:dead: :8ball:
      normal_lancerprojectphase1.jpg

bithed
      Participant

…betty did you drop the paint off that or is just sprayed? STEALTH is good…stealth works for me…This body works great on the monster too 🙂

Jowlz
      Participant

why you are at it drop a bigger spoiler on that biznitch!!

betty.k
      Participant

the bottom pics are of the under coat stage. i did think about a fancy spoiler but extremities and me don’t mix! i’ll just stick with the stock one.:8ball:

dgs73
      Participant

quite a talented fellow, are’nt you? I agree with Jowlz, too… maybe drop an HPI wing on the end of it…

bithed
      Participant

…good one betty…let me rephrase my question…Ok i got you thats it the undercoat 🙂 How much did you sand? Or is that a straight spray over the yellow shell which is in the shots above? I just want to know how much work you did BETWEEN those two shots 🙂 sorry for being cryptic…

betty.k
      Participant

it’s cool:D i didn’t really label the pics. top left is the before shot, top right is after a hole filling and heavy sanding and at that point i cut out the bonnet holes and the grilles from the front. and the little groove in the roof is for the camera aerial.:8ball:

z-beam
      Participant

is that PINK primer!!!???

what colour you dooin it? stealthy matt black?

betty.k
      Participant

i’m gonna do it this colour

normal_lancerprojectphase2.jpg

ran out of clear, so i’ll have a chance for it to harden nicely before continuing. it won’t be as stealthy as i first planned, i found some cool decals i wanna use:p:8ball:

barto_85
      Participant

wow, nice betty, very shiny.

betty.k
      Participant

some more progress. i lost one of the tail lights and wasn’t able to make a convincing match so i made some outta tackle box plastic. and i screwed them on so hopefully they stay like this. i got the decals on and i had to have a sneak peak of what it will look like on a chassis. more to come…..:8ball:

normal_lancerprojectphase3.jpg

barto_85
      Participant

extremely nice work there betty, looks fantastic.

froggy
      Participant

very stealthy betty, i like

chino
      Participant

i like too

betty.k
      Participant

aaaaaaaaaaand we’re back! there’s a couple of things i really could have done better like the crooked front grill and those tail lights just aint quite right. but stuff it, i wanna trash it now!:p i threw a blue led under the hood to light up the chassis so it shines through the grills in a pimpin stylee! making plates was easy, print them up on marker paper (non bleeding). then i smeared some super glue on a tackle box (super glue won’t stick to this stuff) and placed the paper face down in the glue. smear more on the back and allow to dry (about 1 – 2 mins). peel it off, cut em out and there ya have it, poor man’s laminate!:D
      i staged the crap outta these first pics by removing the shocks for that lowrider look and used some stealthy black wheels and nuts to finish it off.

normal_lancerprojectphase4.jpg

and this is what it looks like for real

so not as stealthy as i first planned, but these things always take a few detours along the way!:8ball:

Tim
      Participant

Just a thought why don’t put neon light at that shell where the side skirt is so your car would look cars in 2fast2furious with blue lights glowing from below

But anyway top stuff i love it!

betty.k
      Participant

‘cos 2f2f is a wank! i’ll do everything i can to avoid representing that slop! i like my stuff to look like my stuff:8ball:

betty.k
      Participant

well it’s definately looking like my stuff now!:8ball:

TallduDe
      Participant

ohwell dude at least you got pic’s of it when it was nice :smiley16:

Super Max Power
      Participant

That certainly is the final coat of the standard Betty.K paint job.

Edited by – Super Max Power on 21 June 2004 16:17:18

z-beam
      Participant

you need some ruff riderz logos on that betty!

whait untill you see my green machine!

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.