Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Author
      chino
      Participant

this is my lil sleeper
      red350sleeper.jpg
      redsleepertopoff.jpg
      redsleeperopened.jpg
      from tha outside it looks like normal single cell. even after the body is removed

heres sum pics of it with dubble rims
      redsleeperduallyside.jpg
      redsleeperdualy.jpg
      redsleeperduallytop.jpg

HACHI-RYOKU
      Participant

Looks good dude. I like the hood. I would get a thin guitar string for the antenna. That would make it more invisible. Plus the range would be better.

betty.k
      Participant

nice one! but it’s just too neat! can’t you hang some wire out of the cover or scratch it?:D:8ball:

chino
      Participant

haha thnx, ill take that as a compliment. i wus gonna do guitar string like my xmod but then i wouldnt be able to put in in my pocket

i realy want to do a fet updrade but im still pretty clueless in that dept. for these lil cars. i wish i knew how:sad:

Edited by – chino on 13 October 2004 13:28:04

TallduDe
      Participant

nice ride man 😀

peteWah
      Participant

You could ask Micro Amps:smiley2:

ph2t
      Participant

chino, there’s a sh1tload of resources on the subject man, trust me….

http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpForum/viewtopic.php?t=1778

and

http://www.bitmod.de/elektronikmods.htm#mosfets

prolly the best two links on the subject..

ph2t.

chino
      Participant

thx alot for tha links. ill to learn as much as i can. do i need new fet or jus positions and jumpers? man, i wish i couls read that language. ill try to figure it out with tha pictures. thx alot, thas the most help i got in 2 years, well that maade anykind of sense anyway

rashumble7
      Participant

Pretty Spank ride Chino,i know those double wheels must give that thing some sick torque. But really you must tell me how you managed to cram those cells so neatly in a bit chassis.Because i too am working on a low profile ride that definately needs dual celling.

chino
      Participant

i forgot where i got the smaller cells from but jus a lil trimming of the part the front deck screws down(only screw in the whole car) and it drops rite in. ad i have solder tabs solderd directly to the bottom charge conections

rashumble7
      Participant

Thanks a bunch chino. My lxx chassis has a stock 200AAA cell whithin i am hoping to dual it with a 50AAA cell. hopefully in the same setup you have, so it can fit in my lxx chassis thus accommodating my custom lo pro body. Excuse the foolish ? but when you say you used soldering tabs, is that conductive? and if so would it detach if the cell becomes hot?

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

If the solder tabs detached, well, that would happen right after the cell self destructed and the whole bit turned into a puddle of molten goop….doubt it would be able to melt solder…

rashumble7
      Participant

Thanks for clarifying that for me jamie, i think i will go with the tabs. once again chino, that is a sweet ride :smiley2:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Rashumble, doing a dual cell mod with 1/3AAA’s is quite a big job.

Unless you have a dremel, dont even think about it….

If you need a hand, add me jamiekulhanek(at)hotmail.com to msn if you have it…

rashumble7
      Participant

jamiekulhanek, Thanks for offering your help, i assume you meant add you to my IM. Do you have yahoo, cause thats what i use. But if not i will see if i still have hotmail IM. And i definately own a dremel, thats a must cant mod without that… Thanks again:D

betty.k
      Participant

i’ve never owned a dremmel. closest thing i have is a cordless drill that smokes when used!:8ball:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

trent, goto bunnings and pick up an OZITO rotary tool, for $59 you get the tool, telescopic desk stand, flexible shaft, 40 piece accessory kit and a carrycase, plus if you bugger it theres a 2 year warranty!:8ball:

Impreza
      Participant

lol betty, nice work on the z’d chino.

rashumble7
      Participant

😀 BETTY, thats some hazardous equipment your dealing with there.Lets just hope thats on your xmas list.

chino
      Participant

thnx alot ppl. a returned Zipzap i had got for free had suspention springs in the front instead of the see saw sway bar thing. i jus istalled the springs in my black 350z handled so much better. ive been wanted these sprigs for long time. does anyone know wut im talkin about? and if so, where can i get more? im thinking mybe the previous owner left them in there. i havnt checked at the new ZZ’s yet ut i woder if they all come with springs now.

chino
      Participant

ok sry bout that guys. i jus got bak from radio shack and saw tha all the newer Zip Zaps come with front springs.

rashumble7
      Participant

I wasnt aware of that:approve:. Chino i need your help quick fast man, i’m am now attempting that dual cell mod, same set up. The cells,pos+ to neg
      – are joined/soldered together and i know i have to solder the pos+ wire from the pcb to the pos+ terminal on the unjoined section of the cell that has another wire attached running to the pos+ tab in the chassis. My ? is where does the neg- /black wire from the pcb go, do i just leave it soldered to the neg- tab in the chassis or what. im stumped please help.

this pic was my instructions, if it shows up notice no wire coming from the neg- side, i’m assuming a wire does go there and to the neg-tab in the chassis. pic courtesy of Bitmod.tk.

If the image does not appear try this.
      http://tinypic.com/d8wsp

Edited by – rashumble7 on 19 October 2004 05:21:58

chino
      Participant

pretty easy, it hooks up jus like any other dual cell. so it can still charge the same way, except for tha fact ull have another battery atached to ur controller.

edit: oh yeah and rest the board in backwards

Edited by – chino on 19 October 2004 13:23:47

rashumble7
      Participant

Thanks chino, but after staying up all night and morning i finally figured it out myself, hopefully i didn’t fry the cells in the process. Stand alone charger in the works.

chino
      Participant

cool. i may need sum info o that. i jus added another cell to my controller. seems to e workin jus fine.

anyway im goi to be tryin to get mor ZZs now that i know some of them come with front srings. i put them in one of my single cell BCGs now it hanldes great resrly spins out no matter how slippery or how dirty tha tires get. i can still dpin it out at will. now im able to do a rolling 360 and recover. zombie voice* “must get more springs” haha

cars i saw the springs on
      -ford f150
      -jeep

rashumble7
      Participant

No doubt Chino, ill take a few pics of the charger for you.

check this out chino
      http://www.ausmicro.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2694&FORUM_ID=9&CAT_ID=2&Topic_Title=my+

Edited by – rashumble7 on 25 October 2004 17:45:12

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.