Steering FireLap 04

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      f.r.o.g
      Participant

Hi People,

I would appriciate your comments on this issue.

FireLap 04 monster truck seems to be weak when steering to the right when going forward. If you whack it in reverse and do figure 8’s its all good, try the same in forward and it has hardly any right hand curve. I have tried all the different trim settings and rate adjustments that are available.

I also noticed that the steering make a whizzing noise when you put it in full lock. I have pulled the steering assembly apart and checked it over, full right / left travel with no load, all teeth there etc can’t see anything wrong.

Are there beefed up servos / motor for steering available.

Thanks Again, f.r.o.g.

Keymaster

I have seen online instructiosn on how to upgrade the steering to be closer to the Kyosho steering setup. I haven’t done the mode yet – but am likely to in the coming weeks as I tinker with our test truck.

If I get it going I’ll post up the how-to.

iWaver trucks sometiems can be a pain – but ont he whole they do work well – the steering seems like their real problem….

--
      Site Owner Guy.

f.r.o.g
      Participant

Hey Aaron,

That would be good thanks.

Are these unit real dogs out of the box ? I’ve seen more balls on a gelding than this truck.

cheers,

f.r.o.g

Keymaster

*laughs* Nah normally they’re fun enough. Sure not mind blowing quick but enough to bring a smile to the dial….

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

f.r.o.g
      Participant

🙂

yes, fun for my 8 y/o – ( I have to de-tune from the 50km/ph kyosho nitro ). Unfortunately my 7 y/o (other sibling) dropped the tx and I have no accelaration only steering. have to test with the kyosho tx and see where we go.

thanks again.

f.r.o.g

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.