Steering Problems

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Super Max Power
      Participant

I am a newbie and I need a little bit of advice. My BCG turns sharper one way than it does the other. I have pulled it apart and put it back together, cleaned and checked all I can see (even adusted the tracking bar underneath till I went mad). Any tips?

merc-blue
      Participant

is it a BCG or a clone..? casue some clones r screwed constantly…

Super Max Power
      Participant

It is Genuine Tomy

leonli17
      Participant

Let’s see. I guess it turns right more sharply than towards the left? Some stock cars do that somehow.

1. Open your steering assembly apart, check if the magnet is right in the middle.

2. Check if both front wheels spin freely.

titaniumonkey
      Participant

one more possibility is that one of the rear wwheels isn’t stuck on the axela dn instead rotates freely.

Super Max Power
      Participant

Thanks Leonli17,
      I ripped the steering assembley apart (after braking one of the clips on the PCB cover). I found one of the coils wasn’t glued in properly. A bit of glue and when I finally got it back together it ran sweet.
      Thanks again.

dgs73
      Participant

SMP; those pcb lids are delicate, eh? Also, try adjusting the position of the steering magnet, that may help. If it turns sharp to the left, for example, shift the magnet to the right.

Super Max Power
      Participant

Dgs, a lot of people have told me to adjust the magnet – but it appears to me that the magnet is supposed to move??? Are you talking about how it is mounted in the bracket?

leonli17
      Participant

No worries SUper Max Power.
      yes. it suppose to glue onto the bracket straghit in the middle.

micro_Amps
      Participant

Adjusting (bending/straightening) the spring can also help straighten steering that doesnt work correctly.

:)uA

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.