Steering switches

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

hi, i finally found a compact charg ge yesterday, but one ofthe stering switches in the controll have alredy been damaged, when its bressed it dosent click, i still works but it dosent feel right and often gets stuck. has anyone else had this sort of problem. If so how did u fix it.

Thanx In Advance

Admin
      Participant

i have this problem too. it doesnt click, and a simple jiggle of the controler will set it off. dont know how to fix this problem tho.

Admin
      Participant

Hello,
      I had the same problem butI believe I fixed it yesterday. Open the transmitter case to remove the plastic control buttons. Using a hobby knife or similar remove the molding flash from the edges of the control buttonsas they catch on the transmitter case causing the control buttons to stick. My transmitter seems fine to date.
      Cheers

Admin
      Participant

i think my problem is abit more serious. its not the actual seethrough stuff thats broken, its those squares with black shaft buttons comming out. they seem to have no spring in them, or whatever makes them click. either that, or they are stuck

Admin
      Participant

Hello,

“those squares with black stuff comming cout” are small microswitches;

these parts are a completely standard, you can buy them from any

electronics shop and replace them. The same microswitches are used in

mouse buttons, so if you have an old mouse you can scavenge them from

there. The replacement is quite easy to do.

Admin
      Participant

I have this same problem also.

Were you able to fix it?

Admin
      Participant

That happened to my Ferrari too. I’m using my 4 chanel multicontrol with it. I think that give a better feeling than the standar control.

Admin
      Participant

I might just buy a new controller then . 🙂

Admin
      Participant

Does the 4 channel controller do both 40mhz and 45mhzchar-g?

Admin
      Participant

Nope the 4 channel controller ONLY does 27, 35, 45 and 57Mhz – ie the Japanese market frequencies.

Admin
      Participant

The remote control does not use a strictly tuned circuitry: you can replace almost any crystal with a different one without noticeable difference in range. That is, you can replace the 27MHz with a 49MHz crystal and everything will work perfectly.

Admin
      Participant

chris- or someone with more expertise- can you post a howto on this ? I’d like to use my spare tomy controllers on the oems I have on hand which are all at 49mhz. I was unable to track down anythign that looked like a crystal I’m used to from larger scale rc, and I recall there WAS a note about the radios not using crystal-tuned channels, but rather a signal that overrides everythign ont he specific frequency.

-dan

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.