storage solution..

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

If anyone has an empty 50 cd spindle plastic “box” thing with a twisty lid.. the make great portable storage boxs with a liddle foam padding :).

I’d post pics but no cam heh.

Shard

Admin
      Participant

I wouldn’t have thought the controller would have fitted in too well around the spindle?

Will have a go tonight, Shard, and post some pick-shers tomorrow

Cheers

Admin
      Participant

This works too, but does require a small out-of-pocket investment:

http://communities.msn.com/TheAdmiralsLair/bitchargstorage.msnw

Admin
      Participant

Guy’s…. Like that add on the telly says, “think outside the square”… I realise that will have a spare empty spindle (or two…) lying around, but that really is a lot of effort…

I have discovered that the “Deeko” butter container (tupperware type stuff ) is the best sized container for transport…

I also have a roll of 4mm foam I bought from Clark Rubber a few years back, this stuff is great for making damping mats to bung under your PC, if its on the desk, to not only protect

the surface of the desk, but also to reduce/eliminate the vibrations of the PC throught the desk!!!

I measured out a small rectangle and cut out the corners, and folded the piece into the Deeko… This looked fine, untill I realised I needed to cut out a bit for the antenna stub…

So here’s my “carry case”…

foam_insert.jpg deeko1.jpg

deeko2.jpg

deeko3.jpg

Sorry these pics dont have the clarity of the others, but this is a poor old DC20!

Admin
      Participant

yeah but what about extra parts :), not a lot of room in there hehe.

With a spindle thing you can just turn it upside down when you want to open it, there’s room for quite a bit :).

Shard

Admin
      Participant

Deeko make a LARGE selection of containers…

Admin
      Participant

I use a fishing tackle box. Just make sure you have one that when the lid is closed, that all the compartments are completely close as well.

Cheap and available from Big W, Target

🙂

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.