stuff i saw out shopping

Home Forums General Chat stuff i saw out shopping

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

well the christmas buying season is well and truly upon us with lots to see and buy!:p

first up i found sbcg’s labelled as compact char g. they had the ferrari and lambo jota at my local toyworld, $39.99.
      362FFB99362EF297.jpg

next i popped in to tandy and saw the new enertec micro’s. they appear to be the same but now you get the subaru and pt cruiser bodies, another set of tyres (slick) and a mini screwdriver, $19.95.
      362EF2A5362EF296.jpg

but the bargain i couldn’t leave behind is this; a 40 pce rotary tool for $35!!:shock:
      3630EBC6362EF298.jpg
      i’m sure it’s nothing compared to a dremmel but i’m happy. it even has an extension pen grip thingy for fine work. it’s labelled as a dick smith product so i guess you’ll find them there too. i gots me some grinding to do now:8ball:

bithed
      Participant

..betty that 7grinder7 is like the one i have, but without the pistol grip…and mine is rechargeable but i am sure they come out of the same children run factory is some hot dim little 3rd world countr..great little machine and perfect for people like us…cheap and does the job 🙂 Enjoy *)

mini-g
      Participant

can get the compact char-g for $34.95 at toys r us… same two bodies you seen.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Trent, seriously, those cheaper grinders are just as good as dremels….

dgs73
      Participant

might look at the Enertech this afternoon on the way home from work… they have em near my place…

betty.k
      Participant

well i can say that for grinding plastic into shape these rotary tools are fine. i just got all the jobs done that i couldn’t do with my stone age tools. and in about a tenth of the time too! do yaselfa favour and buy one!:smiley16::8ball:

dgs73
      Participant

beats the price of a Dremel… should have waited to get it… story of my life…:smiley2:

merc-blue
      Participant

yeah i got one of them DSE things for chopping plastic and small polishing jobs etc there fine and for 35 bux i dont matter if it breaks

micro_Amps
      Participant

OMG, Bettys got a mini grinder, lookout world here come the chopped mods from hell.:shock::smiley2:
      Seriously though, I have one similar to that (Ozito) and for the price you cant beat them.
      Its not tradesmen quality like a Dremmel, but for our purposes they are the ducks guts. :approve:

leonli17
      Participant

I have the same rotory tool, as well as a cordless one from Bunnings. cordless one is absolutely crap.

I saw Ferrari Enzo SBCG advertised on Myer’s catelogue a few weeks ago. Always forgot to check it out.

MiniKing
      Participant

Yeah i also got the same rotary tool from dick smith they are perfect for rc jobs and you can even get a new 215 piece bit kit for it and its like only $20 good value…

jamiekulhanek
      Participant
      Quote:
      OMG, Bettys got a mini grinder, lookout world here come the chopped mods from hell.:shock::smiley2:
      Seriously though, I have one similar to that (Ozito) and for the price you cant beat them.
      Its not tradesmen quality like a Dremmel, but for our purposes they are the ducks guts. :approve:

If you mean the OZITO 40 pce kit with flex shaft from bunnings, i have the same, and honestly i can’t tell the difference between that and my dads dremel in operation. Sadly i got a bit heavy with it and smoked the motor..:dead:

micro_Amps
      Participant

Yeah it is one of those, I put a variable speed control in it and now it is perfect. It was a bit fast before and I didnt want it to run flat out all the time.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Huh? Mine has variable speed standard…

It also came with a desk stand, 40 pc accessory kit, flex shaft and storage box.

betty.k
      Participant

my one has everything jamies has except the desk stand.
      i guess the difference between good ones and cheapies is you can go harder and faster with a good one, being more powerful. so buy a cheapy and go a little slower. compared to doing things by hand this weak and crappy cheapy aint so weak and crappy!:D:8ball:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Well I was doing much too heavy work, and I think the difference between mine and the dremel is the name.

For christ’s sake it has a 2 year warranty and a 10 year parts backup…i think they must be ood if they can offer that…

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      first up i found sbcg’s labelled as compact char g. they had the ferrari and lambo jota at my local toyworld, $39.99.

KMart had 15% off yesterday… and all those SCCGs were on the shelf.

Quote:
      but the bargain i couldn’t leave behind is this; a 40 pce rotary tool for $35!!:shock:

DSE sells them for $24 according to the dropout flyer that came with last week’s local rag.

Which is probably worth it if (1) you’re buying it for a single use application or (2) your mates/neighbours/family borrow your tools a lot.

But imho I like using quality tools, makes the job so much nicer to do. If you want a real Dremel pass the word around to your family, they’re at a great pricerange ideal for a present item. They’re often onsale for Father’s day etc etc too.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.