Stuff I ve been playing with.

Home Forums General Chat Stuff I ve been playing with.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Some of you think that all Aaron must ever do is play with stuff for ausmicro. Well that s only partly true….

Attached is a pic of my latest project coming to fruition.

Essentially it s a custom cable and electroncis package that lets me hook any video source up to the colour screen that normally has radio/ventilation control settings shown on it in my Car….

This pic shows Xbox Media Center running on the screen.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

And another pic

This one shows the Track list when a CD is inserted., closeup too.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

betty.k
      Participant

nice one boss!xp1700.gif

so i’m assuming there will be at least one rear view camera in the works!8ball.gif

Keymaster

Betty with over 200kw att he rear wheels everythigns behind you 🙂 Seriously though – this is the pointy end of about 6 months of work to get to the point where it’s a a reliable neat integration.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

hakhawk
      Participant

nice one there aaron, can you still access your heater controls? is that a touch screen? if so, youshould think about putting in a computer and use that for music, dvd’s, etc. thats what i’ve been working on in my car. checkout http://www.mp3car.com if ur interested.

z-beam
      Participant

i like it! a bit to much fo just a stereo, and to centered to be of any use to the passengers for gaming though… but being in the center makes it look very tidy indeed. almost like it came like that! i can realize that a cd stack player wont be neccisary as the xbox has a harddrive as well.

have you read up about the new systems microsoft and sony will be making next? sony s system will feature a lot of bluetooth use (7 wireless contrllers are planned) fo the added bonus of not needing to wire it up…

i got a wireless mouse and keyboard, wheres the damned wireless monitor setup!tongue.gif

Keymaster

It’s actually the factory fitted screen. The display for climate controls and radio etc overlays the xbox/video input as well. It’s not a touchscreen but there is an IR eye aver the screen that is very easy to link to an IR repeater circuit.

The xbox can have 200+Gb drives installed to play MP3 🙂

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Aaron wrote:

Some of you think that all Aaron must ever do is play with stuff for ausmicro. Well that”s only partly true….

Attached is a pic of my latest project coming to fruition.

Essentially it”s a custom cable and electroncis package that lets me hook any video source up to the colour screen that normally has radio/ventilation control settings shown on it in my Car….

This pic shows Xbox Media Center running on the screen.

Nice!!

Are you gunna market that soon?

Keymaster

Yup … very very soon….

--
      Site Owner Guy.

bithed
      Participant

…wow…all i have in my car is a GameBoy Advanced..lol…Hopefully next year Aaron i can run my car through a PSP? THAT would be fun 😉

Keymaster

Getting closer and closer to be production.

Look what arrived on Friday! There’s also a sneak preview in that pic of something else we’re working on!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

z-beam
      Participant

that little board cant have anything to do with bruce.

very tidy Aaron, i cant wait to hear about the results!

Keymaster

You’re right…. The little board is for something else. It’s still in very early testing phases (assembled two versions yesterday) and have yet to run it yet………. 17mm x 18mm and 0.8mm thick, wonder what it will be used for 🙂 It’s ‘EnsyWeensy’

As an aside, I’ll be doign some video of the ‘Spider’ in action this week, having finally got a few things organised so we’ll be able to see the benefits!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.