Super Imperfection – turning circles

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I just got some of the new Super Perfections with the built in lights.

They all have turning problems – some turn nice and sharp to the left, but have a big stupid turning circle to the right. Others have the same prob but the other way around.

All three cars I ve tried have got the same problem, but the older no light SPs are ok.

Is it possible that the magnets are stuffed?

Participant

I found that the clear chassis LXX super perfections allowed me to see the magnet travel and yes one way travels more than the other.

Maybee you should try to re-seat the coils and space them so there is equal travel distance between both sides. It’s hard to tell though when you don’t have the clear chassis.

cheers,

ph2t.

Participant

also maybe the magnets have been set uneavinly?

they sometimes glue em in wonky.

Participant

I got three recently. They all worked ok except the charger didn’t work on one of the controlers. The steering on one was a little off, but I just reseated the magnet and it worked fine. I think the quality control is a little lacking with these. My bet is they rushed them out for the holiday season to increase sales. They probably skipped the QC to get them on the shelves quicker.

The good thing about steering inconsistancies is that you can usually correct it with a bit of fiddling. It’s a simple steering system. It does suck that they couldn’t be a little better on the QC though. They are good cars. One of the better clones.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.