Super Slicks now in AU!

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

The best of the non-propo cars have finally hit Oz. AU$29.99 from TRU, mine had a couple of hundred in stock. Reviews have been posted elsewhere, so search the usual suspects if you must, but I suggest you just buy one.

To Betty K etc, they are almost perfectly sealed from dirt (better than an OL I would say :).

merc-blue
      Participant

ive read som info from tiny rc and seem alrite
      i think a prime candidate for a serious modding. im thinking i need some more parts hehehehehehehehe im thinking a propo mod casue there the perfct size to test out some ideas. ill keep you posted

any one interested in this scale therre are also epoch spec 1 and 2 which are quite expensive but propo at 1:43
      Edited by – merc-blue on 11 June 2004 20:18:56

Edited by – merc-blue on 11 June 2004 20:27:18

betty.k
      Participant

i too have heard good things about the rear end on this baby, thanks for the headsup otp!:):8ball:

Jowlz
      Participant

they aint got any real suspension but other than that they are fun as hell. they are crafted a lot like og zipzaps. motors are same diameter as bit motors but they are longer. anyhow for that price they are better than a dingo.

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

I have ten Epochs now :p, not really a comparison to the SS, they are more mini-Mini-Z than oversize ZZ like the SS. SS’s are a fair bit smaller. The larger bodies are close to true 1/43, while the Mini is Epoch sized at around 1/38.

My first SS is already getting a 1/32 body and propo mod.

brendan
      Participant

what is TRU

betty.k
      Participant

tru = toys r us (i’m just guessing here):8ball:

micro_Amps
      Participant

Yeah, I ‘ve had a play with a few of these that came in for modding, they are a dual cell and take a 3rd cell extremely well. Motors are a good size, nice and powerful. I agree with OTP, they are the best of the non propo cars, and a propo mod would just make these even more fun. Good size controller and good design with the charging batteries in the handle section, which comes off and plugs into the underneith of the car.
      🙂 uA

brendan
      Participant

ahh bugger, we dont have a toys r us here, but ill have a look around see if they have any at toyworld or k mart.

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

They are a TRU exclusive, though K-Mart are affiliate in AU so they would be worth a try. Don’t really like the TX, it suffers from ZZ SE like requirement for demented monkey grip. Couldn’t get AAA batteries to fit the charger handle, but the plug is the same size as the Epochs so I just peak charged first time.

merc-blue
      Participant

OTP how u propoing urs? casue my way is pretty pricy. im basically looking to put in a micro servo servo esc and a micro 2channel reciver..which is pretty pricy 15-20 bux each for the servo and servo esc and btween 30-50 for the receiver not to mention the workand modding to get it to work

yeh epochs are nice propo at this tiny scale . how much u payed for them got anny suggestions on were to pick them up from? considering on next month when the folks cough up for what they owe me

Edited by – merc-blue on 13 June 2004 20:52:12

brendan
      Participant

do they sell spare parts aswell like motors,sheels etc. Or do they just sell cars

Racer9
      Participant

I got one here for Christmas. I now need the purple motor.

merc-blue
      Participant

brendan they probly wont be out straght away but will be out soon. they gotta make people buy them and then buy other WHOLE cars for new shells before they bring out kits.. just to make some more money

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

They had about 200 cars at my local TRU, as well as tuning (motor/gears/hub caps/tyres) and body sets (2 bodies/hub caps).

Merc-Blue, I’m using spare Epoch boards. I got many of my cars from MRCC before the sell out, I recently bought a bunch of cars from techno at wegotu. See the BST section, I bought all the new chassis kits, but he still has some complete sets and used car AFAIK. My Epochs are getting Iwaver boards… The Epoch boards were sadly a little underengineered for the Epoch, but I think they’ll be perfect for the much smaller motored SS’s.

merc-blue
      Participant

if u got anything spare ill be happy to take one off ur hands

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

I need them all for a certain 1/32 utopia…

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

I got mine today!

icebreaka
      Participant

ok i just got home from TRU.. hehe with a blue porsche.. hehe.. looks pretty sick.. didnt know 1:43 was so small.. anyways if i could jus figure out how to get this box open i’ll be all set…!

icebreaka
      Participant

im serious.. i cant figure out how to open this .. :S i dun wana rip the the box apart

icebreaka
      Participant

k dw .. opened from the bottom 🙂

z-beam
      Participant

i need some comparison pics! whats the dimensions of the superslicks?

icebreaka
      Participant

i’ll post pics up soon 😉

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.