Superchar-g Dual Batteries/Movies

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

hey, i was wondering if i use Duracel Ultra for the remote it will mess up the car when recharching. THey say it will in this one website but i trust you people more. please reply, thanks

Admin
      Participant

NICE CHARGER KITT! That’s exactly what I had in mind for a portable charger but I couldn’t find a 3 cell battery holder like that at radio shack (only 2 and 4 cell) Where did you get that?

JMD. Duracel Ultra’swill work fine.

-Peter

Admin
      Participant

I got the 3x AA battery holder from a Maplin Electronics store here in the UK, they have a great range of electronics bits and bobs but not all of it is cheap, the battery holder I gotwas like 50p. They have AA holders in 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x, 6x, 8x &10x sizes: (PP3 battery clip required for the larger sizes)

They have an online store and do ship abroad, http://www.maplin.co.uk/

Admin
      Participant

k, thanks peter

Admin
      Participant

Prabbit, check this out, I made a twin charger for my two 2 battery Ferrari’s:

They’re both evenly matched on the speed but I’m going to have to make the steering on the silver one worse, the turning circle is too small and it keeps flipping over when turning. :smiley1:

I got a couple of those padded cases for ?3 a few weeks back and cut the foam up to hold the controllers, the two charging sockets were taken from the controllers and superglued (I hate those fumes) ontothe underneath of the 3 AA battery holder, there’s no problem with charging both cars at the same time due to the high ampage the NiMH AA batteries produce.

Admin
      Participant

WOW!!!!! That looks nice! Where did you get the ferarris?

-Peter

Admin
      Participant

Toy East in the Ferrari section, they’re yet another set of clones available in Red, Yellow & Silver if you can get any as they always sold out really quickly and I haven’t seen them listedfor sale recently.

The small pinion gear and 2.2 motor mean they don’t drive that fast with one battery, but two batteries and they have some nice speed+power and are able to drive up slopes well.

Admin
      Participant

hey prabbit i wouldnt mind one of your batteries when u come to australia i live in south australia…how much

Admin
      Participant

sorry mcwizadreeI’m back in the USA. I got back from Australia last week.

-Peter

Admin
      Participant

Yesterday morning I did another two battery conversion. I need a limo bodyshell for this one.

*WARNING* The below pictures are not for the faint of hearted :smiley4:

As it’s an OEM Bullet I chopped up the acceleration of this monster isn’t that good but it gets some nice speed up once going, I don’t know how long it’ll last on a full charge – I think I’d get bored after half an hour, the battery ‘pack’ is from a Gameboy Colour battery pack and still has the charging socket on which I connect up to the 3AA battery pack used for charging my Ferraris, and the piece of plastic inbetween the two halves of the car is from a broken DVD case.

I’m nowwondering what a 3 AAA battery car would be like…

Admin
      Participant

that is insane!!!

can’t wait to see what body you put on that one 😉

Admin
      Participant

KITT’S A MAD MAN!!!!!

“A shadowy drive into the unstable world of a man who does not quit” hahahahaha

This mod in real life would be similar to puttinga 2000 gallon gas tank on a ferarri. You have the samehorsepower, the car now weighs 4 timestheoriginalweight but you could drive across the contenentseveral times after a fill up.

Compared to the small 2 cell conversion:

Power to weight ratio will beWAY DOWN.

Acceleration will bemuch worse.

Top speed will bea little slower

Endurance will … OMG … it’ll probably last for hours!

Let’s just say, if you want to race your friends with small cell mods you should probably request a 500 lap race. hahaha

Nice Job KITT. I vote for a ferrari limo body. That would make it a ferrarimo????

Admin
      Participant

hey prabbit, do you happen to have step by step pics? im pretty confused by your wording (sorry) and i would really like to attempt this. thanks in advance.

Admin
      Participant

HEY PRABBIT

I want to know if you can give me step by step instruction on how to supercharge my RX-7 please

chillz
      Participant

I tried this mod with my yellow rx7, and i did exactaly what you said but it still wont work. I put it on the charger for like three minutes, and it only runs for a couple of seconds. Do i need some special wire or a specific type a battery? help please.

Admin
      Participant

OMG!!!

that was scary to watch!!!

damn it went fast

Admin
      Participant

Well im still looking for suitable springs, but to no avail.

Admin
      Participant

Hi iwas wondering if you can do this duel cell by useing a nicad 50mah and a nimh 120 mah?Would this work or do they have to be the same cells?Cheers…

Admin
      Participant

hey Prabbit i found some instructions on a different site.i think it had a dual cell mod and a triple one too. but it was a little different from yours instead soldering a wire to the negative battery terminal plate, they soldered a wire to the PCB board where it says GND. i was wondering if the resultwould be the same as yours, also what did you use to cut the hole for the second battery.

z-beam
      Participant

after reading your post i feel stupid jamie, i bought an enertech racer and it had two nimh cells standard ( 1/4 aaa instead of 1/3aaa) and its steering sucked cos it had a thicker steering spring, maybe it would come in handy. alternatly add a second steering spring. have you fitted any spring susp. in yor turbobits jamie

Admin
      Participant

I would like to introduce myself to the 2.4v crew. I first converted my “precious char-a” to a superchar-a. This car has always been faster than my microsizer. (i dunno why) Using the same gearing and motor has made no difference. Then I converted my microsizer to a ‘nitro-sizer’. The microsizer is much easier to control. It runs very straight, though a bit slower than the superchar-a. I added a spoiler from a fast and furious zip zap to my sizer’s honda s2000 body to take away from the battery’s ugly. First off, I can’t hardly keep the front wheels of the subaru impreza (char-a) on the ground. I clocked the simulated quarter-mile time at 4seconds. (for drag-racers, that’s faster than ‘top fuel’) very impressive but hard to handle. I have experimented with all kinds of motors from 1.0 to 3.8 with the dual cell set-up, and settled on a medium gearing with a generic 3.0’ish motor. These motors have an orange’ish-pink end. The torque is amazing.

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.