SuperSlicks CAN be FET modded *UPDATE*

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Charlie Brown
      Participant

Well, I ve been studying the SS board for a while, and I know that the SuperSlick CAN be FET modded. I ve traced the motor wire traces to the FETs, and I ll show you which can be replaced.

Look in this pic, the transistors circled in red are the ones which can be replaced.

SSFETmod1.jpg

Same here, the trannies which can be replaced are circled here…

SSFETmod2.jpg

Now, I just need to trace their source pins back to the power source, so I can figure out where to place the N/P channel FETs,

the N channel FETs would be IRLML2502, P channel FETs IRLML6401.

One pair of FETs is for forward, the other pair is for reverse, once again I have to figure this out…

Edited by – Charlie Brown on 26 August 2004 10:30:47

Edited by – Charlie Brown on 29 August 2004 06:53:47

Charlie Brown
      Participant

UPDATE: If you look at the first pic in this thread, (top side), in the red circle, the transistor on the left needs to be replaced with an N channel, and the one underneath connected to the same motor wire/trace can be replaced with a P channel… I haven’t tried this yet though, I just assumed that since the tranny on the left had a black wire traced to it’s source pin, then it can be swapped for an N channel FET, and the one right underneath that transistor (connected to the same motor wire as that stock tranny) is a P channel…just a theory for now, I have yet to test these little babies….

Edited by – Charlie Brown on 29 August 2004 06:54:25

betty.k
      Participant

that’s the funny thing with reputations, they precede you! there aint a hope in hell i’m gonna start messing with a pcb based on your “research”:dead::8ball:

merc-blue
      Participant

OMGOSH…. charlie any thing can be fet modded.. a SS can be fetmodded its not hard all you do is replace the H brige with a more efficent one … just because u found transistors on the PCB doesnt mean there the rite ones..

Charlie Brown
      Participant

Betty, when did I tell you to start messing with cars based on my research? I’M the one who’s going to mess with these cars…..

merc blue, do you even HAVE a superslick? Back off, if they aren’t the right transistors, then why are their drain pins connected to the motor wires (yellow and purple)? Let’s hear this one.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Nice work charlie, hope it works out…

Charlie Brown
      Participant

Thanks jamie…

Anyway, I’m doing away with the P channel FETs…

If you look at some bit modding diagrams, you’ll notice that they use all N channel FETs in their h-bridges, but some are rotated, so that the FET’s drain pin goes to the source pad, and vice versa…I’m going to apply this principal to what I’ll be doing with the SS h-bridge, since N chan FETs have a lower resistance and crap…

Tomorrow or the day after, I’ll place an order for the N chan FETS from Digikey…Man, I can’t wait to get this done!

merc-blue
      Participant

no im not doubting them being the right fets as much as im doubting ur general intelligence “SuperSlick CAN be FET modded” of course they can.. ny thing can be fet modded otherwise it would never have been able to drive in the first place

micro_Amps
      Participant

Its not that simple CB, goodluck with your investigations.
      :)uA

Charlie Brown
      Participant
      Quote:
      no im not doubting them being the right fets as much as im doubting ur general intelligence “SuperSlick CAN be FET modded” of course they can.. ny thing can be fet modded otherwise it would never have been able to drive in the first place

You just can’t live without shitty typing and constant slagging, can you? 😯

Quote:
      Its not that simple CB, goodluck with your investigations.

Haha, wishes from the FET king himself! Thanks mate….

Edited by – Charlie Brown on 27 August 2004 01:29:08

kitsune
      Participant
      Quote:
      ny thing can be fet modded otherwise it would never have been able to drive in the first place

😀 Are you telling me I can fet mod my ’75 volvo 😀 Awesome – if there was ever a car that could use a performance boost that’s the one to do it to.

Imaging a nelly for it, now there’s a challenge for ph2t LOL:smiley2:

Charlie Brown
      Participant

no challenge…Why go with a Woah Nelly with a car that has 2.4V worth of power going thru it? The FETs in Woah Nelly were designed for the lowest RDS on at 4.5V, SS’s are about 2.4V…good for biff’s. If you were add 2 more batts to the SS to bring it up to 4.8V, then you could possibly…OH wait, you were talking about your VOLVO…nvm…

merc-blue
      Participant

kitsune u know wat i really mean

CB if u get this to work ill be impressed and yeh if ur running a fetted SS i woud go for 3 cells

kitsune
      Participant

Yeah merc I do, tho part of me wishes that I could do a fet mod to get the old girl moving a little quicker 🙂

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Fet the fuel injection system?? 🙂

Charlie Brown
      Participant
      Quote:
      Fet the fuel injection system?? 🙂

Better yet, FET the ignition/sparkplugs, oR 3v3n tha SpOiLerZ Fur an Xtra 10 mles prr HoUr!!! :smiley16:

kitsune
      Participant

What 0 – 100 in 10.4 minutes not fast enough 😉

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

dude fetting the spark plug is not really possible, nor would you notice a difference…

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.