Supra = Nightmare!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

I bought a Supra ages ago and the range has always sucked. So I thought today, I’d remove the PCB cripple cap and see if it improves…

…Nope!

So I opened the controller, no cripple cap in there, removed a blue wire though (just out of curiosity really) and it didn’t make it any better – it didn’t make it any worse (which I found strange) either – so I don’t quite know what that blue wire is for!?

I tried adjusting the POT – no luck!

So I’ve come to the conclusion that the chassis must have something wrong with it. I mean, it won’t go more then about 6inches before going out of range – and even then I have to be holding the controller’s antenna about 6 inches from the car’s aerial!

Should have sent it back yonks ago, but didn’t bother! My own fault. But I’m just puzzled as to what could be wrong! Any ideas?

Admin
      Participant

dude i got the same prob with mine its got not range or turning or battery life. i think its just the oldness

GT-ahh
      Participant

check on the other side of thecontroller pcb there might be a cripple cap hiding there.

Admin
      Participant

6 inches. i would bust out the d.v.m. and check all your sh*t and conecitons. cuz it sounds like somthin on the control. is f**ked up.

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by GT-ahh on 05November2002

check on the other side of thecontroller pcb there might be a cripple cap hiding there.

Way ahead of ya! Checked that when I had the controller in bits. No joy unfortunately.

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by lancer_evo on 05November2002

6 inches. i would bust out the d.v.m. and check all your sh*t and conecitons. cuz it sounds like somthin on the control. is f**ked up.

Dude, if I knew what you were talking about for one minute, I think I’d try it :smiley1:

PandaBear
      Participant

is it the TX or the car, Chris?

Do you have another set non-Supra in the same freq, to use for testing?

Admin
      Participant

Thanks Panda – I sorted it! You were right, it was the controller all along! You see, I did have another 47MHz controller but the aerial was stuck in the wound position – I couldn’t pull the aerial out. So I thought ‘doesn’t really matter, I’ve got the 47MHz controller that came with the Supra anyhow’. After racking my brains trying to get the Supra’s range up, and after reading your post, I thought its got to be worth me fixing that faulty 47MHz controller. So I did! And hey presto – good range :smiley1:

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.