suspension springs

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      z-beam
      Participant

afx springs can be purchased from hobby and toy stores as apair for under $2. save all u other ozzies out there from wastin time with online shops and the like. unless u live in the bush ov course. still need a trimmin’ though. Also if u differ the length of the springs (longer on the right) u can fix steering problems.

Admin
      Participant

Yes I used the springs a while ago. The ones that hold the contacts on the track. Exept i got about ten for nothing.

Admin
      Participant

I cut about 2 links off.

Admin
      Participant

which shop z beam?

Admin
      Participant

Just about any hobby shop which sells afx/ho slot cars.

z-beam
      Participant

some of the tires (small ones) fit the bit front rims as well.

Admin
      Participant

Hmm I know its cheap but does suspension make a difference? No cars so far have really been made for off road, or carpet/lumpy surface. I dont think I need to worry about suspension when I only use my Bit Char-G on a flat surface, correct?

Admin
      Participant

But it look cool with coils, plus they work too.

GT-ahh
      Participant

yeah hardersuspension springs help in keeping all four wheels in contact with the ground. less spin outs / better handling

also if you car veers to one side or turns better one way you can add a harder or softer spring on that side to fix it.

z-beam
      Participant

certain lighters(bic i think) have hrd springs in them u have to strech the spring to permanatly lessen the diameter of it.

cain dont you race on tiles some times? adding medium length afx springs stops the car from flipping and loosing its orientation at every bump.

independant suspension is what its called. i only use the bar with springs because my skyline sits 2 mm off the ground.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.