T-MAXX ROOM

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      VR-4
      Participant

Ok This is for questions how to s or just brag about your t-maxx.

I just bought my 2nd tmaxx i have 1 from when it first came out and a new 2.5. not to meny hop ups on the 2.5 becides a pull start pipe ect. i really havent seen any need to hop it up.

The first how to im posting is how to polish your headder.

first remove it from your 2.5 and with fine sand paper give it a good wet sanding ” i used 500 grit with alu. and mag polish to wet sand it.

now you should see small scratches on it now you get a common brillow pad or fine steel woll and give it a wet sanding with that. now just clean it off good makeing shure to remove all shaveings and it lookjs like a nice headder.

now a quick how to on makeing a middle skid plate aka trans plate. i use 22 gage cold rolled steal

the specs are 60mm wide 135.5 mm long the first bend for the front should be at 35mm and the rear bend should be at 50mm from the back. mounting holes will very depending on the size of it so i ll leave that up to you.

some tips on getting nice bends are with a cup off disk and a rotory tool make a small line whare you need to bend it remember not to go to deep.

i ll take some pics of my headder and my plate and show you all what they look like.

peedee
      Participant

GO SAVAGE

Star Guitar
      Participant

tmaxx sucks, they r a waste of money and they r weak ever tryed jumping a real car with a tmaxx theyd just snap

savage owns that peice of crap

Edited by – Star Guitar on 21 November 2003 19:40:27

VR-4
      Participant

lmao savage is a slow hunk of cra p i had a 25 and got smoked by a stock tmaxx and when i had my 25 i had to replace the arms 3 times and it wasent 1/2 as tuneabull as the maxx

brendan
      Participant

the tmaxx is a peice of crap, they brake down after u go over a peeble

Star Guitar
      Participant

duh the savage is a little slower its a basher not a racer, but it still owns a t-crap in anything bashing and u can jump it off a house and it doesnt break yet a t-crap breaks if u run it into a pole at full speed a savage just gets scratched

VR-4
      Participant

http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/electric_banana_2000

some pics of my headder and plate.

heres the specs on the new 2.5.

the carb is a composet 6mm slide carb with low high and idle needles, as far as the block for the 2.5 is based on a .21 block but uses a .15 configuration for more rpm’s.

After i took my eng. aprat to compare it to my novarossi i was suprised to find out its equal if not better than italian race engs. looking ad the pistion on the crank you can see how much extra stoke it has, Theres alot of o rins to seal this eng. from air leaks some places my novarossi dosent have them so this was a big improvement on the rossi, the headder uses a o ring to seal and is very effective compared to the gaskit type. i also like how the header bolts on like a notmal car headder so no more springs.

The pullstart is the best pull start i seen in along time, what makes it better well if you ever removed a pull starter and had it fall apard and had to rewind it then you know what im talkig about. the new 2.5 uses a new 1 way bering and the pull starter dosent fall apray becouse of how its made.

The head i check and there very little clarence between the heatsind and pistion about the thickness of a shim whiteout a shim the pistion hits the heatsink “alot of stroke”

I also must say i like the pistion an connecting rod the connecting rod is knife edged.

The flywheel for stock is very light but the eng could use a lighter flywheel. im useing a ultra light robinson raceing what is about 1/4 of the weight of stock. i seen test on the 2.5 with 20% fule and a stock flywheel and cluth system it reaching 50,000 rpm’s the tipical .21 only has 35,000 rpm’s.

improvemnts on the tmaxx are a thicker chassy than the old 2.5 new more beefer drive shafts all around wides suspension and fully adjustbul caster camber and toe in. also i seen that the stock servos on the tmaxx are a little stronger than the tipical normal servo. i found this out when i hit the brake and it picked the back tires up “looked cool but not cool for raceing” after some adjustments it stocks on a dime.

the manual is grate just like a serpant manual full color computer images losts of tips and how tos.

hop ups and upgrades. i tryed alot of pipes and the pipe i like the best is the cvec dual rear exhust for the 2.5 becous it sounds good you can tune it and seems to give it more power through out throtle curve. If you can get your hands on some alu. clutch shoes they sell at http://www.newera.com there grate with the tmaxx you get off the line alot faster but puts alot of whare on your clutch bell but is good for raceing. diff spools are a must if you like going off road. if you drive on the street and a lil off road then put a pool up front if you want wheeles on demand put 1 in the back or if you want full time 4wd put 1 in the front and back.

If you can get your hands on a kit from thundertec raceing you can have a maxx that can beat touring cars!! the kit is a conversion that lets you use a 3 speed from a fusion with the inturnal 2 speed got a total of 5 gears!!! down side the kit is $300 and you still need a centax 2 clutch so about $380 to use it. i ordered 1 and im still wateing on it but should have it in about 4 weeks i hope. the kit comes with new springs for the stock 2 speed ultra low 1 2 and 3rd gears for getting off the line alot faster a clutch bell for the 3 speed but you still need a centex clutch system.

so how dus the conversion hold up to a twin .21 t maxx. i got to see the 2 drag the truck with the conversion was mostly stock with some alu parts. and a wasp .18 and the twin was useing 2 siro 24’s. well i thought the truck with more motor was gonna win but just like the grandnational proved that powere is nothing without gearing that truck with the twins got smoked bad. also the guy with the maxx with the conversion just picked up a rb inovations supercharger for his maxx but hasent put it on i havent seen it with the sc but i can only imanage how much power that truck has. the sc i was told coust around $160 usd for the kit.

peedee
      Participant

stand by ur hunk o crap come down under and get ur ass handed to u by team SavageOu see PD happens to no some things…and one of those things we nose is its not how u brag bout ur car its how u bash ur car… u gotta learn that..

Star Guitar
      Participant

so true pd, u may be able to have a bling bling truck but itll get its ass kicked when tryin to bash down under

peedee
      Participant

my cousin used to have tmaxx traded it for a inferno mp 7.5 sports

he once broke the body mount when he dropped a spanner on the body OMG LAME

Star Guitar
      Participant

lol weak itd have to be cheap if itd break like that

VR-4
      Participant

lmao im sorry but my maxx would hand your savage its azz on a platter. lets go fell speed and run our trucks into a wall i aint afrade of brake my truck becouse its fully hoped up with hard core raceing titanum diff spools imex pull tires piggy back shocks full cvd’s sirio 21 rb inovations supercharger lunsford titanum turbuckles reverse lock out hard core alu. trans with harden steel gears centax clutch novarossi rex raceing pipe mars ex1 r remote with digital servos. and i got a maxx that just needs cvd’s with 2 21 sirios.

face it you got a pos. it will never have 1/2 the hop ups that the maxx has or be a better off road truck. the maxx has ben around for 6 years an few changes were made. the savage has allredy ben revised and it hasent ben out for 2 years lmao.

so remember if you wanna go out for power you will never beat a t maxx when you can only use 1 eng the tmaxx can use 2 🙂

oh yeah i seen what a good .21 can do to your truck its kinda funnyi’ll take pics of some twisted outputs striped gears and a blown out trans. it kinda nasty lookin.

ok back on topic ppl just ran my maxx with a spool and a siro and snaped the screws that hold the gear to the spool becouse i was to lazy to change them. so change them ta save time in the long run.

i’ll take some pics of my hoped up max with full hard core raceing opptions imex pull tires with clod rims cvd’s sirio 21 centex clutch rb inovations supercharger rabinson raceing alu. trans with reverse lock out with harden steel gears. i just gotta clean it up some.

fullthrotle raceing is makeing a carbonfiber maxx chassy with alu. motor suport and should be out in about 2 months and word about a prices is $50.

if you looking for chassys on ebay and your looking for a spider make shure its the real spider theres fakes that are waterjet cut instead of cnc’ed and the cuts are really ruff.

tmaxx news is full throtle raceing clocked ther maxx at 96.5mph on 20%

novarossi is makeing a .18 3.5hp 65,000 monster as a direct drop in for the max should be out early summer of 04 and coust about $250

rumors on outher maxx fourms are a guy is makeing a chassy thats 1/2 the wight of a stock but uses a dual .21 configuration but the cool thing is the chassy is a upside down u shape and the eng’s are mounter on a angle from what ppl who seen the pics are saying from the back it looks like a v twin but i havent seen pics. and the coolest thing is they say its useing a 4 link suspension like a clod and has 13inchs of wheel travle. dont know if they guys gonna sell the kit or post a how to or just say screw you guys look at my truck its better than yours. all i know is it sounds cool and i’ll try to look for some pics.

if anyone wants to help on project 4link just let me know. what im trying to do is make a 4 link system without totaly changeing stuff but have it be strong enought to withstand impacts. heres what a me and a few guys have so far. the bottom ladder bars will be alu. then drilled and taped so it will like like any monster truck and be based on the clods 4 link. then whare the chassy bolts to the rear and front bulkheads wll be custom cnc’ed brackets to hold the the links. only prob we see is that it may twist some. but we wont know till we test it. if thats the case we got some plans for a new bulkhead that will have the points for 4 link suspension in them. now heres the bad think about that if thats how we gotta do it there gonna be about $75usd for the bulkhead. so any ideas you may have let me know and we can test it out. but this truck is gonna sit high really high. so let me know if you wanna help if ou dont understand it i’ll take some pics of my clods suspension then take a pic of what we got on the maxx so far and then just give me some input.

Star Guitar
      Participant

actually a savage can have a twin engine

http://www.savage-central.com/ftopic1093.html

go there and read that it is possible to do a twin engine for a savage and itd smoke a pussy little tmaxx just face it u bought a crap truck

VR-4
      Participant

lmao ok i had a savage and i know what it can do and its a pos. face it the tmaxx is a “race” truck and thats why just about every rc company makes parts for it becouse its the best rc truck made. it was just voted readers choice and is ruiing for truck of the year between the rcx edition mad force and monster gt. i dound you know what your talking about becouse your not a racer and i can tell your talking out of your azz.

I poster some pics showing the size of a 2.5 next to a novarossi .12 block and showed how big the carb is and some pics of meinstalling a full bore electric fule pump and a full bore supercharger with derlin pully. but i was sent the wrong mounting kit and intake tube so i wont have it installed till next wed. also in th pic im useint the stock air filter but i’ll swap it for a k&n when i get my mounting kit, how the fule pump works is there are 2 sets of wires 1 is for the reciver and the outher is for the throtle servo. and when the throtle servo advances it speeds up the pump and when the brake is aplyed it slows down the pump.

http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/electric_banana_2000

VR-4
      Participant
      Star Guitar
      Participant

full aluminimum tmaxx? pfft what crap itd weigh a ton

so how many cm’s high can u jump that?? 30?? 50??

a tmaxx needs so many aftermarket parts to make it stronger cause it aint good enough stock and i no a tmaxx is a race truck, but how hard can u bash it before u break an A arm? how high will it jump before it bottoms out because of the weight of it?

peedee
      Participant

hey vr-4 if ur tmaxx is that good why wasnt it entered into the chicago show….full titanium is bogus….show me some pics if this “thing” excists

PandaBear
      Participant

… touche! :clown:

peedee
      Participant

lol stand byt the savage 100%

i say the best monster truck is the MINI-Z yea go mini lol

ausmicro needs some contraversy

Star Guitar
      Participant

show us ur tmaxx bet its crap

Edited by – Star Guitar on 27 November 2003 21:36:24

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.